Booking online for LAN and Aerovias Argentinas?

Old August 3rd, 2007, 02:37 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Booking online for LAN and Aerovias Argentinas?

We are planning a trip to Argentina and Chile in December and we'd
like to book our own tickets online for the very specific times and
dates of the Buenos Aires - Santiago, SCL-Punta Arenas and Ushuaia -
Buenos Aires flights we need. My questions a
1. Is it safe and secure to book these flights ourselves, online, with
our credit card?
2. Our itinerary is tightly planned. With the trip 4 months away, how
can we be sure those particular flights will exist then? How do we
check flight confirmations while traveling?
3. Is an e-ticket (printout of an electronic ticket) valid and
accepted in Chile and Argentina, when created online from the U.S.A.?
4. Or do we need a travel agent to do this for us?

Carol

Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:03 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Matthias van Henk

Hi,

1. With most online travel agents there will be no problem regarding
credit card security. There are thousands of bookings made every day
without major problems. Airline sites should be as well safe

2. Do you intend to split your trip to more than one booking? If you
order different flight tickets for your trip no one will be responsible
if there are schedule changes and your flight plans do not fit anymore.
Try to get the flights on one ticket, if possible.

3. Yes if you meet the airlines identification requirements. Read their
rules.

4. I would suggest that you book through an agent who is specialized for
South-America, he might even have some consolidator fares you will not
find online. And he might give you valuable hints for your trip.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:41 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Graham Harrison[_2_]

wrote in message
ups.com...
We are planning a trip to Argentina and Chile in December and we'd
like to book our own tickets online for the very specific times and
dates of the Buenos Aires - Santiago, SCL-Punta Arenas and Ushuaia -
Buenos Aires flights we need. My questions a
1. Is it safe and secure to book these flights ourselves, online, with
our credit card?
2. Our itinerary is tightly planned. With the trip 4 months away, how
can we be sure those particular flights will exist then? How do we
check flight confirmations while traveling?
3. Is an e-ticket (printout of an electronic ticket) valid and
accepted in Chile and Argentina, when created online from the U.S.A.?
4. Or do we need a travel agent to do this for us?

Carol

As tourists you might well qualify for a Mercosur Pass. Not sure if you
can buy these online.
http://www.aerolineas.com.ar/ar/inde...&subs=6&id=307