Stomach Illness hits 300+ on Mercury

Old February 24th, 2010, 05:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Barbara Brown

Default Stomach Illness hits 300+ on Mercury

I just read in AARP magazine about a couple who were told at check-in
that the previous cruise came down with the novo virus and that they
would be doing a lot of cleaning during this cruise. They gave them the
option of canceling.

I told me husband about that and we should think about what we'd do in
that situation. They didn't cancel because they had flow into San Diego
for the cruise.

We're flying to Amsterdam to catch our flight. But if I was told that, I
would cancel and spend the time touring around Europe. I'm sure we could
find lots to do.

Barbara
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Sometimes wonder if it is the low quality of food,and the way it is
prepared that causes the virus that hits cruise ships,and a lot of
people eat their meat rare or next to raw,a big misake.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 6th, 2010, 04:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake JRachels :

Warren wrote:
On Feb 22, 11:08 pm, JRachels wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6233413.shtml

I bet Oceania isn't happy that a pic of one of their ships is being
used with the article!

Warren

I noticed that too. Oh well. Just wish people would remember to wash
their hands and not touch the food on the buffet with their hands.
That's what the tongs are for.

In over 30 cruises, I've never had a bout with the Noro Virus. I don't
think any of my 'smart' cruise friends have either. Amateurs drive me
crazy. ;-)

I've only been hit by noro on shore. Last time was from a Luby's (I
don't get it at home, something about even washing my hands with
Chlorox). I don't see what my in-laws see in that place, and now I
don't see in that place at all.

The day care down the street was hit for the third time in six months.
The assisted living center that Ruby and I visit was hit, again, two
weeks ago. I don't know of more than six people who have been hit on
a cruise ship.

JR

--

- dillon I am not invalid

You know, I can't think of nothing finer than a fine
naked woman holding a gun. And you got all kinds of
fine going on.

Frankie Figs
Old March 6th, 2010, 07:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Dillon Pyron wrote:
I've only been hit by noro on shore. Last time was from a Luby's (I
don't get it at home, something about even washing my hands with
Chlorox). I don't see what my in-laws see in that place, and now I
don't see in that place at all.

The day care down the street was hit for the third time in six months.
The assisted living center that Ruby and I visit was hit, again, two
weeks ago. I don't know of more than six people who have been hit on
a cruise ship.

Dillon, I remember when a Hilton hotel in Washington D. C. was closed
because the norovirus was so bad. Still, the news prefers to call it the
cruise virus.

Becca
Old March 12th, 2010, 04:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Becca :

Dillon Pyron wrote:
I've only been hit by noro on shore. Last time was from a Luby's (I
don't get it at home, something about even washing my hands with
Chlorox). I don't see what my in-laws see in that place, and now I
don't see in that place at all.

The day care down the street was hit for the third time in six months.
The assisted living center that Ruby and I visit was hit, again, two
weeks ago. I don't know of more than six people who have been hit on
a cruise ship.

Dillon, I remember when a Hilton hotel in Washington D. C. was closed
because the norovirus was so bad. Still, the news prefers to call it the
cruise virus.

One of the local TV stations said "the virus, sometimes referred to as
the "cruise ship virus" strikes about 10 million people every year,
mostly in day care and assisted living facilities. Since only cruise
lines are required to report outbreaks, the actual numbers and
locations are unknown"

For those of you in Austin, KEYE.

Becca