Copenhagen central station exits

Old August 8th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Pete

Default Copenhagen central station exits

Is the only exit from Copenhagen central station on Bernstorffsgade
or can you also exit to Reventlowsgade? If so, is it plainly marked?

Pete

Old August 8th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Lennart Petersen

"Pete" skrev i meddelandet
ink.net...
Is the only exit from Copenhagen central station on Bernstorffsgade
or can you also exit to Reventlowsgade? If so, is it plainly marked?
Pete

No problem you can exit the station in all directions:
That's Reventlovsgade,
Bernstorffsg (opposite Tivoli),
The front Banegaardspladsen (to Vesterbrogade)
and finally Tietgensgade from the platforms.
Don't think there's any problem to find the way, arriving from south you'll
find the Reventlovsgade exit to the left and Bernstorffsgade to the right.
http://www.hovedbanen.dk/oversigt.shtml

Old August 8th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Pete

No problem you can exit the station in all directions:

Thanks for that. I would have assumed that fact, but the Rough Guide
Scandinavia book's map almost suggested that there was no exit there.

That's Reventlovsgade,

Another Rough Guide mistake. I just looked again and it is definitely
a 'w' not a 'v' in the book.

Don't think there's any problem to find the way, arriving from south
you'll find the Reventlovsgade exit to the left

Yes, I think so too.

http://www.hovedbanen.dk/oversigt.shtml

The map is obvious, but what is the significance of the clown child photo?
If I select it I see some Danish words for a Good Morning Denmark
television show.

Pete

Old August 8th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Kristian

"Pete" wrote:

Is the only exit from Copenhagen central station on Bernstorffsgade
or can you also exit to Reventlowsgade? If so, is it plainly marked?

Pete

-------------
Small map of the Copenhagen Main station - it also shows the buslines
around there.
http://www1.hur.dk/koreplan/terminalkort/hbg.pdf

Kristian

Old August 8th, 2004, 01:35 PM
John Bermont

Kristian wrote:
"Pete" wrote:

Is the only exit from Copenhagen central station on Bernstorffsgade
or can you also exit to Reventlowsgade? If so, is it plainly marked?

Pete

-------------
Small map of the Copenhagen Main station - it also shows the buslines
around there.
http://www1.hur.dk/koreplan/terminalkort/hbg.pdf

Kristian

Thanks for that map link. Do you know if there is still the smorgasbord
in the restaurant at the Tivoli end of the station? Years ago that was
one of the best values in Scandinavia.
John Bermont

* * * Mastering Independent Budget Travel * * *
http://www.enjoy-europe.com/

Old August 8th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Lennart Petersen

"Pete" skrev i meddelandet
ink.net...
No problem you can exit the station in all directions:

Thanks for that. I would have assumed that fact, but the Rough Guide
Scandinavia book's map almost suggested that there was no exit there.

That's Reventlovsgade,

Another Rough Guide mistake. I just looked again and it is definitely
a 'w' not a 'v' in the book.

Don't think there's any problem to find the way, arriving from south
you'll find the Reventlovsgade exit to the left

Yes, I think so too.

http://www.hovedbanen.dk/oversigt.shtml

The map is obvious, but what is the significance of the clown child photo?
If I select it I see some Danish words for a Good Morning Denmark
television show.

Seem to be a TV program broadcasted from "Hovedbangården"-the main station.

Old August 8th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Pete

Thanks for that map link. Do you know if there is still the smorgas-
bord in the restaurant at the Tivoli end of the station? Years ago that
was one of the best values in Scandinavia.

Yes, Kristian, thanks for the link.

If one looks at the link Lennart included, and selects Shoppingcenter,
one sees all of the businesses at the station. I don't know what the
smorgasbord was named, though.

Pete