Advice on Vancouver

Old August 18th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Boubaala

Default Advice on Vancouver

Hi all, the wife and I are going to spend a couple of weeks travelling
around Vancouver to Banff then Calgary by car and back by gold leaf Rail in
early Sept.

My question what are the roads going to be like at that time of the year,
and what's the going price of gas these days in that area. Also A place in
Vancouver to buy a throw away phone as ours from aussie wont work on your
network and what would the average price for one be.

Many Thanks

Michael

Old August 18th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Clint

September is one of the best times of year to travel in that area. It's not
too hot or cold. and in Vancouver, it's the month with the lowest amount of
rain.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca
Exquisite Inuit (Eskimo) & Native American Art

Old August 18th, 2004, 08:50 PM
My Side

"Boubaala" wrote in message
Hi all, the wife and I are going to spend a couple of weeks travelling
around Vancouver to Banff then Calgary by car and back by gold leaf Rail

in
early Sept.

My question what are the roads going to be like at that time of the year,
and what's the going price of gas these days in that area. Also A place

in
Vancouver to buy a throw away phone as ours from aussie wont work on your
network and what would the average price for one be.

Many Thanks

Michael

g'day mate Roads will be less crowded after Sept 6 when the kids go

back to school.
climater wise -- excellent.

Gas pricing in Vancouver is like a toilet seat at a mixed picnic. Up and
Down. Sometimes dropping 15 cents a liter in an afternoon only to be back
up in the evening. The highest this summer was Canadian 99.9 cents/liter
for just 2 days (only reason it stopped there was the space limits of gas
station price signs). Lowest was in the mid 70's. Gas Pricing in the
interior will depend on the phase of the third moon of Saturn.

The Cell phone question: Rogers AT&T Wireless has the only game in town
that is reasonably reasonable. It consists of:
$150 refundable deposit
$25 to install
$25 for 2 weeks rental
$10 for 30 minutes.
7% tax on the rental charge.
Phone contact here is 604 662 3931

Give me shout if you need further info. Just a partial return for the
hospitality we rec'd 'Down Under' last year.

Old August 19th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Ted & Niki

Not quite true ... there is less rain in July and August

September is a medium amount of rain.. expect a fair number of days with
clouds and some light "drizzle"... but not a lot of heavy rain.

Vancouver, BC :

Month Average Temp C Rain mm #Wet Days/month
High Low
May 18 8 71 12
Jun 21 11 64 11
Jul 23 12 31 8
Aug 23 12 43 7
Sep 18 9 90 9
Oct 14 7 147 16
Nov 9 4 211 19
Dec 6 2 224 22
Jan 5 0 218 20
etc...

Ted
Vancouver

Old August 19th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Ted & Niki

The roads are going to be just fine...

Current gas prices can be found at:
http://van.bc.gastips.com/region?id=eastside

so at the time of posting it is 84.5 Canadian cents per litre

Phones? I'm no expert but you could start he
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/cla...9&cat id=1108

Ted
Vancouver