A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travel Regions » USA & Canada
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Documents required for entry into Canada

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:09 PM
Ted Elston
external usenet poster
Posts: n/a
Default Documents required for entry into Canada


Long read:

U.S. Department of State
Publication 11046
Bureau of Consular Affairs
June 2003

Millions of U.S. citizens visit Canada each year. We hope this
brochure will help you avoid problems. If you should need assistance
as a result of an accident, illness, or the loss of your passport, our
Embassy in Ottawa and Consulates General in Halifax, Quebec City,
Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver are there to assist you.


The Department of State’s Consular Information Sheets are
available for every country of the world. They describe entry
requirements, currency regulations, unusual health conditions, the
crime and security situation, political disturbances, areas of
instability, and special information about driving and road
conditions. They also provide addresses and emergency telephone
numbers for U.S. embassies and consulates. In general, the sheets do
not give advice. Instead, they describe conditions so travelers can
make informed decisions about their trips.

In some dangerous situations, however, the Department of State
recommends that Americans defer travel to a country. In such a case, a
Travel Warning is issued for the country in addition to its Consular
Information Sheet.

Public Announcements are a means to disseminate information about
relatively short-term and/or trans-national conditions posing
significant risks to the security of American travelers. They are
issued when there is a perceived threat, even if it does not involve
Americans as a particular target group. In the past, Public
Announcements have been issued to deal with short-term coups,
pre-election disturbances, violence by terrorists and anniversary
dates of specific terrorist events.

You can access Consular Information Sheets, Travel Warnings and
Public Announcements 24-hours a day in several ways.


The most convenient source of information about travel and
consular services is the Consular Affairs home page. The web site
address is http://travel.state.gov. If you do not have access to the
Internet at home, work or school, your local library may provide
access to the Internet.


Consular Information Sheets and Travel Warnings may be heard any
time by dialing the office of American Citizens Services at
1-888-407-4747 from a touchtone phone, from overseas: 317-472-2328.

In Person/By Mail

Consular Information Sheets, Travel Warnings and Public
Announcements are available at any of the regional passport agencies
and U.S. embassies and consulates abroad, or, by writing and sending a
self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Office of American Citizens
Services, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Room 4811, U.S. Department of
State, Washington, D.C. 20520-4818.

Visas and Travel Documents


Visas are not required for U.S. citizens entering Canada from the
U.S. You will, however, need:

(1) proof of your U.S. citizenship such as your U.S. passport (For
information on obtaining a U.S. passport, check with one of the
regional passport agencies located throughout the U.S.) or certified
copy of your birth certificate issued by the city, county or state in
the U.S. where you were born. If you are a naturalized U.S. citizen
and do not have a passport, you should travel with your naturalization
certificate. A driver’s license or Social Security card is NOT valid
proof of citizenship.

(2) photo identification, such as a current, valid driver’s

All U.S. citizens entering Canada from a third country must have a
valid passport.

Alien permanent residents of the U.S. must present their Alien
Registration Card, commonly called a “Green Card.”

If you are a dual U.S./Canadian citizen you should always present
yourself as a Canadian citizen when entering Canada. However, U.S.
citizens should use their U.S. passports when entering or leaving the
United States.

Due to international concern over child abduction, single parents,
grandparents, or guardians traveling with children often need proof of
custody or notarized letters from the other parent authorizing travel.
(This is in addition to proof of citizenship as explained above.) Any
person under the age of 18 and traveling alone should carry a letter
from his/her parent or guardian authorizing the trip. Travelers
without such documentation may experience delays at the port of entry.

For further information, including information on student or
business travel, visitors can contact the Embassy of Canada at 501
Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 682-1740, see their
Internet home page at http://www.cic.gc.ca or contact the nearest
Canadian consulate. (A list of Canadian consulates is at the end of
this brochure.)

