PJ sends greetings to his dear friends on Usenet from The City OfBrotherly Lovei

Old May 19th, 2011, 09:58 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
O'Donovan, PJ, Himself

Default PJ sends greetings to his dear friends on Usenet from The City OfBrotherly Lovei

We flew US Air across the Atlantic this am from Dublin Ireland to
Philadelphia. Pennsylvania, The City of Brotherly Love, near where I
was born and where my grandparents settled and where my prents married
and lived for some years. Both my wife and I will touch base with
family while we are here.

Actually I traced again for the 6th or 7th time the route of my 3
grandparent's emigration from Ireland to Philly but I recall them
telling me they went by way of Liverpool by immigrant ship to Philly
instead of flying. I was the first of all the offspring to return to
Ireland via Aer Lingus, First Class, in 1968 and followed 5 or 6
times subsequent to that initial trip. Love it there. The green is
unbelievable and the air is sweet particularly in the west .

It is a relatively short trip across the Atlantic from the US. We
cleared US customs and immigration in Dublin before departing there
which was convenient.