Cruises:Then and now

Old March 25th, 2009, 01:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

Default Cruises:Then and now

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:32:44 -0400, "Tom K"
wrote:

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
You can get places to sit,but almost all of them are on the top
decks,and in the sun,and some people cannot tolerate strong sun,but
still enjoy cruising,and would like a place to sit in the shade.also you
can sit by the pools,but can't always get a place because people go very
early and stake out their lounges for the full day,and god help you
ifyou try to ask them to either sit there or remove their belongings.
some take a lounge and then never come back all day.

Annie, can you give me an example of a ship that you think doesn't have
chairs on the promenade deck below the lifeboats? I've been on over 40
cruises and every ship I've been on has had deck chairs on the promenade
deck, if I recall correctly.

I don't recall the Norwegian Sun having chairs below the lifeboats, at
least not in large enough numbers to notice.

The Infinity had an enclosed area in front of the pool with chairs,
lots of windows, and no piped-in music - it was very pleasant.

Old March 25th, 2009, 01:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Surfer
E2468 wrote:

crown princess they only had a few little alcoves where you
could sit,and most times you did not have a chance in h--- of getting a
place to sit.

Here is a picture I took on the promenade deck on the Crown Princess.

http://gallery.me.com/rail#100114

--
Charles
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , Surfer
E2468 wrote:

crown princess they only had a few little alcoves where you
could sit,and most times you did not have a chance in h--- of getting a
place to sit.

Here is a picture I took on the promenade deck on the Crown Princess.

http://gallery.me.com/rail#100114

I wonder if Annie is talking about the new Crown Princess or the old one?

Annie, which Crown Princess were you on or about what year was it?

sue
Old March 25th, 2009, 06:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

Susette posted: "
I remember when the woman were served
first! LOL!
---

They still are on Oceania. They also take the women's menu orders
first.

~~DORIS~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Island Princess 4/2/2009

Pacific Princess 9/2/2009

HAL Westerdam 12/6/2009

Oceania Regatta 3/8/2010

Oceania Regatta 3/21/2010

http://community.webtv.net/DorisIs/AROUNDTHEHORN

Old March 26th, 2009, 01:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

CHARLES:
Sorry,i stand corrected,it was not the crown princess,it was the golden
princess that had the little alcoves.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 26th, 2009, 01:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

SUE :
Sorry,i meant the GOLDEN PRINCESS

cruise lover(~~~~~)