Information For Business Travelers

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) facilitates the
cross border movement of business persons who are citizens of member
countries to the NAFTA. The provisions of NAFTA do not replace
Canada’s provisions for temporary entry or for immigration. A U.S.
citizen can enter Canada under NAFTA provisions as a business visitor,
intra-company transferee, professional, or trader. Prior to seeking
entry into Canada under the NAFTA, it is advisable to call Canada’s
Trade Info Line at 1-613-944-4000. Their fax number is (613) 944-9500.
The Canadian government publication, Cross Border Movement of Business
Persons and the North American Free Trade Agreement, is available from
the Info Centre, Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
(DFAIT.) NAFTA information is on the DFAIT web site at

U.S. business people who are crossing into Canada for a meeting,
trade show, convention or exhibition may be eligible for special
treatment concerning the importation of advertising materials, office
materials and souvenirs. Revenue Canada and Canada Customs have
established criteria for duty-free and tax-free importing of certain
convention materials. Additional information is available through the
National Convention Services, Department of Revenue Canada at (613)
941-3123 or the Remissions Policy Unit at (613) 954-6883, or, the
DFAIT web site at http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/.

NAFTA allows business persons to engage in certain business
activities without an employment authorization - provided they
otherwise comply with existing immigration requirements applicable to
temporary entry. Examples are conducting market research, marketing
products, negotiating contracts, or taking orders.

General Qualifying Criteria for Business Visitors

You may qualify as a business visitor if you are a citizen of a
member country; you are seeking entry for business purposes; the
proposed business activity is international in scope; you have no
intention of entering the labor market; and your primary source of
remuneration is outside of the country in which you are seeking entry.
In addition, the principal place of business and the accrual of
profits must remain outside of the country you are seeking to enter.

U.S. Business Visitors Entering Canada

Business visitors seeking temporary entry into Canada must meet
the General Qualifying criteria listed above. A business visitor may
temporarily import certain goods duty-free. Goods that qualify are
professional equipment (tools of the trade), equipment for the press
or for radio or television broadcasters, cinematographic equipment,
goods for sports purposes, and goods for display.


General Qualifying Criteria

Professionals are exempt from the job-confirmation process
normally required of individuals looking to enter a foreign country’s
labor market. To qualify as a professional under the NAFTA you must be
a citizen of a member country. The occupation you are to be engaged in
must be listed in Appendix 1603.D.1 of the NAFTA; you must be
qualified to work in the occupation; and you must have pre-arranged
employment or a contracted agreement.

You will need to provide documentation indicating the professional
level activity to be carried out, your job title, a summary of your
job duties, the expected length of stay, and the arrangement for

U.S. professionals entering Canada may apply for a work permit at
any Canadian embassy, consulate, or port of entry. When applying at
the port of entry, no written application is required and
determination can be made at the time of application. The processing
fee for issuing employment authorization is C$150. After admittance
into Canada, a Social Insurance Number can be obtained from a local
Canada Employment Centre.

Intra Company Transferees

Intracompany transferees are business persons employed by an
enterprise who are seeking to render services to a branch, parent,
subsidiary, or affiliate of that enterprise, in a managerial or
executive capacity or in a manner that involves specialized knowledge.
The total period of stay for a person employed in an executive or
managerial capacity cannot exceed seven years. The total period of
stay for a person employed in a capacity that requires specialized
knowledge cannot exceed five years.

Traders and Investors

An Application for an Employment Work Permit (Form IMM1295) must
be completed at a Canadian embassy or consulate prior to seeking
entry. You will also be required to provide information on your
business by completing an Application for Trader/Investor Status.
There is a $150 processing fee (payable in Canadian currency) for
issuing the work permit. Upon arrival, traders and investors should
obtain a Social Insurance Number from a local Canada Employment

In the event that you take up permanent residence in Canada, you
should be advised that U.S. citizens residing abroad are required to
file taxes with the Internal Revenue Service. If you have any
questions on tax liability or the submission of tax forms, etc. you
may contact the IRS International Customer Service in Philadelphia at
215-516-2000 or web site at http://www.irs.gov.

