Another Royal Champ article

Old March 17th, 2009, 02:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Default Another Royal Champ article

On 3/16/2009 4:25 PM, NomenNeisco wrote:

Let's look at this from the other side of the coin.

You mean the one you and others are making up?

The same company which has provided free cruises and other known and
unknown perks to people who have regularly gushed positive about them in
online groups has also banned a certain couple from going on any of
their cruises, paid for or not, because they had the nerve to say not so
nice things about the cruise line on the same forums. What gives a
public company the right to arbitrarily ban someone from purchasing
their product just because they say bad things about?
Does this mean if I go out and buy a Ford and have issues with it that I
make public, Ford can then deny me they option of ever buying another
Ford again? If I don't like something I bought from WalMart and say so
in a public forum, does WalMart have the right to deny me entrance into
a WalMart store?

WalMart's stores are private property so they have the right to
turn away anyone they want. The only case I am aware of where
Royal Caribbean refused to let a customer sail with them in the
future was a woman who would routinely write a complaint letter
after every cruise (for real and not so real complaints), for
the apparent purpose of getting a credit. It seems to me that if
someone is going to complain to the company every time they sail
with them, they are clearly not happy with their product and
would be better served sailing with another cruise line.

I still believe that RCI did the wrong thing when it *hired*
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hired
the people employed as Royal Champions.
"to engage the services of (a person or persons) for wages or other
payment"
and it appears that it is coming back to bite them in the ass.

The only thing that RC have gotten (despite your earlier claim
of "unknown perks") is an invitation to sail on a cruise that
everyone else who was on board also got for free. If you are
claiming that they are hired, then so are the Diamond+ members,
travel agents and other VIP's who were on board. If you're going
to claim that those other people are not "paid" then you're
contradicting yourself.

This whole thing is getting really idiotic.

Bill
Old March 17th, 2009, 02:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Bill
wrote:

You mean the one you and others are making up?

The "you" is using a remailer to hide his identity which is in many
kill files. The cowardly kook will do and say anything and say any lie,
to stir up a reply and get quoted so those who have him kill filed will
see it.

WalMart's stores are private property so they have the right to
turn away anyone they want. The only case I am aware of where
Royal Caribbean refused to let a customer sail with them in the
future was a woman who would routinely write a complaint letter
after every cruise (for real and not so real complaints), for
the apparent purpose of getting a credit. It seems to me that if
someone is going to complain to the company every time they sail
with them, they are clearly not happy with their product and
would be better served sailing with another cruise line.

The woman in question used to post here often years ago making many
claims and bewildering posts. She left for Cruise Critic where she
created quite a stir for a while doing the same thing while abandoning
one cruise line for another as they all tired of her antics. Last I
heard she was cruising with NCL. Unfortunately for her cruise lines do
read cruise forums and caught on to her purpose. The campaign against
the Royal Champions was taken up by the same goofy blogger who first
took up against Royal Caribbean for banning the self described
"awesome one".

--
Charles
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:07:52 -0400, Marsha wrote:

JohnT wrote:
"Nonnymus" wrote in message
news
If you think health care is expensive now,
wait until you see what it costs when it's free!

Healthcare is free or at very low cost (paid for out of taxes)
throughout most of the civilised World.

There is no free, or even very low cost health care anywhere without
excessive taxes or some other such support. Even then, it isn't decent
care. If one wants something trashed quickly, then simply leave total
control to government.

http://townhall.com/columnists/Walte...nt_health_care

Marsha

Right-wing propaganda from a right-wing propaganda website. Doesn't
even pretend to be unbiased.

Old March 17th, 2009, 03:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Bill wrote:

The only case I am aware of where Royal Caribbean
refused to let a customer sail with them in the future was a woman who
would routinely write a complaint letter after every cruise (for real
and not so real complaints), for the apparent purpose of getting a
credit. It seems to me that if someone is going to complain to the
company every time they sail with them, they are clearly not happy with
their product and would be better served sailing with another cruise line.

Not only did she write letters to Royal Caribbean, she also posted her
so called complaints on CruiseCritic again and again. Royal Caribbean
may of been the only one to ban her, but she had previously used the
same tactics with other cruise lines.

sue
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marsha[_2_]

JohnT wrote:
"Nonnymus" wrote in message
news
If you think health care is expensive now,
wait until you see what it costs when it's free!
Healthcare is free or at very low cost (paid for out of taxes)
throughout most of the civilised World.

