Honeymooning at Sandals - Advice Requested

Old April 24th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Fleemo

Default Honeymooning at Sandals - Advice Requested

My fiance and I are considering honeymooning at a Sandals resort.
We've heard good things about the St. Lucia resort. I've checked out
the Usenet reviews on Sandals, though most of them are, for some
reason, from the mid- to late-90's, so I'd be interested in hearing a
few more recent reviews. What's the best Sandals resort these days?

Also, our wedding is in mid-October. How's the weather in the
Caribbean in October? Should we postpone the honeymoon to some other
time? I'd hate to be caught in a hurricane while trying to celebrate
our honeymoon.

Thanks for your input.

-F
Old April 24th, 2004, 02:18 AM
nospam

Check out these other sites as they are more up-to-date:
http://www.tropictravelonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php
http://www.travelmb.com/index.php?si...dfacfff0781043
http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/hotelreviews/
http://sandalsvisitorshangout.homestead.com/
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g...Vacations.html
http://caribtravelnews.com/ctr_7.htm
http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com/
http://members.aol.com/DebbieH103/pr...l/debbiewb.htm

m...

Old April 25th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Jessica Simpson

Also, our wedding is in mid-October. How's
the weather in the Caribbean in October? Should
we postpone the honeymoon to some other time?
I'd hate to be caught in a hurricane while trying to
celebrate our honeymoon.

I was in Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, Montserrat, Anguilla and Antigua last
October - no hurricanes in sight. Weather: pleasantly hot and absolutely
gorgeous!!! Really bad October hurricanes really aren't all that common,
and the farther south you go, the less likely they are to hit you. St. Lucia
is pretty far south.

Old April 27th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Mzone719

I would never stay at a sandals or affiliated property for another vacation,
let alone a honeymoon. I'll make this quick, when I went to sandals in negril
with my girlfriend at the time, we were told, along with five honeymoon couples
that we knew of, that the hotel was overbooked. Nothing was done to compensate
any of us for the trouble of putting us up in a different hotel for a night.
That on top of the food being awful made up my mind never to go back. Low
class operation, at least at that hotel.
Old May 7th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Cathy

My husband and I honeymooned at Sandals Halcyon last April. That
resort and the others on St Lucia are okay and the food was excellent,
but you'll get far better value for money and superior accommodation
at other 4* and 5* hotels on the island.

My theory is that Sandals has excellent marketing, which unfortunately
just doesn't match the reality.

Give me a shout if you want to know anymore. Cathy