Carnival and RCI ships being reworked in Freeport? Which ones??

Old February 8th, 2009, 04:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

Default Carnival and RCI ships being reworked in Freeport? Which ones??

I saw a Carnival and a Royal Caribbean in Freeport being worked on. Is
there a place to look up which ships they were? The RC ship looked like
a Voyager class to me.

Clay
Old February 8th, 2009, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...t=P2042164.jpg
Old February 8th, 2009, 06:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"frijoli" wrote in message
frijoli wrote:
I saw a Carnival and a Royal Caribbean in Freeport being worked on. Is
there a place to look up which ships they were? The RC ship looked like a
Voyager class to me.

Clay

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...t=P2042164.jpg

The RCI ship is definitely either Voyager or Freedom class.

And it appears that the balconies are the glass style balconies which sit
away from the hull. That would rule out Voyager, Explorer and Adventure.
The options are Mariner/Navigator, or Liberty/Freedom.

--Tom

Old February 8th, 2009, 11:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Tom K
wrote:

The RCI ship is definitely either Voyager or Freedom class.

And it appears that the balconies are the glass style balconies which sit
away from the hull. That would rule out Voyager, Explorer and Adventure.
The options are Mariner/Navigator, or Liberty/Freedom.

The RCI ship is Navigator of the Seas for sure.

I think the Carnival ship may the Sensation since Carnival announced a
major makeover for January 2009.

--
Charles
Old February 8th, 2009, 12:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

Charles wrote:
In article , Tom K
wrote:

The RCI ship is definitely either Voyager or Freedom class.

And it appears that the balconies are the glass style balconies which sit
away from the hull. That would rule out Voyager, Explorer and Adventure.
The options are Mariner/Navigator, or Liberty/Freedom.

The RCI ship is Navigator of the Seas for sure.

I think the Carnival ship may the Sensation since Carnival announced a
major makeover for January 2009.

You guys are good!

It was kind of neat seeing them being redone, even from a distance.

I guess I am earning my stripes, because a few years ago I wouldn't have
recognized them at all. I new right away what companies they were, and
picked out a Voyager class pretty quickly.

It's like we do with cars, a tail light here a head light there, and you
just know!

Now I need more practice!!

Clay

Old February 9th, 2009, 01:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Feb 7, 11:36�pm, frijoli wrote:
I saw a Carnival and a Royal Caribbean in Freeport being worked on. Is
there a place to look up which ships they were? The RC ship looked like
a Voyager class to me.

Clay

The RCCL ship is the Navagator. It was scheduled to go into wet dock
on the 5th for 6 nights. I was just on her the week before and they
were to replace "Soft goods".

Steve in FLL