Costa Cruise Line

Old November 18th, 2006, 03:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Pearl Grossman

Default Costa Cruise Line

Hi....I enjoy reading the interesting comments about the different
cruise lines this group discusses.

I've cruised mostly on RC and Carnival, but am considering taking a
cruise on the Costa line. I never read anything from this group
regarding the Costa cruise line.

Any comments about it?

Thanks.

Old November 18th, 2006, 05:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RichC

"Pearl Grossman" wrote in message
Hi....I enjoy reading the interesting comments about the different
cruise lines this group discusses.

I've cruised mostly on RC and Carnival, but am considering taking a
cruise on the Costa line. I never read anything from this group
regarding the Costa cruise line.

Any comments about it?

Thanks.

I've only had one cruise with Costa in the Mediterranean Sea & it was
terrible. I suppose the Caribbean cruises couldn't be anyway as bad. If your
a smoker, Costa has the most lenient smoking policy plus they make
announcements in at least 5 different languages- very annoying. We couldn't
wait to get off the ship.

Old November 18th, 2006, 07:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosaly Z. Greenberger

RichC wrote:
Thanks.

I've only had one cruise with Costa in the Mediterranean Sea & it was
terrible. I suppose the Caribbean cruises couldn't be anyway as bad. If your
a smoker, Costa has the most lenient smoking policy plus they make
announcements in at least 5 different languages- very annoying. We couldn't
wait to get off the ship.

I cruised on the Costa Atlantica about 3 years ago to the Carib. and must
say that in my 34 cruises, it was the worst. The ship was beautiful but
the food was absolutely abominable and inedible.And the Cruise Director
was a pompous guy who ruined the entertainment.
I would never cruise with them again. rosaly
Old November 18th, 2006, 10:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Sailed once with COSTA,and we enjoyed the cruise as we always do,but we
did not like the announcments in 5 different languages,and when playing
bingo ,it was only in italian,and they did not give a hoot for
americans. And due to their policy of children
cruising free,the ship was loaded with small fry,and all the cabins were
very small,and the ENTIRE ship very smokey. The cruise would have to be
very,very reasonable for us to sail costa again.
surfer e2468

cruise lover

Old November 18th, 2006, 11:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
cruisestitch

If you look in the archives you will see my reivew of
Costa Fortuna -- Mediterranean -- Christmas. Worst
cruise I ever took. Food was putrid. Can't recommend.

Old November 19th, 2006, 12:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Pearl Grossman" wrote in message
Hi....I enjoy reading the interesting comments about the different
cruise lines this group discusses.

I've cruised mostly on RC and Carnival, but am considering taking a
cruise on the Costa line. I never read anything from this group
regarding the Costa cruise line.

Any comments about it?

Thanks.

The comments so far are pretty unanimous.

--Tom

Old November 19th, 2006, 09:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
mnecpal

Dear Pearl,

By now you have heard a lot of comments from other cruisers, most of
them having nothing positive to say about Costa Cruises. What a bunch
of whiners and sissies.

Well, here is one cruiser who had an excellent cruise last year on
Costa Atlantica, sailing Western Caribbean itinerary.

We had great time in all respects - beautiful ship, excellent food
throughout and excellent entertainment. All in all, one of the best
cruises we've been on.

Martin

Old November 19th, 2006, 09:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Pearl Grossman

Thank you Martin. I'm a little apprehensive to go on a cruise line that
you don't hear much about. My favorite cruise line is Royal Caribbean,
but I favored the ports that the Costa line offered.

Old November 20th, 2006, 01:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Lingoss

Considerate che il prezzo delle navi Costa è il piu' basso che si possa
trovare!
Pensateci!