CDG transfer between 2B and 2E in 1hr?

Old June 10th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Mirela

Default CDG transfer between 2B and 2E in 1hr?

Hi,
I am a US citizen and travelling thru Paris Charles de Gaulle airport
on Air France. On the way back, I will arrive in terminal 2B via an Air
France flight, and I will leave, 1hr10' later (if all flights on time)
from terminal 2E (I know , it's still the same terminal 2), on another
Air France flight to US.

An Air France representative said I will just take a bus shuttle ( on
the out/air-side between 2B and 2E, and being in transfer, I don't need
to do passport check or customs. Wasn't sure about security check.

Will 1hr 10' be enough for me and my luggage to be transfered? any tips
on how to make it faster? Thanks a bunch.

Old June 10th, 2005, 01:34 AM
jcoulter

"Mirela" wrote in news:1118361540.619591.152510
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Hi,
I am a US citizen and travelling thru Paris Charles de Gaulle airport
on Air France. On the way back, I will arrive in terminal 2B via an

Air
France flight, and I will leave, 1hr10' later (if all flights on time)
from terminal 2E (I know , it's still the same terminal 2), on another
Air France flight to US.

An Air France representative said I will just take a bus shuttle ( on
the out/air-side between 2B and 2E, and being in transfer, I don't

need
to do passport check or customs. Wasn't sure about security check.

Will 1hr 10' be enough for me and my luggage to be transfered? any

tips
on how to make it faster? Thanks a bunch.

YOu will need to do security but you have plenty of time, relax and
enjoy. Hey who knows you may have one last chance for an expresso.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old June 10th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Padraig Breathnach

:

[...]

Wot? No time to go see the Eiffel Tower?

Nah. I suppose not.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old June 10th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article .com,
"Mirela" wrote:

Hi,
I am a US citizen and travelling thru Paris Charles de Gaulle airport
on Air France. On the way back, I will arrive in terminal 2B via an Air
France flight, and I will leave, 1hr10' later (if all flights on time)
from terminal 2E (I know , it's still the same terminal 2), on another
Air France flight to US.

An Air France representative said I will just take a bus shuttle ( on
the out/air-side between 2B and 2E, and being in transfer, I don't need
to do passport check or customs. Wasn't sure about security check.

Will 1hr 10' be enough for me and my luggage to be transfered? any tips
on how to make it faster? Thanks a bunch.

Frow where are you arriving from? Hopeflly from within Schengen so
there's no immigration lines up on the way it. 10 minutes is enough to
walk to any other CDG2 terminal.
Old June 10th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Mirela

Thank you all. Actually I am arriving from a non-EU country
(non-Schengen therefore, I believe) - Romania. The Air France guy
knew where I was coming from, and said that I don't need to go thru
passport check. anyhow, does it matter, since I am US citizen?

Old June 14th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Ulf Kutzner

Not the Karl Orff schrieb:

An Air France representative said I will just take a bus shuttle ( on
the out/air-side between 2B and 2E, and being in transfer, I don't need
to do passport check or customs. Wasn't sure about security check.

Will 1hr 10' be enough for me and my luggage to be transfered? any tips
on how to make it faster? Thanks a bunch.

Frow where are you arriving from? Hopeflly from within Schengen so
there's no immigration lines up on the way it.

Err, you would need emigration check in this case.

Regards, ULF
Old June 14th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Ulf Kutzner

Mirela schrieb:

Thank you all. Actually I am arriving from a non-EU country
(non-Schengen therefore, I believe) - Romania. The Air France guy
knew where I was coming from, and said that I don't need to go thru
passport check. anyhow, does it matter, since I am US citizen?

There might be a passport check for entering the transit area but I
guess no full immigration.

Well, maybe not, as Romania has visa-free travel with Schengen.

Regards, ULF