NYC port

Old September 20th, 2005, 04:03 AM

Thanks Sue. The last time we sailed from New York on the Pacific
Princess we stayed in the Poconos the night before and drove in the
morning of the cruise. It worked out well for us so we may do that
again, depending I guess on where we will be sailing from. I guess
it's too early to start making plans though.

Lola in Hamilton

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:
wrote:

Does anyone know if there will be parking at the new pier in Red Hook?
We are driving from Hamilton, Ontario for the SGC2006.

I remember reading somewhere that there would be secure parking at the
Red Hook Terminal. I just hope that the terminal will be ready in time
for us.

sue

Old September 20th, 2005, 03:06 PM

I asked Princess about parking they wasn't sure yet ! Let's hope they
will be going from the NYC piers . As bad as they are ,and there will
be 3 ships in then . I think it beets Red Hook !! Looks like RCCI Did a
much better job in picking Bayown then Carnival did in picking Red
Hook .I hoping to take a drive over to Red Hook Soon to see what it's
like .Stay tooned !!
Ken G.........

Old September 20th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Ermalee McCauley wrote:

If we sail from Red Hook, they better have parking or we will cancel
the cruise. From South Jersey anything other then driving just
wouldn't work.

sue

You might pay less for a limo/driver than the parking would cost.
Or not much more. Not to mention the hassle!

Kevin has someone he uses when he travels on business and we also use
him to get to the airport when we are cruising. We once asked him
about going to the pier in NYC and his fare was much worse then the
cost of parking. It would be about the same to Red Hook, as it is to
the NYC piers.

Ermalee ---likes to have a driver to handle the luggage ;8

I have Kevin to handle all the luggage(grin).

sue
Old September 20th, 2005, 03:27 PM

I think you hit it on the head Karen !! How meny ships do you think it
can handel at one time . Now you left from Bayown .Don't you thinks
it's much better . And in a few years there going to be a Hotel and
ferry sevice to NYC .I think Carnival lost to RCCI on this one !!
Ken G.........

Old September 20th, 2005, 03:53 PM

Hi Karen there is going to be 2 ships at Bayown this coming friday .
The Voyager and a Celerirty ship . I think it the first time this is
happening . also Hudson County is offing passengers who have late
fights tours of south hudson Bayown Jersay city and Hoboken . There
will have a place to put your bages .When you on tour .If i have time
this weekend i will check out Red Hook .I still don't think they
started yet !!
Ken G............PS in a few years there is going to be a park by the
ships in Bayown where you can watch the ships coming & going !!