There is no free, or even very low cost health care anywhere without
excessive taxes or some other such support. Even then, it isn't decent
care. If one wants something trashed quickly, then simply leave total
control to government.

http://townhall.com/columnists/Walte...nt_health_care

Marsha

Right-wing propaganda from a right-wing propaganda website. Doesn't
even pretend to be unbiased.

Please feel free to dispute anything from that link. I'll wait.

Marsha
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

JohnT wrote:
"Nonnymus" wrote in message
news
If you think health care is expensive now,
wait until you see what it costs when it's free!
Healthcare is free or at very low cost (paid for out of taxes)
throughout most of the civilised World.

There is no free, or even very low cost health care anywhere without
excessive taxes or some other such support. Even then, it isn't decent
care. If one wants something trashed quickly, then simply leave total
control to government.

http://townhall.com/columnists/Walte...nt_health_care

Marsha

Right-wing propaganda from a right-wing propaganda website. Doesn't
even pretend to be unbiased.

Please feel free to dispute anything from that link. I'll wait.

Read Adam Gopnik's book "Paris To The Moon", particularly the chapter
on French health care. Feel free to dispute anything he says. I'll
wait.

--
Jack Hamilton

-----
Though in a state of society some must have greater
luxuries and comforts than others, yet all should have
the necessities of life; and if the poor cannot exist,
in vain may the rich look for happiness or prosperity.
The legislature is never so well employed as when they
look to the interests of those who are at a distance
from them in the ranks of society. It is their duty
to do so; religion calls for it; humanity calls for it;
and if there are hearts who are not awake to either of
those feelings, their own interests would dictate it.

Sir Lloyd Kenyon, Rex vs. Rusby, 1800
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marsha[_2_]

Jack Hamilton wrote:
Read Adam Gopnik's book "Paris To The Moon", particularly the chapter
on French health care. Feel free to dispute anything he says. I'll
wait.
Jack Hamilton

So instead of addressing the question, you avoided it. That's the
liberal way. I think we're done here.

Marsha

Old March 17th, 2009, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 3/16/2009 3:18 PM, JohnT wrote:
"Nonnymus" wrote in message
news
If you think health care is expensive now,
wait until you see what it costs when it's free!

Healthcare is free or at very low cost (paid for out of taxes)
throughout most of the civilised World.

Who cares -- you are responding to a signature line and have now
managed to take at least part of the thread way off topic.

Bill
Old March 17th, 2009, 04:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Bill
wrote:

[...]

Charles, the woman in question who used to post here prolifically first used
to gush over the treatment she received on her cruises on Princess
IIRC...then something happened that made her upset and she went to Celebrity
and gushed the same over the crew and ship until someone burst her balloon
there, so she must have ended up having the same experience with RCCL. She
said she was a "volunteer police officer"...I don't know how one can be a
volunteer cop, but she once posted her photo with a uniform on... I guess
she expected special treatment of some sort. Interesting that she is now
with NCL. I have never seen her posts on Cruise Critic, but I seldom do go
there.

As for the Royal Champions...I remember posting here awhile ago that I got
an invitation to become one and almost deleted it as I thought it to be an
advertisement until others on rtc convinced me otherwise because they were
also members. I have no idea how I got to be chosen as out of 44 cruises, 8
were on RCCL, I did have some on Celebrity that may have counted towards my
reaching Diamond status. But I have never posted a review on Cruise
Critic...so how I ended up being one of the 75 picked is a mystery to
me..Every review I have posted has been right here and I tried to be fair
giving the pros and cons of each cruise...The one I raved the most about was
the Oceania Regatta just recently, because we enjoyed her so much.
Perhaps it is because I have expressed my love of cruising, but I have tried
many different cruise lines...Who knows!
But it is silly that all this has been stirred up into such a fuss. But
anonymous kooks are well known for these tactics.

--Jean

Old March 17th, 2009, 04:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Marsha" wrote in message ...
JohnT wrote:
"Nonnymus" wrote in message
news
If you think health care is expensive now,
wait until you see what it costs when it's free!

Healthcare is free or at very low cost (paid for out of taxes) throughout
most of the civilised World.

There is no free, or even very low cost health care anywhere without
excessive taxes or some other such support. Even then, it isn't decent
care. If one wants something trashed quickly, then simply leave total
control to government.

Sure... let's let the capitalists like AIG do whatever they want to do...
Pure Reganomics.

--Tom