Medical Advice


Make certain that your insurance policy covers you during your
time in Canada. Consider purchasing supplemental or other insurance if
your own policy does not provide this coverage. You may also wish to
check with your health insurance company to ensure that your policy
includes coverage for medical evacuations to the United States as well
as medical escort to the United States, hospitalization abroad,
premature birth abroad, and other coverage for a beneficiary who is
involved in an accident or illness outside the United States. Carry
details of your insurance plan with you, and, leave a copy with a
relative or friend at home.


For more information, please see our flyer, Medical Information
for Americans Traveling Abroad, at


U.S. citizen visitors are not required to have an AIDS test prior
to entering Canada.


If you are entering Canada with prescription drugs and syringes
used for medical reasons, be sure to keep the medication in its
original and labeled container to avoid problems. Syringes should be
accompanied by a medical certificate that shows they are for medical
use and should be declared to Canadian Customs officials. It may also
be wise to carry with you an extra prescription from your doctor in
the event your medication is lost or stolen and to attest to your need
to take such prescriptions.

Traveling by Car

U.S. citizens do not need to obtain an international driver’s
license to drive in Canada. Your valid U.S. license is good for trips
in Canada as long as you are a visitor and are actually resident in
the U.S. Should you wish information on provincial traffic laws,
please contact the Department of Transport, Motor Vehicle Division of
the particular province you wish to visit. You may also contact the
American Automobile Association (AAA), web site http://www.aaa.com, or
the Canadian Automobile Association (CAA), web site http://www.caa.ca,
if you are a member. AAA members are covered by the CAA while
traveling in Canada. Be sure to carry proof of your car insurance.


Register at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General

If you will be in Canada for three months or more, you may wish to
register at the U.S. Embassy or nearest U.S. Consulate General.

Consular Assistance

Please dial 1-900-451-2778 for information on how to reach each
U.S. consular section in Canada to report the death, injury, or arrest
of an American citizen. There is a fee of $2.00 Canadian per minute
for a live operator. Recordings specific to each Consulate General
provide guidance on how to reach a duty officer after hours as well.
The 900 line service also provides valuable information regarding U.S.
passport services in Canada, registration of births for U.S. citizens
born in Canada, claims to U.S. citizenship, notarial services, tax
information, voting procedures, Social Security, U.S. Customs, and
Travel Warnings. This service requires a touchtone phone. General
information on consular assistance is available on the Internet at

Wiring Money

In the event you encounter a financial emergency, your relatives
or friends can wire you money in Canada. Western Union Wire services
allow money to be picked up through local money mart centers, mail
boxes, and some grocery stores. Funds are paid in Canadian dollars. In
addition, many U.S. automated teller machine (ATM) cards, such as
those on the PLUS or CIRRUS system, can be used throughout Canada to
obtain Canadian funds on your U.S. bank account.



It is important to respect the laws of Canada while you are a
guest in their country.


Canada’s firearms laws make Canada safer for residents and
visitors. Contact one of the Canadian customs offices or a Canadian
chief firearms officer for information before you import a firearm.

The following requirements apply to the importation of firearms:

* You must be at least 18 years of age.
* You cannot import prohibited firearms, or any prohibited weapons
or devices, including silencers and replica firearms.
Visitors may temporarily import restricted firearms, such as
pistols or revolvers, provided they get an Authorization to Transport
(ATT) in advance from a chief firearms officer.

Seasonal residents may import restricted firearms, but must have a
Possession and Acquisition Licence or a valid Firearms Acquisition
Certificate, in addition to an ATT.

For more information on importing a firearm into Canada, get a
copy of the pamphlet Importing a Firearm or Weapon Into Canada from a
Canadian embassy, consulate, or mission. For more information about
applying for a Canadian firearms license or to get an ATT, contact the
Canadian Firearms Centre.

