Staterooms for solo travelers

Old February 9th, 2010, 11:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
June[_2_]

Default Staterooms for solo travelers

"Becca" wrote in message
Barbara wrote:
This is good news, and I went to the web site and viewed the teeny
staterooms which open onto the "lounge".

Is it just me, or does this look like it's designed for the age 20-30
crowd who are looking for college dorm accomodations.
I didn't see of us age 60-80 passengers perched on those little bar
stools.

The cabins are about 100 sq ft, that is pretty small. If you do not spend
any time in your cabin, I guess it would work.

Becca

I went on a Windjammer cruise and was in one of the fore cabins for singles
on the Legacy. It was REALLY REALLY TINY, and I liked it just fine. It was
just a place to sleep and shower. It was just dandy.

Old February 9th, 2010, 11:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Ermalee McCauley wrote:

Absolutely! we will have to keep in touch regarding good air fares when
the time comes. If you go to the Villages first, maybe we could at
least fly back together --- or maybe I could go to the Villages with
you. My daughter in law's parents live there and would love for me to
visit.

Great, since you have someone to visit in The Villages, we will travel
both ways together. We are thinking of flying down wens. or thursday,
then friday driving to Fort Lauderdale, ship leaves on sat. We only need
a little time in The Villages to double check which model house we want.
A lot of these plans depend on Kevin's chemo schedule, but we will be on
the Oasis no matter what!!

I think your traveling with us might make your kids feel better!!

hugs,
sue
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JRachels

Becca wrote:
Barbara wrote:
This is good news, and I went to the web site and viewed the teeny
staterooms which open onto the "lounge".

Is it just me, or does this look like it's designed for the age 20-30
crowd who are looking for college dorm accomodations.
I didn't see of us age 60-80 passengers perched on those little bar
stools.

The cabins are about 100 sq ft, that is pretty small. If you do not
spend any time in your cabin, I guess it would work.

Becca

Do you think it could be much smaller than the one I had on the Sky? Had
to walk out to change my mind on that one. Hated it. Remember, I had to
turn off the mini fridge so I had more storage space for my clothes.

JR

--
"We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are." - The Talmud
"People demand the freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Do you think it could be much smaller than the one I had on the Sky? Had
to walk out to change my mind on that one. Hated it. Remember, I had to
turn off the mini fridge so I had more storage space for my clothes.

JR

--

JR,

I remember those tiny cabins on the Sky... But we had fun anyway!!
I remember you saying that the fridge made a great second drawer..
kept your panties cold ;-)

Reminds me of the often told joke;

" I slipped and fell in the shower this morning; thankfully, I fell on
the bed" LOL ba Dum

Steve---nice to hear from you, Joyce

Old February 11th, 2010, 03:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"jeffcoud" wrote in message
OH yeah! 82's the new 42! Go with that!!!

Right on Jeff! Where have you been? Have not seen you on here for ages!

--Jean
October. Who knows whether these cruises will materialize for me! My
kids seem to think my cruising days are over at age 82. I hope to prove
them wrong.

Ermalee

Old February 11th, 2010, 04:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Cruise Crazy" wrote in message
Hi Erm,
We will be meeting on the Regatta. All us "old dames" should have a
ball. Too bad Annie wil be on a different ship. And Rosalie had to
cancel.

Hey Doris,
Me too, I'll be there~ I saw your last cruise ship docked in back of us on
the Ryndam last week of January.. Wish I had known what you look like...we
could have passed each other in port and not even known it! This is the
first time we took three cruises, all during the months of December and
January.
I have tried to encourage Annie to come on a cruise with us to no avail. I'm
sorry that Rosalie had to cancel, too!
See you in a month from today!

--Jean

Old February 11th, 2010, 05:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jeffcoud

On Feb 10, 9:51*pm, "Jean O'Boyle" wrote:
"jeffcoud" wrote in message

OH yeah! *82's the new 42! *Go with that!!!

Right on Jeff! *Where have you been? Have not seen you on here for ages!

--Jean

I come and go! Here and there! Now I read RTC off Google groups
which seems....ok. I moved to comcast internet so don't have verizon
newsgroups anymore!

Jeff
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gettamulla Tupya[_2_]

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:00:00 -0500, "Rosaly Z. Greenberger" wrote:

meanwhile, Bob Voyage to all of you and I know you will love Regatta.

Is Bob the captain? ;-)

Old February 20th, 2010, 01:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee McCauley[_2_]

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Cruise Crazy" wrote in message
Hi Erm,
We will be meeting on the Regatta. All us "old dames" should have a
ball. Too bad Annie wil be on a different ship. And Rosalie had to
cancel.

Hey Doris,
Me too, I'll be there~ I saw your last cruise ship docked in back of us on
the Ryndam last week of January.. Wish I had known what you look like...we
could have passed each other in port and not even known it! This is the
first time we took three cruises, all during the months of December and
January.
I have tried to encourage Annie to come on a cruise with us to no avail. I'm
sorry that Rosalie had to cancel, too!
See you in a month from today!

--Jean

Today was my first day out since my surgery. I did pretty well. Now I
think Millie believes that I am almost ready to cruise. I guess I
should start looking through my closets. LOL

Ermalee