Travel Insurance

Old March 6th, 2010, 12:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
STAR

Default Travel Insurance

On Mar 6, 6:50*am, Charles wrote:
In article
,

STAR wrote:
I will look into this....also I found a company called Travel Guard
Ins. Co. in NY and spoke to a rep and they sounded very good. *I was
wondering if anyone has heard of them or know of their reputation.

I have two policies with them now for future cruises. A couple of years
ago I got sick and had to cancel just before a cruise. Travel Guard
sent a check for the whole trip almost immediately after receiving the
documentation from my Doctor.

--
Charles

Then that settles it....Travel Guard it is.
Old March 6th, 2010, 04:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_5_]

STAR wrote:
On Mar 6, 6:50 am, Charles wrote:
In article
,

STAR wrote:
I will look into this....also I found a company called Travel Guard
Ins. Co. in NY and spoke to a rep and they sounded very good. I was
wondering if anyone has heard of them or know of their reputation.

I have two policies with them now for future cruises. A couple of years
ago I got sick and had to cancel just before a cruise. Travel Guard
sent a check for the whole trip almost immediately after receiving the
documentation from my Doctor.

--
Charles

Then that settles it....Travel Guard it is.

Travel Guard offers different policies. Make sure you get
the one you want.

I really stress you go to insuremytrip.com and review all
the Travel guard policies before you pick one.

Clay
Old March 6th, 2010, 04:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
STAR

On Mar 6, 10:24*am, frijoli wrote:
STAR wrote:
On Mar 6, 6:50 am, Charles wrote:
In article
,

STAR wrote:
I will look into this....also I found a company called Travel Guard
Ins. Co. in NY and spoke to a rep and they sounded very good. *I was
wondering if anyone has heard of them or know of their reputation.
I have two policies with them now for future cruises. A couple of years
ago I got sick and had to cancel just before a cruise. Travel Guard
sent a check for the whole trip almost immediately after receiving the
documentation from my Doctor.

--
Charles

Then that settles it....Travel Guard it is.

Travel Guard offers different policies. Make sure you get
the one you want.

I really stress you go to insuremytrip.com and review all
the Travel guard policies before you pick one.

Clay- Hide quoted text -

Ok, I hear you loud and clear....(ha,ha)
Old March 6th, 2010, 07:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_5_]

STAR wrote:
On Mar 6, 10:24 am, frijoli wrote:
STAR wrote:
On Mar 6, 6:50 am, Charles wrote:
In article
,
STAR wrote:
I will look into this....also I found a company called Travel Guard
Ins. Co. in NY and spoke to a rep and they sounded very good. I was
wondering if anyone has heard of them or know of their reputation.
I have two policies with them now for future cruises. A couple of years
ago I got sick and had to cancel just before a cruise. Travel Guard
sent a check for the whole trip almost immediately after receiving the
documentation from my Doctor.
--
Charles
Then that settles it....Travel Guard it is.

Travel Guard offers different policies. Make sure you get
the one you want.

I really stress you go to insuremytrip.com and review all
the Travel guard policies before you pick one.

Clay- Hide quoted text -

Ok, I hear you loud and clear....(ha,ha)

Whew I feel better now.
Old March 6th, 2010, 07:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 08:48:17 +0100, peter wrote:

On 3/6/10 4:47 AM, in article , "Sue Mullen"
wrote:

Brian wrote:
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 15:02:45 -0800 (PST), STAR
wrote:

I'm thinking about obtaining travel ins independently for a cruise in
May. Are the any advantages/disadvantages? Thank you....

A disadvantage to getting the cruise line insurance is that if the
cruise line becomes bankrupt, you become an unsecured creditor.

This has really happened and was talked about on RTC.

sue

The actual insurance offered through Celebrity is underwritten by
Stonebridge Casualty. I doubt that other cruise lines are engaged in the
insurance business as principals. For N.Y.residents even the penalty waiver
is underwritten. I can't see how you can become an unsecured creditor of a
bankrupt cruise line in that situation.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/pdf/insurance/DofC%20CEL%20060607.pdf
says:

Please note: Benefits will not be paid for expenses not refunded
in the event of your travel agents, the airlines or Celebrity
Cruises insolvency.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=TravelProtection
says:

PLEASE NOTE: Benefits will not be paid for expenses not refunded
in the event of the airline's or NCL's insolvency.

I assume that other cruise lines have similar policies.
Old March 7th, 2010, 05:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 21:28:43 -0500, frijoli wrote:

STAR wrote:
I'm thinking about obtaining travel ins independently for a cruise in
May. Are the any advantages/disadvantages? Thank you....

Check out Insuremytrip.com

You can call them and they are very helpful!

I have only purchased travel insurance once and did it through
insuremytrip.com. I was having trouble trying to decide which most met
my needs and called. The woman was extremely pleasant and helpful. We
didn't need to make a claim fortunately.

Old March 12th, 2010, 06:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Jack Hamilton :

wrote:

[...]

Correct. One should read the policy prior to buying.

Some lines also do not cover pre-existing conditions, a major concern
if you have something like any type of cornary disease and such.

And, unless you purchase air from the line, any issues with the
airlines will not be covered.

Please note that any carriar currently in bankruptcy proceedings or
insolvency will not be covered. Labor actions announced prior to the
purchase of the insurance will not be covered. Only common carriars
are covered (your car to the port is not, a taxi is).
--

- dillon I am not invalid

You know, I can't think of nothing finer than a fine
naked woman holding a gun. And you got all kinds of
fine going on.

Frankie Figs