Canadian Firearms Centre
284 Wellington Street
Ottawa ON K1A 0H8

Telephone: 1-800-731-4000 in Canada and the U.S.

Fax: (613) 941-1991
Web: http://www.cfc.gc.ca


Penalties for possession, use, and dealing in illegal drugs are
strict in Canada. Convicted offenders can expect jail sentences and

Drunk Driving

Driving under the influence of alcohol is a serious offense.
Penalties are heavy, and any prior conviction (no matter how long ago
or how minor the infraction) is cause for exclusion from Canada. A
waiver of exclusion may be obtained from a Canadian consulate in the
United States, but several weeks are required. There is a processing
fee for the waiver.

Automobile Radar Detectors

Three provinces do not prohibit radar detectors. They are British
Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. All the rest (including the
territories) do prohibit radar detectors. The police will confiscate
radar detectors, whether in use or not, and may impose fines up to

Previous Convictions

Section 19 of Canada’s Immigration Act prohibits the admission of
people who pose a threat to public health, safety, order, and national
security. Prior to attempting a border crossing, American citizens who
have had a criminal conviction in the past must contact the nearest
Canadian embassy or consulate well in advance to determine their
admissibility as visitors into Canada. If found inadmissible, an
immigration officer will advise whether a waiver (Minister’s Permit)
is possible.


Many American citizens are currently incarcerated in Canadian
prisons. American citizens who are arrested in Canada will be informed
by the police of the right to contact the American Embassy or one of
the Consulates General. When notified, a consular officer will contact
the citizen by phone, and subsequently make a personal visit. Collect
calls will be accepted by the U.S. Embassy or Consulates General if
coming from a U.S. citizen for the initial notification of arrest.

U.S. consular officers can provide lists of lawyers from each
local area, but cannot recommend a particular lawyer and cannot act as
a legal representative on behalf of the arrestee. Arrestees are
responsible for their own legal fees. Under the Canadian Charter of
Rights and Freedoms and the Correctional Service of Canada’s mission,
foreign national offenders are afforded the same rights and privileges
as any Canadian offender including bail following arrest, and
conditional release where serving a sentence. However, where the
release of foreign national offenders is deemed to constitute an undue
risk of flight or a threat to the security of the Canadian community,
any such release may be difficult or precluded.

Under the Treaty on the Execution of Penal Sentences signed by the
U.S. and Canada in l977, and other transfer of offender agreements,
prisoners may request to be transferred to an American prison.

Customs Restrictions for U.S. Visitors to Canada

For current, comprehensive information on customs requirements for
Canada, you can visit the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency home page
http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/. Look for publication RC4161, Customs
Information for Visitors to Canada and Seasonal Residents.


As long as you meet the age requirements set by the province or
territory where you enter Canada, you can import, duty and tax free,
one of the following: up to 1.5 liters of wine, or 1.14 liters of
liquor, or 24 x 355 milliliter cans or bottles (8.6 liters) of beer or
ale. Except in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut, you can bring in
more than this free allowance of alcohol, as long as the quantities
are within the limit set by the province or territory. However, the
cost may be high, as you must pay both customs assessments and the
provincial or territorial levies and taxes. If you plan to import more
than the provincial limit, you must contact the provincial authority
and obtain permission before you arrive. In most provinces, the limit
is 9.1 liters (2 gallons). Some provinces do allow more.


If you meet the age requirements set by the province or territory
where you enter Canada, you can import, duty and tax free, 200
cigarettes, 50 cigars, 200 grams of manufactured tobacco and 200
tobacco sticks. You may bring in additional quantities, but you must
pay duties and taxes on the excess amount.

In order to qualify for duty and tax free entry, you must have
these items with you when you enter Canada.

Other Goods

Certain goods are restricted from entering Canada. If you are
considering importing fireworks, firearms, ammunition, meat or dairy
products, plant and plant products, animals, fresh fruit and
vegetables and certain food and drug products, please contact Canada
Customs beforehand for guidance at:

Admissibility Programs
Trade Policy and Interpretation Directorate
Canada Customs and Revenue Agency
Ottawa ON K1A 0L5

Fax: 613-946-1520

Obscene materials, hate propaganda, most weapons and firearms, and
goods harmful to the environment are prohibited from entering Canada.


Dogs and cats from the U.S. that are at least three months old
need signed and dated certificates from a veterinarian verifying that
they have been vaccinated against rabies within the last three years.
The certificate must clearly identify the animal. If your dogs or cats
are less than three months old, you do not need a certificate of
rabies vaccination signed by a veterinarian to enter Canada. However,
the animals must be in good health when they arrive. You can also see
information on the Worldwide Web at http://www.cfia-acia.agr.ca/.

Endangered Species

Canada has signed an international agreement, the Convention on
International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora
(CITES), to protect wild animals and plants and their parts or
derivatives from over-exploitation in international trade. CITES
operates through an import/export permit. However, goods that are
controlled under CITES (except for live animals), which are part of a
visitor or a seasonal resident’s clothing or accessories, or are
contained in their personal baggage, and that they have owned and
possessed in their ordinary country of residence, may be exempted from
a CITES permit.

An individual must not sell or dispose of the CITES-controlled
item within 90 days after the date on which the exemption is claimed.

For more information, contact:

CITES Office
Canadian Wildlife Service
Environment Canada
Ottawa ON K1A 0H3

Telephone: (819) 997-1840
Fax: (819) 953-6283

Prescription Drugs

If you are importing prescription drugs, make sure they are
clearly identified. The drugs should be in the original packaging,
with a label that specifies what they are and that they are being used
under prescription. If this is not possible, carry a copy of the
prescription or a letter from your doctor.

Tax Rebates for Visitors

When you leave Canada, you may be eligible for a tax refund on the
goods that you bought in Canada if you take them out of the country
within 60 days. For further information, get a copy of the pamphlet
called Tax Refund for Visitors to Canada from the Canada Customs and
Revenue Agency web site at
or call 1-800-66VISIT (1-800-668-4748).


You can import gifts for relatives and friends in Canada duty free
and tax free, as long as each gift is valued at CAN$60 or less. If the
gift is worth more than CAN$60, you will have to pay duties and taxes
on the excess amount. You cannot claim alcoholic beverages, tobacco
products or advertising matter as gifts.

Where to Find Consular Assistance While in Canada

The State Department maintains a number of diplomatic offices in
Canada. The U.S. Embassy is located in Ottawa, and there are U.S.
Consulates General in Calgary, Halifax, Montreal, Quebec City,
Vancouver, and Toronto. At each of these offices, there are U.S.
consular officers available to help you with problems.

These offices, in cooperation with the Office of Overseas Citizens
Services at the State Department in Washington, D.C., provide a range
of services to resolve problems during your visit to Canada. The
services include:

* support and assistance in the event you are a victim of crime,
become ill, are arrested, die abroad, or are involved in a disaster;
* communications with friends and relatives in the event of an
emergency, and help with arrangements for emergency fund transfers;
* notarizing documents;
* U.S. passports and Reports of Birth of U.S. citizens born


Street Address
Embassy of the United States
Consular Section
490 Sussex Drive
Ottowa, Ontario
K1N 1G8

Mailing Address
Consular Section
American Embassy
PO Box 866, Station B
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 5T1

Telephone: (613) 688-5335
Web site at http://www.usembassycanada.gov

Consular district includes Baffin Island, the following counties
in eastern Ontario: Lanark, Leeds, Prescott, Renfrew, Russell and
Stormont, and the following counties in western Quebec: Gatineau,
Hull, Labelle, Papineau, Pontiac and Tamiscamingue.


