Adventure of the Seas - Promenade Rooms

Old January 26th, 2009, 03:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
lizzielou80

Default Adventure of the Seas - Promenade Rooms

Can anyone tell me about these promenade rooms? Was it loud or too
bright? The price is good but is it worth it or more use out of an
exterior room? Please help.

--
lizzielou80
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old January 26th, 2009, 04:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"lizzielou80" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me about these promenade rooms? Was it loud or too
bright? The price is good but is it worth it or more use out of an
exterior room? Please help.

We had one of these on the Adventure and it was near the crosswalk level
where the events took place and yes, it was loud during band playing or the
parade...It was fine otherwise and it was not too bright when the curtains
were drawn. It was fun sitting on the window bench and people watching even
late into the night. I'm very sensitive to noise, If you decide to book
one, make sure it is further down or up from the crosswalk as probably the
noise won't be noticed as much.

I'm thankful for the new experience but I much more prefer an ocean view or
balcony...I very much missed seeing the sea...it was more like staying in a
hotel room... But that is my opinion...I know others who really enjoyed
them. I guess that having the ocean visible is what makes cruising relaxing
and enjoyable to me.

--Jean

Old January 26th, 2009, 05:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"lizzielou80" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me about these promenade rooms? Was it loud or too
bright? The price is good but is it worth it or more use out of an
exterior room? Please help.

--
lizzielou80
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Question.... what's the difference in price? That always pays a part.

I've had promenade view cabins a few times. I really like them. Would I
rather be in an outside? That depends on location. I don't like being at
the bottom of the ship... then I'm constantly using the elevator. I prefer
being between the pool deck and the promenade deck. That way it's only a
few decks up or a few decks down for all the action. Then I can use the
stairs.

I don't like insides... so a promenade view or obstructed view outside is a
nice cost saving alternative.

All things being equal (and if I can't have a balcony), I'd rather have an
outside. But to save money, and to be near the location I prefer, I'll take
the promenade cabin. Plus it usually has wifi since you overlook the
promenade.

Check out the difference in price between the promenade and the outside. If
it's significant, then try it once.

--Tom

Old January 26th, 2009, 01:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jbdarmo

"Tom K" wrote in message

"lizzielou80" wrote in
message ...

[...]

We've had Promenade cabins on many of the Voyager Class ships. We have
booked
another one on the Voyager in late Feb. The only time that we ever heard
anything was
during the parades, other than that, nothing. I would recommend that you not
book one on
Deck 6 that is over the Irish Pub. This could be noisy when the entertainer
is performing. On this
sailing, the Promenade cabins were actually priced HIGHER than an outside.

Joe

Old February 13th, 2009, 10:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
hutat

I travelled on the Adventure and even though I did not book a promenade
stateroom I saw them overlooking the royal promenade and it seemed to me
to be cool to have the view those rooms have. I would rather have a
promenade than an oceanview because of the difference in price.

--
hutat
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com