"Surviving the Cruise" - cruise documentary needs interviewees

Old March 29th, 2006, 07:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default "Surviving the Cruise" - cruise documentary needs interviewees

Hello all,

A major cable network is commissioning an hour-long documentary special
entitled Surviving the Cruise, in light of the increasing number of
illnesses, fires and crimes aboard cruise ships. The show is less an
"investigative" piece and more a guide/overview on potential dangers
and how to avoid them. In the end, the message we would like to get
across to our viewers is that cruise ships are a great vacation option
IF you are well-informed and prepared. This is not an expose and we do
not want to vilify the cruise ships.

We are looking for interviewees that would be willing to discuss their
incidents on camera. I understand that many of you are dealing with
either illness, loss, or lawsuits and this subject may be very painful.
But please rest assured that we will do our best to avoid any
upsetting questions and will simply ask you to go over the facts of
what happened.

We are interested in the following types of stories:

--CRIME VICTIMS (disappearances, murder, rape, theft): ***We understand
that many of you are in and out of court dealing with very painful and
emotional issues. This is by far the most sensitive topic we are
covering, both emotionally and legally. Please consult your lawyer
before granting an interview (or have him or her contact me directly to
discuss).***
--ILLNESS VICTIMS (food poisoning, viruses, air pollution, lung damage,
etc)
--FIRE VICTIMS OR WITNESSES (loss of personal belongings,
inhalation/lung damage, burn victims)
--PIRACY VICTIMS OR WITNESSES (loss of personal belongings, attack
victims, emotional distress)

If you are a victim or witness who meets any of the above criteria (or
similar criteria), or if you have leads or know someone who does,
please write to me as soon as possible. We are looking to schedule
these interviews rather quickly (perhaps within a week's time), so if
you are interested please let me know a) your location and b) your
availability over the next week. I will say that we are leaning
heavily towards conducting interviews in the Southern California,
Connecticut, Seattle, Washington DC/Maryland/Virginia/Baltimore, and
Miami areas, but will consider travelling for a particularly compelling
story.

Thank you and I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavors.

Best Wishes,

Stephanie Sapienza
Associate Producer
Surviving the Cruise

Old March 30th, 2006, 05:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake "Stephanie Sapienza" :

Hello all,

A major cable network is commissioning an hour-long documentary special
entitled Surviving the Cruise, in light of the increasing number of
illnesses, fires and crimes aboard cruise ships. The show is less an
"investigative" piece and more a guide/overview on potential dangers
and how to avoid them. In the end, the message we would like to get
across to our viewers is that cruise ships are a great vacation option
IF you are well-informed and prepared. This is not an expose and we do
not want to vilify the cruise ships.

My ass it isn't. Why don't you look for the millions who haven't had
any problems? Why not interview the crime victims in Austin? More of
them than on the cruise lines last year. Or interview the folks at
the local nursing home that just had 23 cases of Norwalk among a
population of 327.

Oh yeah, I'll also be sending a personal email with the same message.
--
dillon

I didn't climb to the top of the
food chain to become a vegetartian.