Qantas Web Fare Specials to Australia & NZ from US.

Old October 21st, 2003, 01:28 AM
Dave Proctor

Default Qantas Web Fare Specials to Australia & NZ from US.

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:55:52 +0100, "Jason"
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:48:12 -0500, pinkbikin wrote:

"Please note, per the newsgroup's Charter/FAQ, commerical advertising
including adding a url to a website, is unacceptable.

But it's OK for you, a travel agent, to post an advert for Qantas
containing their website address is it? How is that not commercial?

I stand by the email I sent you as your site does contain advertising.

So do many people's personal sites. If it was a commercial site, it would
be a particularly poor business. So far income is zero, and outgoings
aren't. Do you complain to people who include their company name in their
signature too?

And you are the only person who has ever complained on this newsgroup or
any other. So I will continue to join in the discussions on here. Having
been backpacking around Oz 5 times now, I've got plenty of practical
experience.

Go for it - ignore the snotty cow.

Dave
Old October 21st, 2003, 02:21 AM

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:55:52 +0100, "Jason"
wrote:
[msge snipped]

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:48:12 -0500, pinkbikin wrote:

"Please note, per the newsgroup's Charter/FAQ, commerical advertising
including adding a url to a website, is unacceptable.

But it's OK for you, a travel agent, to post an advert for Qantas
containing their website address is it? How is that not commercial?

Your proof that I am a travel agent is?

Cath

Old October 21st, 2003, 03:22 AM
Freda

Then perhaps you are NOT the right person for the job????????????????
Try and be a little less pedantic and be lighter in your assessing.
Freda
--
Please reply to the list as my email address is a fake
wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:27:06 +1000, Dave Proctor
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:48:12 -0500, wrote:

Firstly it was not a snotty email.
This is the email I sent:

"Please note, per the newsgroup's Charter/FAQ, commerical advertising
including adding a url to a website, is unacceptable.

The Charter/FAQ is posted on either the first or second of each month.

Cath
Keeper, Charter/FAQ, rec.travel.australia+nz
email:
"

I stand by the email I sent you as your site does contain
advertising.

Sounds pretty snotty to me.

Dave

LOL Dave.
If you deem that as being snotty, then you don't know me!

Cath

Old October 21st, 2003, 08:27 PM

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:36:24 +0100, "Suz"
wrote:
[msge snipped]
And thankyou very much for doing so. I have just subscribed to this
newsgroup today in the hope of planning a trip for Ireland/Uk to Cairns next
spring and this is exactly the sort of info I need.

Thanks
Suzanne

Suzanne,
I posted a note to the immigration newsgroup asking for websites for
UK/Ireland fares.
This list is courtesy of "bondipom" - I will add more as they come.

Cath

www.expedia.co.uk

www.ebookers.com

www.flightcentre.co.uk

www.deckchair.co.uk

www.travelbag.co.uk

www.trailfinders.co.uk

www.lastminute.com

www.ba.com

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...fier-region-uk

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/...on=onHeaderMe-
nuClick&hidTopicArea=uk[/url]

http://uk.malaysiaairlines.com/

Old October 21st, 2003, 08:44 PM

wrote:

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:48:12 -0500, pinkbikin wrote:

"Please note, per the newsgroup's Charter/FAQ, commerical advertising
including adding a url to a website, is unacceptable.

But it's OK for you, a travel agent, to post an advert for Qantas
containing their website address is it? How is that not commercial?

I stand by the email I sent you as your site does contain advertising.

So do many people's personal sites. If it was a commercial site, it would
be a particularly poor business. So far income is zero, and outgoings
aren't. Do you complain to people who include their company name in their
signature too?

Fact: your website does contain self advertising ie:
for your own softwear development company.
Quotes from your website:
"All the photographs were taken by Jason Poynting and it's obvious why
he's a professional programmer and not a photographer."
"In this time our clients have included EDS, Deloitte & Touche and
British Telecom."
"This means that you only pay to upload your images once, giving big
savings on costly mobile phone data calls."
"A commercial posting account costs £35."

Of course they are not on your front page but one does not have to dig
deep to spot them.

Plus there is a little box with Value Click which if readers are not
aware of [result of spyware check]:
VENDOR: TRACKING COOKIE
OBJECT TYPE: FILE
SIZE 275 BYTES
LOCATION: C:\DOCUMENTSAND

SOURCE OF THIS COOKIE IS KNOWN TO COLLECT INFORMATION USED FOR
TARGETED ADVERTISING

Would you perhaps like to explain why you need this on your site?

And you are the only person who has ever complained on this newsgroup or
any other. So I will continue to join in the discussions on here. Having
been backpacking around Oz 5 times now, I've got plenty of practical
experience.

That you know of.

Do you still have a copy of the snotty email you sent me?

Jason

Cath
Old October 22nd, 2003, 12:39 AM
Suz

Suzanne,
I posted a note to the immigration newsgroup asking for websites for
UK/Ireland fares.
This list is courtesy of "bondipom" - I will add more as they come.

Cath

www.expedia.co.uk

www.ebookers.com

www.flightcentre.co.uk

www.deckchair.co.uk

www.travelbag.co.uk

www.trailfinders.co.uk

www.lastminute.com

www.ba.com

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...fier-region-uk

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/...on=onHeaderMe-
nuClick&hidTopicArea=uk[/url]

http://uk.malaysiaairlines.com/

thanks
I have tried all of these except 2 - www.deckchair.co.uk and
www.travelbag.co.uk. Off 2 try them now/
So far the cheapest seems to be www.koreanair.com
--
Suzanne

"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would
make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven
symphony as a variation of wave pressure." A. Eins

Old October 22nd, 2003, 02:42 AM

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:39:36 +0100, "Suz"
wrote:
[msge snipped]

thanks
I have tried all of these except 2 - www.deckchair.co.uk and
www.travelbag.co.uk. Off 2 try them now/
So far the cheapest seems to be www.koreanair.com

Ta for the info.

You have a little while to go yet.
Suggest you request bulkhead seats as this will give you all a little
more room.

My step-daughter used to be a dedicated Air NZ flier from Heathrow to
NZ however due to flying back 3 or 4 times a year and needing to save
money, she is now flying with whoever.
I will email her and ask who she uses/what airlines she has flown with
etc.

My sister-in-law recently flew Singapore Airlines from Heathrow to
Singapore then Qantas to Australia and onto NZ. I believe the
Singapore flight was a QF code share. She paid a few dollars more
to fly with Singapore over some other airlines [my daughter also does
this to fly Virgin Atlantic to Heathrow from the States!].

Hopefully some peeps reading this will be able to comment on Korean
Air, their service etc.

I must have a look at those sites so I can get an idea of who flies
where/what routes etc as I know there has been some changes in who is
flying/who is code-sharing etc.

Cath

Old October 22nd, 2003, 04:11 AM
Dave Proctor

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:52:08 +0930, "Freda"
wrote:

Then perhaps you are NOT the right person for the job????????????????

I have been reading this group for about two years now - rarely
contribute, but have been reading for that long - and have NEVER
thought that Cath was the appropriate person.

Try and be a little less pedantic and be lighter in your assessing.

Anyway, this is not a moderated group. Sure, she can forward
complaints to ISP's, but considering the level of disagreement that
this thread has generated, it is clear there is no consensus as to
where the line should be drawn, and any such complaints will be
dismissed.

Dave