Genuine Paris

Old October 4th, 2008, 06:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
le_voyageur_en_velo

Default Genuine Paris

In article ,
Hatunen wrote:

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 21:35:19 +0200, le_voyageur_en_velo
wrote:

In article ,
Hackamore wrote:

I went back to the 14eme the next trip :-}

Why?

Hi,

'cause I'd rather have my afternoon drink in a "regular" brasserie
instead of a gay bar...

I'm an attractive masculine heterosexual man and don't really appreciate
it when another man makes a pass at me... and I don't think the French
police would be as understanding about why I'd grab his head and drive
his face into the floor full force and leave him bleeding there to pay
my bar tab for his trouble.

Why would you do that? How'd you feel if a female who happened to be
trained in martial arts, beat the **** out of you because you offered to
buy her a drink?

I'm straight too, and gay men have made a pass at me on maybe two
occasions. It sort of flatters me (after all, it means someone finds
you attractive), but I'm not interested, so I say 'non, ça ira, merci'.

You might need to look into why you're so insecure in your sexuality,
that being chatted up by a man, makes you want to use extreme violence.

You know what they say about guys who manifest that sort of gay
hatred....

Too true. Where is Markku when you need him, eh ...?

--
le_voyageur_en_velo
Old October 4th, 2008, 10:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_2_]

le_voyageur_en_velo wrote on Sat, 04 Oct 2008 19:10:48 +0200:

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 21:35:19 +0200, le_voyageur_en_velo
wrote:

In article ,
Hackamore wrote:

[...]

A lot of yobbos are not really confident of their sexuality and they
feel that being "chatted up" by a homosexual challenges their
masculinity. A violent reaction can unfortunately be understood even if
it should be discouraged and punished.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old October 5th, 2008, 04:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hackamore

I'm an attractive masculine heterosexual man and don't really appreciate
it when another man makes a pass at me... and I don't think the French
police would be as understanding about why I'd grab his head and drive
his face into the floor full force and leave him bleeding there to pay
my bar tab for his trouble.

Why would you do that? How'd you feel if a female who happened to be
trained in martial arts, beat the **** out of you because you offered to
buy her a drink?

1) he didn't offer to buy me a drink

2) if I'd have done to a woman what he did to me I'd deserve it
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
le_voyageur_en_velo

In article ,
Hackamore wrote:

I'm an attractive masculine heterosexual man and don't really appreciate
it when another man makes a pass at me... and I don't think the French
police would be as understanding about why I'd grab his head and drive
his face into the floor full force and leave him bleeding there to pay
my bar tab for his trouble.

Why would you do that? How'd you feel if a female who happened to be
trained in martial arts, beat the **** out of you because you offered to
buy her a drink?

1) he didn't offer to buy me a drink

2) if I'd have done to a woman what he did to me I'd deserve it

3) get counselling

--
le_voyageur_en_velo
Old October 5th, 2008, 12:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On Oct 2, 3:27*pm, Keith Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 16:42:36 -0500, "Gregory Morrow"
wrote:

It's fun to see str8 guys accidentally stumble into gay bars, the looks on
their faces are *priceless*. *They experience a little bit of what they dish
out to the gals when they go out to ogle and pick up chicks...

Interestingly, there is something of a new trend here (Chicago, at least) of
young and attractive hetero women
going to gay bars to enjoy the evening.

Gay friends in the UK refer to these as "fag hags".

Not quite - a fag hag is a straight woman whose friends and companions
are mostly gay, not just one who prefers the environment of a gay bar
now and again. I would think of it as something of a derogatory term,
or at least not a term of admiration.
Old October 7th, 2008, 05:54 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hackamore[_2_]

le_voyageur_en_velo wrote:
In article ,
Hackamore wrote:

I'm an attractive masculine heterosexual man and don't really appreciate
it when another man makes a pass at me... and I don't think the French
police would be as understanding about why I'd grab his head and drive
his face into the floor full force and leave him bleeding there to pay
my bar tab for his trouble.
Why would you do that? How'd you feel if a female who happened to be
trained in martial arts, beat the **** out of you because you offered to
buy her a drink?

1) he didn't offer to buy me a drink

2) if I'd have done to a woman what he did to me I'd deserve it

3) get counselling

I find it interesting that you think a victim of sexual assault who
defends them self against an unwanted attack should "get counseling".

shouldn't the sexual deviant be the one getting counseling?
Old October 7th, 2008, 06:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
le_voyageur_en_velo

In article ,
Hackamore wrote:

le_voyageur_en_velo wrote:
In article ,
Hackamore wrote:

I'm an attractive masculine heterosexual man and don't really appreciate
it when another man makes a pass at me... and I don't think the French
police would be as understanding about why I'd grab his head and drive
his face into the floor full force and leave him bleeding there to pay
my bar tab for his trouble.
Why would you do that? How'd you feel if a female who happened to be
trained in martial arts, beat the **** out of you because you offered to
buy her a drink?
1) he didn't offer to buy me a drink

2) if I'd have done to a woman what he did to me I'd deserve it

3) get counselling

I find it interesting that you think a victim of sexual assault who
defends them self against an unwanted attack should "get counseling".

shouldn't the sexual deviant be the one getting counseling?

Well you did say, 'make a pass'. I class that as relatively innocuous.
However, you also said, 'I don't think the French police would be as
understanding about why I'd grab his head and drive his face into the
floor full force'.

If you're the victim of a 'sexual assault', I can assure you that the
police would listen. It's just that I get the impression that what
happened is that he 'made a pass at you,' and the image of yourself that
you have, i.e. 'an attractive masculine heterosexual man' (which in
itself sounds so pathetically narcissistic as to be almost a caricature)
took a dent.

Having said that, we don't know the grisly details. What did he do,
touch your arse? It's never happened to me, but my reaction to such an
act would be slap his hand away and let him know that he's picked the
wrong guy. Responding with a violent assault, would be .. well, a bit
over the top.

As someone else posted (and this has been confirmed by my own -
admittedly anecdotal - observation over the years), men who react
violently to gay ouvertures, are generally very insecure about their own
(homo)sexuality.

--
le_voyageur_en_velo
Old October 7th, 2008, 07:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_68_]

Hackamore wrote:

le_voyageur_en_velo wrote:
In article ,
Hackamore wrote:

[...]

Yes, "Runge" *should*...of course that doesn't mean you *shouldn't* hit
him...

:-)

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Old October 7th, 2008, 09:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 07:09:31 +0200, le_voyageur_en_velo
wrote:

In article ,
Hackamore wrote:

le_voyageur_en_velo wrote:
In article ,
Hackamore wrote:

[...]

And, of course, most gays have pretty effective gaydar.

Having spent a lot of time in theater I've been among gays
innumerable times, and I've been sort of approached a few times,
but something in their gaydar must tell them I'm a lost cause. In
my younger days I used to get some humorous comments, though,
like the time I went to rehearsal on my motorcycle wearing my
helmet, jeans, levi jacket and western boots and eliciting a loud
"Muy macho!" from the back of the house as I entered the stage
area. It was the days of the popularity of the Village People.