Another Royal Champ article

Old March 17th, 2009, 04:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Another Royal Champ article

"Marsha" wrote in message ...
Jack Hamilton wrote:
Read Adam Gopnik's book "Paris To The Moon", particularly the chapter
on French health care. Feel free to dispute anything he says. I'll
wait.
Jack Hamilton

So instead of addressing the question, you avoided it. That's the liberal
way. I think we're done here.

Marsha

We're paying TRILLIONS to recover from the "government is the problem, let's
get rid of government controls and let the capitalists do whatever they
went" Reganomics conservatism of the past decade. A total failure any way
you look at it... with the likes of AIG, etc.

I think we're done with conservatism for the next century or so.

--Tom

Old March 17th, 2009, 05:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

As for the Royal Champions...I remember posting here awhile ago that I got
an invitation to become one and almost deleted it as I thought it to be an
advertisement until others on rtc convinced me otherwise because they were
also members. I have no idea how I got to be chosen as out of 44 cruises,
8 were on RCCL, I did have some on Celebrity that may have counted towards
my reaching Diamond status. But I have never posted a review on Cruise
Critic...so how I ended up being one of the 75 picked is a mystery to
me..Every review I have posted has been right here and I tried to be fair
giving the pros and cons of each cruise...The one I raved the most about
was the Oceania Regatta just recently, because we enjoyed her so much.
Perhaps it is because I have expressed my love of cruising, but I have
tried many different cruise lines...Who knows!
But it is silly that all this has been stirred up into such a fuss. But
anonymous kooks are well known for these tactics.

--Jean

They didn't just use Cruise Critic, they used "Usenet" (R.T.C.) as well.

--Tom

Old March 17th, 2009, 06:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Jack Hamilton wrote:
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:18:41 -0400, Marsha wrote:

Jack Hamilton wrote:
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:07:52 -0400, Marsha wrote:

JohnT wrote:
"Nonnymus" wrote in message
news
If you think health care is expensive now,
wait until you see what it costs when it's free!
Healthcare is free or at very low cost (paid for out of taxes)
throughout most of the civilised World.

There is no free, or even very low cost health care anywhere without
excessive taxes or some other such support. Even then, it isn't decent
care. If one wants something trashed quickly, then simply leave total
control to government.

http://townhall.com/columnists/Walte...nt_health_care

Marsha
Right-wing propaganda from a right-wing propaganda website. Doesn't
even pretend to be unbiased.

Please feel free to dispute anything from that link. I'll wait.

Read Adam Gopnik's book "Paris To The Moon", particularly the chapter
on French health care. Feel free to dispute anything he says. I'll
wait.

How 'bout this one?-
http://www.solutionsoutsidethebox.ne...n%20Health.pdf
Old March 17th, 2009, 01:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
"Tom K" wrote:

We're paying TRILLIONS to recover from the "government is the problem, let's
get rid of government controls and let the capitalists do whatever they
went" Reganomics conservatism of the past decade. A total failure any way
you look at it... with the likes of AIG, etc.

Nah. Within the next few years the liberals will similarly overplay
their hand and worm will turn yet again.
Old March 17th, 2009, 02:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

And what ever happened to that ANNe whatever her name is that started
the cruise critic? I believe she sold it, so what she up to today? She
had a good insight there...

Now as for the RC. Look at now all the Free advertising RCCL is
getting over this!

The funny thing is itss all about some being Jelaous...
and the funnier thing is any RC never even asked or applied or even
KNEW they were a RC.
Nothing was ever expected from them.
no Doubt Rccl has a good product. their prices are going UP not
down.... Now they have partnered with universal to bring the package
like Disney and I bet they succeed because alot of you TEEns and
Adults prefer universal for more thrills and such.... So now a hotel
stay and a Cruise...Move over Disney a new guy is in town....
Susette
www.Cruiseoutlets.com
Join the vikings as We set sail and go Dutch 6Dec09

Motter's commercial site is a distant second to Cruise Critic in the
same space, and it is the same space, and is likely to remain a
distant. Not because it is a bad site. Cruise Critic was born out of
the AOL boards and came out of AOL with a massive membership. Inertia
is on Cruise Critic's side.

--
Charles

Old March 17th, 2009, 02:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Mar 16, 11:40�pm, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message

d...

In article , Bill
wrote:

You mean the one you and others are making up?

The "you" is using a remailer to hide his identity which is in many
kill files. The cowardly kook will do and say anything and say any lie,
to stir up a reply and get quoted so those who have him kill filed will
see it.

WalMart's stores are private property so they have the right to
turn away anyone they want. The only case I am aware of where
Royal Caribbean refused to let a customer sail with them in the
future was a woman who would routinely write a complaint letter
after every cruise (for real and not so real complaints), for
the apparent purpose of getting a credit. It seems to me that if
someone is going to complain to the company every time they sail
with them, they are clearly not happy with their product and
would be better served sailing with another cruise line.

