Meeting Royalty in Europe

Old November 4th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Marie Lewis

Default Meeting Royalty in Europe

In article , Robert
writes
Marie Lewis wrote in message
In article , Robert
writes
My princess friend was brought up in at least three different
countries in an international atmosphere. She used the word "coz" and
she also used the "sucks" one time. You wouldn't be able to identify
her by her writing.

You said you weren't going to post anymore. You lied!

Well actually someone told me not to leave so I accepted the invitation.

Who was that idiot?
--
Marie Lewis
Old November 4th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Mxsmanic

Robert writes:

I think it also has to do with who she's writing to. When she writes
to a friend it's casual (even immature). When she writes a letter to
her county it's formal.

Perhaps so, although it's difficult to imagine any official
correspondence from a royal being sent via e-mail. Royalty is mired in
tradition, and any country advanced enough to have its royalty using
e-mail might well question why the royalty still exists to begin with.

Of course, in countries where royalty has no official status, royals may
do as they please ... but in that case, they have no official
correspondence to worry about.

This is very true. I don't know how you know this but it's true.

It's a small world.

Old November 4th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Mxsmanic

Emilia writes:

Apparently Philip's security guards went to classes with him.

Why? Nobody in the U.S. would even recognize him.

Sometimes security guards aren't there to protect; they are there to
advertise.

Old November 4th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Mxsmanic

Robert writes:

I wore one and the women loved it.

In San Francisco, that probably just means that they enjoyed seeing a
man who wears clothing different from their own.

Old November 4th, 2003, 11:13 PM
Emilia

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Emilia writes:

Apparently Philip's security guards went to classes with him.

Why? Nobody in the U.S. would even recognize him.

You'd be surprised. He's very recognizable...

Who knows. I didn't ask... I only asked if the security guards would also
get a degree....

(I should take this moment to correct my statement: He is Felipe not
Philip)

Sometimes security guards aren't there to protect; they are there to
advertise.

He's is the crown prince of spain after all. I would imagine if the US
President's childrn need security so would the crown prince of spain, no?

Old November 5th, 2003, 12:03 AM
Deep Freud Moors

Mxsmanic wrote in message
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) writes:

Yeah, do you? (Out of curiosity, how can one "defame" an anonymous
troll that may or may not be posting under its own name?)

Someone with an established posting history is not truly anonymous, and
defamatory remarks may damage the reputation of that entity, with
tangible effects that might justify an action in tort or beyond.

I fail to believe there is any legal recourse whatsoever for someone being
defamed on usenet. I am not aware of any such case that exists, and the
legal precedent that it would set would be far too impractical to apply, due
to the international, virtually anonymous nature of usenet. Proving that a
specific person wrote those messages in itself would be extremely difficult,
let alone proving that the defamation was intentional.
---
DFM

Old November 5th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Miguel Cruz

Robert wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote :
Miguel Cruz writes:
In 90% of San Francisco you'll look like a martian if you're wearing a suit,
and be treated accordingly.

That would violate the Prime Directive in my case.

That's not true. There's a lot of suits and ties arounf SF. I wore one
and the women loved it. I do agree it's a very counter culture society
though.

If you think there are lots of suits and ties in SF then you either didn't
get out of the lobby of the Sheraton, or you've never been anywhere else.

Every time I fly from DC (where I live now, but not for long) to San
Francisco (where I lived for years) I am once again struck by how hard it is
there to find someone wearing a suit, and how hard it is here to find
someone not wearing one.

And then I ask myself what the hell I am doing here!

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/
Old November 5th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Miguel Cruz

Emilia wrote:
He's is the crown prince of spain after all. I would imagine if the US
President's childrn need security so would the crown prince of spain, no?

The US President's children need security so there's someone around to come
up with bail money every time they get arrested.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/