U.S. Consulate General
615 Macleod Trail, SE
Calgary, Alberta
T2G 4T8
Telephone: (403) 266-8 962

Consular district includes Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and the
Districts of MacKenzie and Keewatin in the Northwest Territories.


U.S. Consulate General
Suite 904, Purdy’s Wharf Tower II
1969 Upper Water Street
Halifax, NS
B3J 3R7
Telephone: (902) 429-2480

Consular district includes New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova
Scotia, and Prince Edward Island.


Street Address
U.S. Consulate General
1155 St. Alexander Street
Montreal, Quebec, H3B 1Z1

Mailing Address
U.S. Consulate General
P.O. Box 65, Station Desjardins
Montreal, QC H5B 1G1

Telephone: (514) 398-9695

Consular district includes southwestern Quebec with the exception
of the six counties served by the U.S. Embassy at Ottawa.


U.S. Consulate
2 Place Terrasse Dufferin,
Quebec, Que., G1R 4T9
Telephone: (418) 692-2095

Consular district includes the territory of Nunavut and the
regions of Abitibi-West, Abitibi-East, St. Maurice, Trois-Rivieres,
Nicolet, Wolfe, Frontenac and all other regions to the north or east
within the province.


U.S. Consulate General
360 University Avenue
Toronto, Ont., M5G 1S4
Telephone: (416)-595-1700

Consular district includes the entire Province of Ontario except
those areas east of Kingston, which are included in the Ottawa
consular district.


U.S. Consulate General
1075 West Pender Street,
Vancouver, BC, V6E 4E9
Telephone: (604) 685-4311

Consular district includes British Columbia and the Yukon.



To re-enter the United States, returning U.S. citizens need to
show the Department of Homeland Security officer proof of identity,
such as a driver’s license, and proof of citizenship, such as a
passport, birth certificate, or Certificate of Naturalization. A U.S.
passport is proof of both citizenship and identity. Persons who are
dual nationals should enter the U.S. using U.S. documents only, as
they could be fined under U.S. law for entering the U.S. on a foreign
passport. U.S. citizens returning to the U.S. via air or bus who lack
proof of citizenship should contact the U.S. Embassy or nearest U.S.
consulate for assistance.

U.S. Customs

Articles acquired abroad and brought back with you into the United
States are subject to duty and internal revenue tax. As a returning
U.S. resident, you are allowed to bring back $400 worth of merchandise
duty free. However, you must have been outside the U.S. for at least
48 hours, and you must not have used this exemption within the
preceding 30-day period. The next $1,000 worth of items you bring back
with you for personal use or gifts are dutiable at a flat 10 percent
rate. Any dollar amount of an article or articles over $1000 is
subject to variable duties.

There is no limit on the total amount of money that may be brought
into or taken out of the United States, nor is it illegal to do so.
However, if you transport or cause to be transported (including by
mail or other means) more than $10,000 in monetary instruments on any
occasion into or out of the United States, or if you receive more than
that amount, you must file a report (Customs form 4790) with U.S.
Customs. Failure to comply can result in civil and criminal penalties,
including seizure of the currency or monetary instruments. Monetary
instruments include U.S. or foreign coin, currency, traveler’s checks,
money orders, and negotiable instruments or investment securities in
bearer form.

Visit the U.S. Customs web site at http://www.customs.gov for more

Importation of Food, Plant, and Animal Products Into the U.S.

Citrus products of any origin are prohibited. Most other products
produced or grown in Canada are allowed. This includes vegetables,
fruits other than black currants; and meat and dressed poultry, if
accompanied by proof of origin or labeled as a product of Canada.