The woman in question used to post here often years ago making many
claims and bewildering posts. She left for Cruise Critic where she
created quite a stir for a while doing the same thing while abandoning
one cruise line for another as they all tired of her antics. Last I
heard she was cruising with NCL. Unfortunately for her cruise lines do
read cruise forums and caught on to her purpose. The campaign against
the Royal Champions was taken up by the same goofy blogger who first
took up against Royal Caribbean for banning the self described
"awesome one".

Charles, the woman in question who used to post here prolifically first used
to gush over the treatment she received on her cruises on Princess
IIRC...then something happened that made her upset and she went to Celebrity
and gushed the same over the crew and ship until someone burst her balloon
there, so she must have ended up having the same experience with RCCL. She
said she was a "volunteer police officer"...I don't know how one can be a
volunteer cop, but she once posted her photo with a uniform on... I guess
she expected special treatment of some sort. Interesting that she is now
with NCL. I have never seen her posts on Cruise Critic, but I seldom do go
there.

[...]

--Jean- Hide quoted text -

That is what they most likely were looking fior jean, You post alot
here, mostly positives, so they take you and make you a RC little
that you even knew it, SO they bring you on a free Cruise ( 2 night)
and you come back and rave about their ship ( what is there not to
rave about it is a great ship) and so you are now a royal; champion.
VERY smart on their part. other Cruise lines probably kicking
theirselves for not thinking about doing it theirself. Other cruise
lines are not as generous at bringining on people giving them a
overnight allowing them to experience what a cruise is, like RCCl
does.
one time we were all invited to a NCL thing to see the DAWN brand new
and they had the Sea I believe in NYC the same time sow e could go to
both. they even had buses for us. it was nothing more the Unorganized
CHAOS.... It left so many of us with bad tastes in our mouth with
NCL... Seems they never did do this again, just so unorganized and
alot of screaming people, and you were not allowed to eat once
onboard.... all day!
Old March 17th, 2009, 02:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Tom K wrote:
[...]

Tom is right, they did harvest names from Usenet. If you look on Cruise
Critic, you can see I have been posting since 2002 and I have only made
22 posts. I rarely visit Cruise Critic because I find it cumbrous, so I
was not chosen from Cruise Critic. What is Paul Motter's website? I
can not remember the name, but I never go there either. I lost my
password about 8 years ago and I never heard back from them.

Becca
Old March 17th, 2009, 06:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

On Mar 17, 12:38*am, "Tom K" wrote:
They didn't just use Cruise Critic, they used "Usenet" (R.T.C.) as well.

According to one of the articles I read, anyone chosen from Cruise
Critic received an email from Cruise Critic requesting permission to
release email information to RCI.

So anyone in RTC who simply started getting RC email was probably
selected based on RTC posts if you don't post in any other forum.

I didn't get an email from Cruise Critic and when I got the first RC
email I deleted it. It said something like RCI has an offer for
you...bla bla bla. Since I wasn't looking for a cruise I hit delete
and moved on. Had the email made it clear what it was really all
about, I would have been aboard Liberty of the Seas with the rest of
you (figured out in hindsight). I'm glad you all had a fun time. Wish
I had been there but my world didn't fall apart for not. None of the
subsequent RC email I received mentioned anything about what I should
or should not post. In fact if you look through the archives my posts
about RCI have probably been about 50/50 positive/negative. Based on
the content of any RC email I received I just figured it had something
to do with Crown and Anchor. At no time did they ever offer or hint at
a quid pro quo. In fact, some of the email solicited opinions about
the RCI product so I'm inclined to believe the "focus group" aspect of
RC.

And full disclosure(!): I have not attended any RC event thus far, but
since I get RC email I assume I am a RC. In 2008 I took 3 RCI cruises
- two out out of Bayonne and booked for the convenience of taking a
cab to the ship. The second and third were booked while aboard to get
the low deposit/OBC perks. I enjoyed all three. I have one RCI cruise
and one Celebrity cruise booked in 2009. But I also took one on
Holland America in January.

Warren
Old March 17th, 2009, 06:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_8_]

Warren wrote:

And full disclosure(!): I have not attended any RC event thus far, but
since I get RC email I assume I am a RC. In 2008 I took 3 RCI cruises
- two out out of Bayonne and booked for the convenience of taking a
cab to the ship. The second and third were booked while aboard to get
the low deposit/OBC perks. I enjoyed all three. I have one RCI cruise
and one Celebrity cruise booked in 2009. But I also took one on
Holland America in January.

Warren

Hrrrummmph! I'm not an RC and haven't been asked. Still, our favorite
cruise line is still RCCL. How can that be?

For the record, I CAN be bought. . . and pretty cheaply.

1) Bottle of Tanguray: One whole month of praise for any TA or cruise line
2) Free airfare to a cruise: One frothing-at-the-mouth, laying it on
thick, praising everything review like you-know-who used to make.
3) Free 3-day or longer cruise: Renaming either my son or daughter to
honor the ship's name or cruise line.

--
Nonny
If you think health care is expensive now,
wait until you see what it costs when it's free!

- P.J. O'Rourke
Old March 18th, 2009, 01:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marsha[_2_]

Goomba wrote:
How 'bout this one?-
http://www.solutionsoutsidethebox.ne...n%20Health.pdf