Ryanair: 25 pounds to check a bag

Old May 26th, 2008, 08:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Dagenham Dave

Default Ryanair: 25 pounds to check a bag

On 26 May, 00:19, "tims next home" wrote:
"Jesper Lauridsen" wrote in message

. ..

On 2008-05-25, tims next home wrote:

On 23 May 2008 20:47:27 GMT, Jesper Lauridsen

On 2008-05-23, tims next home wrote:

As I think I have posted before, I am currently up for a job in
Aarhus.
If I want to fly there (from London), it is Ryanair or no-one.

Sterling to Billund. SAS with a change in CPH. EasyJet to CPH.

I can get the train for about 30 quid each way, taking about 4 and a half
hours with a last departure of 22:56 (direct from the airport), so I
don't
think buying a separate connecting flight makes sense.

It's 3 and half hours when the current track renovations are done, and if
bought in advance, the price is much lower than that.

Really? I couldn't find any way of gettng cheaper fares out of DSB (except
by buying a carnet for a piddly saving)

But you are right, anything except the direct flight is a silly option
timewise.

Billund is a 75 minutes bus ride - a difference of just 30 minutes. The
flight is from Gatwick, which, depending on which London

The one in England -)

you're coming
from, could be faster than going to Stansted.

If I have to use PT I'm about 3 hours from all London Airports ATM (to
change next week!).

tim

....I used T5 yesterday, nice and spacious, even the lift worked, but
it has 2 airside entrances and if the first is too busy they tell you
to use the other. Its only 200m away. Then you get some bored bint
with no interest in life who scans your boarding pass. Next is X-ray,
but of course they only staff 2 of the machines (perhaps thats why the
other entrance was too busy). European flights go from the 'A' gates
which are close by. I was watching the BBC when they said that a plane
had crashed at Zaventem, I checked with BA but they didnt know any of
this....still flight was only the normal 30 minutes late.
Their were no trains in Zaventem due to the plane crash but there were
replacemenent buses.