Help! Why was my post about luggage weight deleted? (I bet this one is too)

Old September 21st, 2007, 03:44 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Help! Why was my post about luggage weight deleted? (I bet this one is too)

I'll try to post this, but somehow my post about carry-on luggage
weight on LAN.Chile, of about 10 minutes ago, was deleted. Deleted on
rec.travel.air, too.

Will someone please email me as to why?

Old September 21st, 2007, 04:11 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
JohnT[_3_]

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'll try to post this, but somehow my post about carry-on luggage
weight on LAN.Chile, of about 10 minutes ago, was deleted. Deleted on
rec.travel.air, too.

Will someone please email me as to why?

There are two messages from you in my newsreader in rta, both on the same
subject. To answer your original questions, the Airbus A318 is a modern twin
engined aircraft of about 120 seat capacity with entirely standard overhead
racks. The LAN Chile carry-on weight restriction is very similar to that
imposed by many other airlines. If your carry-on is clearly over their size
limit then they will probably require you to transport it as checked
luggage.

--

JohnT

Old September 21st, 2007, 07:23 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
Doug McDonald

JohnT wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I'll try to post this, but somehow my post about carry-on luggage
weight on LAN.Chile, of about 10 minutes ago, was deleted. Deleted on
rec.travel.air, too.

Will someone please email me as to why?

There are two messages from you in my newsreader in rta, both on the
same subject. To answer your original questions, the Airbus A318 is a
modern twin engined aircraft of about 120 seat capacity with entirely
standard overhead racks. The LAN Chile carry-on weight restriction is
very similar to that imposed by many other airlines.

At least last Christmas day, on that exact flight, they didn't even bother to pretend to
check weight. If it fit, it was OK.

Doug McDonald
Old September 21st, 2007, 09:13 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

There are two messages from you in my newsreader in rta, both on the
same subject. To answer your original questions, the Airbus A318 is a
modern twin engined aircraft of about 120 seat capacity with entirely
standard overhead racks. The LAN Chile carry-on weight restriction is
very similar to that imposed by many other airlines.

Thanks, Doug. The mysterious disappearing postings might be a Google
problem; that's where I post and read. But yours came through. Still
can't read my original online. I was starting to think, a newsgroup
Bermuda Triangle...

--anyway, this means I can cram my convertible carry-on
(shoulderstraps that hide) to full weight for the US portion and
possibly unload and wear more layers of clothes on the Punta Arenas
flight. Especially raingear needed as soon as I land, from what I
read. Thanks for your help.

CC

Old September 22nd, 2007, 03:28 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
Helene

Hello Carol,
Why do you insist on carrying 40 lbs (18kgs) as carry-on luggage? We carried only about that for a
whole 2 months in Patagonia AS CHECKED IN luggage and about 11lbs (5kgs) in a small daypack.
Physically, your big pack in a luggage rack and then your little pack also (if I have read this
correctly) denies others some space and surely is rather selfish.

As for needing your rainjacket as soon as you land, tut, tut, wait until you get your "big bag", it
is only 50m to the terminal building.
If you look at weather.com and long term averages for Punta Arenas you will be surprised at how
little rain lands there.
The wind chill is more of a problem.
You do not need extra clothes ON the flight.
I don't know where your info that you read came from but I would trash it and search Google for
Punta Arenas then read the real stuff.

Have a good trip, H, Tasmania, Oz.

Old September 22nd, 2007, 08:38 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
Rudy[_1_]

I'll try to post this, but somehow my post about carry-on luggage
weight on LAN.Chile, of about 10 minutes ago, was deleted. Deleted on
rec.travel.air, too.

Will someone please email me as to why?

Want to see it again..

Go to your toolbar above:

VIEW/Select CURRENT VIEW then SHOW ALL MESSAGES.

You probably have HIDE READ MESSAGES checked..once you see it, it wont
re-appear again that way. It is still there seen by others though

Old September 22nd, 2007, 01:35 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Sep 21, 10:28 pm, "Helene" wrote:
[...]

Hi, Helene--
My carry-on bag is regulation size for carry-on, so I don't think I'm
being selfish or taking any extra cabin luggage space. My small
daypack acts as a purse and will hold the tourguides and other books I
need. My raincoat is also my windjacket, hat & gloves in pockets. If
it does rain, I'll be all set. I'm looking forward to this once-in-a-
lifetime trip, but I may be overstrategizing, as you imply.

I worry about my checked-in luggage being lost/misdirected at a big
Texas airport (DFW) where I change planes on my way to Santiago; I've
read so much about lost and delayed luggage, esp. on this newsgroup!
So if I have everything on my back turtle-like, nothing will be lost.
Except my back muscles, but that's a different problem--

CC
P.S. -- Beautiful fresh-aired Tasmania is on my travel wishlist.

Old September 23rd, 2007, 11:32 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
Helene

Hello Carol,

| Hi, Helene--
| My carry-on bag is regulation size for carry-on, ...........
Wow, you must jam items very tightly if it is 18kgs

I worry about my checked-in luggage being lost/misdirected at a big
| Texas airport (DFW) where I change planes on my way to Santiago; I've
| read so much about lost and delayed luggage, .............
In nearly 100,000kms of air and bus travel in Sth America we have never had a problem mainly
because we pack our checked in luggage (backpacks) in very brightcolored rip-stop nylon bags
with eyelets around the top and wire strop + padlock threaded thro'.
Very highly visible. Maybe one day tho' some cheeky sod will push their luck if trying to pick it
off the carousel.

| P.S. -- Beautiful fresh-aired Tasmania is on my travel wishlist.

When you decide to come to Tasmania, send us a message but try to pick your visit between
mid Sept and mid April.

Cheers, H, Tasmania, Oz