Welcome Home Tom & Charles!!!

Old September 20th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Peri

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

You know, Ken..that is really ludicrous! Who wants to embark and disembark
on something that humongous? I don't want to be on anything with the amount
of people that they will be putting on it...more like going to a county or
state fair.. Takes the fun out of cruising for me! I hope they will have
reached their pinnacle (no pun ;-) ) and will stop this silliness!

And I, for one, hope they keep building. No, I don't want to sail on
any of the new monster ships, but the law of supply and demand is your
friend. Let them build, let the thrillseekers and newbie cruisers flock
to the floating resorts, and let them leave the "smaller" ships with
lots of empty rooms for us.

~ Peri
Old September 20th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Tom K" wrote in message
Rickey won't let Mickey win. And Mickey won't let Rickey win.

It won't stop.

I think that it will, Tom...eventually they will realize how silly they are
being..Maybe when people stop filling them after the initial excitement of
being on such a monstrosity is over, future bookings will cease.

--Jean

Old September 20th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Peri" wrote in message
And I, for one, hope they keep building. No, I don't want to sail on any
of the new monster ships, but the law of supply and demand is your friend.
Let them build, let the thrillseekers and newbie cruisers flock to the
floating resorts, and let them leave the "smaller" ships with lots of
empty rooms for us.

LOL! That is one way of looking at it Peri, but the smaller ships will soon
be extinct.

--Jean

Old September 20th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Tom K

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. ..

"Tom K" wrote in message
Rickey won't let Mickey win. And Mickey won't let Rickey win.

It won't stop.

I think that it will, Tom...eventually they will realize how silly they
are being..Maybe when people stop filling them after the initial
excitement of being on such a monstrosity is over, future bookings will
cease.

Voyager class ships still get top pricing. Unless you've tried Voyager
class... you're not seeing how revolutionary the class of ships is. It's
not initial excitement. It's just a superior class of ship.

When you're getting top pricing... it's not silly. It's profits.

It's not a fad. It's continued success.

For a cruise line like Royal Caribbean, building any class of ship smaller
than Voyager class is silly.

--Tom

Old September 20th, 2005, 03:18 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Tom K" wrote in message

Voyager class ships still get top pricing. Unless you've tried Voyager
class... you're not seeing how revolutionary the class of ships is. It's
not initial excitement. It's just a superior class of ship.

When you're getting top pricing... it's not silly. It's profits.

It's not a fad. It's continued success.

For a cruise line like Royal Caribbean, building any class of ship smaller
than Voyager class is silly.

I'm talking about ships the size of the Carnival Pinnacle that Ken mentioned
in his post.

--Jean

Old September 20th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Tom K

"Tom K" wrote in message

Voyager class ships still get top pricing. Unless you've tried Voyager
class... you're not seeing how revolutionary the class of ships is. It's
not initial excitement. It's just a superior class of ship.

When you're getting top pricing... it's not silly. It's profits.

It's not a fad. It's continued success.

For a cruise line like Royal Caribbean, building any class of ship
smaller than Voyager class is silly.

I'm talking about ships the size of the Carnival Pinnacle that Ken
mentioned in his post.

Understood... but that's the next logical step in the "mine is bigger than
yours" battle.

When bigger means more to do... people flock to it.

--Tom

Old September 20th, 2005, 02:57 PM

I even think that the new Carnival ship is out of hand !! I hear alot
of people saying the QM2 is just to big also . Bigger ships offer more
to there passengers . They are not looking to impress us . It's the
never cruised person that that never cruised before they are marketing
with this bigger ships.Hoping to get them hooked !! like us RTC er's

Old September 20th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Tobie Gerbrandt

Can you say "Los Verocies!"

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific