SHOCKING: Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying (BBC Radio)

Old February 8th, 2004, 07:31 PM

Default SHOCKING: Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying (BBC Radio)

In rec.food.cooking Nik wrote:

Honestly I never understood why Regan was so incredible popular in the US.
He left the Federal economy in such a bad shape that it took the present
president to do worse. And still people from the US I have met get tears
running out their eyes when his name is mentioned. Beyond my comprehension!

I agree, and I live in the states. Still, if you're referring to the president
who preceded George H. W. Bush, his name is "Reagan."

Old February 8th, 2004, 07:33 PM

In rec.food.cooking Tarver Engineering wrote:

"nobody" wrote in message
Stark Raven wrote:
Sorry but it's the American people that history will look unkindly on.
We were terrible, petulant followers during Carter's Presidency,
unworthy of being led anywhere other than death valley.

You forgot that Carter got Egypt and Israel to sign a real, long lasting

peace
agreement that has lasted to this day. That is quite an achievement
considering that none of the other presidents were able to get anything

real done.

It has only cost American taxpayers $5 billion a year since 1979.

Do you have any cites for that claim?

Old February 8th, 2004, 07:37 PM

In rec.food.cooking Oelewapper wrote:

So how is it that Carter was such a failure, and that W. Bush is such a
success in the strive for a more human/humane/humanistic and peaceful world
and in America's strive for "world peace", solidarity, 'compassion', freedom
and prosperity ???

Not enough time has passed for history to judge GWB's reign, but I suspect history
will look very poorly on Bush's presidency.

As far as I can see, GWB is nothing else than the wrong answer for the wrong
questions.
At least Jimmy Carter got the questions right.

Exactly. And just look at the elder Bush. While Carter is spending his life in
service to other people, the elder Bush is jumping out of airplanes. Who's the
better man?

Old February 11th, 2004, 05:34 AM
Tarver Engineering

"nobody" wrote in message
Stark Raven wrote:
Sorry but it's the American people that history will look unkindly

on.
We were terrible, petulant followers during Carter's Presidency,
unworthy of being led anywhere other than death valley.

You forgot that Carter got Egypt and Israel to sign a real, long

lasting
peace
agreement that has lasted to this day. That is quite an achievement
considering that none of the other presidents were able to get anything

real done.

It has only cost American taxpayers $5 billion a year since 1979.

Do you have any cites for that claim?

See the Camp David Accords.