Princess Sold Fake Picasso and Miro?

Old September 22nd, 2005, 02:06 AM
How B

Default Princess Sold Fake Picasso and Miro?

From Yacht Vacations & Charters Magazine:

Princess Cruises Sold Fake "Picasso" and Fake "Miro" At Sea Auctions

Two Art Pieces, "Certified and Guaranteed" to Belong to Picasso and Miro
Can Not Be Authenticated After Two Years of Purchase

By: YV&C News Desk
Sep. 21, 2005 07:15 PM

http://fr.sys-con.com/read/101684.htm

How B

Old September 22nd, 2005, 02:36 AM
How B

How B wrote:

From Yacht Vacations & Charters Magazine:

Princess Cruises Sold Fake "Picasso" and Fake "Miro" At Sea Auctions

Two Art Pieces, "Certified and Guaranteed" to Belong to Picasso and Miro
Can Not Be Authenticated After Two Years of Purchase

By: YV&C News Desk
Sep. 21, 2005 07:15 PM

http://fr.sys-con.com/read/101684.htm

How B

The "Picasso" was bought for $13,235. The "Miro" sold for $9,415. I
ask you... If you were going to invest in art, would you do it on a
cruise ship? Some fools and their money deserve to be parted...

How B

Old September 22nd, 2005, 02:48 AM
Becca

How B wrote:

The "Picasso" was bought for $13,235. The "Miro" sold for $9,415. I
ask you... If you were going to invest in art, would you do it on a
cruise ship? Some fools and their money deserve to be parted...

How B

A cruise ship is not the best place to find investments in art, but if
you see something and you like it, why not?

Becca

Old September 22nd, 2005, 03:01 AM
How B

Becca wrote:
How B wrote:

The "Picasso" was bought for $13,235. The "Miro" sold for $9,415. I
ask you... If you were going to invest in art, would you do it on a
cruise ship? Some fools and their money deserve to be parted...

A cruise ship is not the best place to find investments in art, but if
you see something and you like it, why not?

Well, my theory in that case is that if the piece says something to me,
I should enjoy a $100 unsigned lithograph just as much as the $10,000
version with signature.

How B

Old September 22nd, 2005, 04:20 AM
Rosalie B.

Becca wrote:

How B wrote:

The "Picasso" was bought for $13,235. The "Miro" sold for $9,415. I
ask you... If you were going to invest in art, would you do it on a
cruise ship? Some fools and their money deserve to be parted...

How B

A cruise ship is not the best place to find investments in art, but if
you see something and you like it, why not?

Becca

For that money, I wouldn't be buying it just because I liked it but
because it would be a good investment and/or it would impress my
friends. And if I wanted a real Picasso, I wouldn't buy it on a
cruise ship but from a place where it could be reliably authenticated
by an expert that I hired. If I was going to do it at auction I'd
want it to be someplace with some reputation.

As How B says - I can like something a lot less expensive. I could
even paint one for myself from a photo.
grandma Rosalie
Old September 22nd, 2005, 05:46 AM
J Carnaghie

Well, what to do now seems to be the
question?
A cruise ship art auction certainly
would not rate as one of the places for
me to spend a $ignificant amount of
money for an art piece, the champagne is
certainly better in the shore side
galleries.
Seems like you can either keep the "art"
and return the check or keep the check
and return the "art" or possibly accept
the check as compensation for your
storage costs and keep the
now-unauthenticated art. Have you
considered having the pieces evaluated
by a "real" expert?
$22+K is not pocket change to most people.
Cheers,
John