Canadian Embassy
501 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20001
Telephone: (202) 682-1740
Web site http://www.canadianembassy.org

Canadian Consulate General
300 S. Grand Avenue, 10th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Telephone: (213) 346-2700

Canadian Consulate
First Union Financial Centre
200 Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 1600
Miami, FL 33131
Telephone: (305) 579-1600

Canadian Consulate General
South Tower
1 CNN Center, Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30303-2705
Telephone: (404) 577-6810

Canadian Consulate General
2 Prudential Plaza
180 N. Stetson Aveue, Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60601
Telephone: (312) 616-1860

Canadian Consulate General
3 Copley Place, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
Telephone: (617) 262-3760

Canadian Consulate General
600 Renaissance Center, Suite 1100
Detroit, MI 48243-1798
Telephone: (313) 567-2340

Canadian Consulate General
701 4th Avenue, S., 9th Floor
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1899
Telephone: (612) 333-4641

Canadian Consulate General
3000 Marine Midland Center, 30th Floor
Buffalo, NY 14203-2884
Telephone: (716) 858-9500

Canadian Consulate General
1251 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
Telephone: (212) 596-1600

Consulate of Canada
107 Cereipo Street
Alturas de Santa Maria
Guaynabo, PR
Telephone: (809) 790-2210

Canadian Consulate General
750 N. Saint Paul Street, Suite 1700
Dallas, TX 75201
Telephone: (214) 922-9806

Canadian Consulate General
412 Plaza 600
6th & Stewart Streets
Seattle, WA 98101-1286
Telephone: (206) 443-1777

Consular Affairs publishes the following pamphlets:

General Travel Information

A Safe Trip Abroad
- contains helpful precautions one can take to minimize the chance
of becoming a victim of terrorism or crime.

Tips for Americans Residing Abroad
- offers information for U.S. citizens living abroad on dual
citizenship, tax regulations, voting, and other consular services.

Travel Tips for Older Americans
- contains special health, safety and travel information for older

Travel Tips for Students
- contains safety and travel information for Americans student.

Tips for Women Traveling Alone
- offers safety and travel information that is especially useful
for women who are traveling alone.

Your Trip Abroad
- offers tips on obtaining a passport, considerations in preparing
for your trip and traveling, and other sources of information.

Country Specific Information

The following travel tips brochures contain information on
currency regulations, customs, and dual nationality for specific areas
of the world:

Tips for Travelers to Canada
Tips for Travelers to the Caribbean
Tips for Travelers to Central & South America
Tips for Travelers to Mexico
Tips for Travelers to the Middle East & North Africa
Tips for Travelers to the People's Republic of China
Tips for Travelers to Russia
Tips for Travelers to South Asia
Tips for Travelers to Sub-Saharan Africa
Tips for Travelers for Business Travelers to Nigeria

They can be purchased from the *U.S. Government Printing Office
(GPO). Copies of Consular Affairs’ publications are available for $1 -
$2 each from the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing
Office, Washington, DC 20402, Tel: 202/512-1800, fax: 202/512-2250.
Internet: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/index.html.

*Prices and availability are subject to change without notice.
Please check with the GPO for up-to-date information.

Copies of the following publications are available for $1 each
from the Federal Consumer Information Center, Pueblo, CO 81009.
Internet: http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov

Advance Fee Business Fraud
- contains useful information for persons engaging in business

Passports: Applying for Them the Easy Way
- provides information on how, were and the best time to apply for
a U.S. passport.

Travel Smart/Travel Safe
- contains general safety tips and travel information.

Consular Affairs’ publications can be obtained from our web site
at http://travel.state.gov

Travel Publications


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Air Adfunk Internet Solutions Article Jehad Internet Air travel 0 February 7th, 2004 04:16 AM
Mulroney part of Air Canada bid Fly Guy Air travel 0 November 29th, 2003 04:32 AM
CANADA Resident Cards Required for Re-Entry None Air travel 4 November 8th, 2003 09:37 PM
Canada question Daltrey USA & Canada 68 September 30th, 2003 03:39 AM
Visiting Canada Shashay Doofray USA & Canada 2 September 15th, 2003 01:11 AM

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2022 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.