Indonesian need visa to Hong Kong ?

Old March 7th, 2006, 09:35 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Default Indonesian need visa to Hong Kong ?

I am planning to go with my friend, who is an Indonesian, to Hong Kong.
Anyone knows whether she needs to apply for visa ?

Old March 7th, 2006, 09:55 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

On 7 Mar 2006 01:35:33 -0800, wrote:

I am planning to go with my friend, who is an Indonesian, to Hong Kong.
Anyone knows whether she needs to apply for visa ?

There's no need for her to get a visa for a stay of up to 30 days.

Chris
Old March 7th, 2006, 11:36 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Chris,

Thank you for your reply.

Old March 7th, 2006, 09:41 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

yes she will need a visa for any length of stay
oups.com...

Old March 7th, 2006, 10:03 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

On 7 Mar 2006 01:35:33 -0800, wrote:

I am planning to go with my friend, who is an Indonesian, to Hong Kong.
Anyone knows whether she needs to apply for visa ?

Why not phone the closest embassy and ask?? There must be one in
Singapore.

Isn't Indonesia in ASEAN? If so, why would she need a visa beforehand?

Old March 7th, 2006, 10:38 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:41:58 GMT, the renowned "pied piper"
wrote:

yes she will need a visa for any length of stay
wrote in message
roups.com...
I am planning to go with my friend, who is an Indonesian, to Hong Kong.
Anyone knows whether she needs to apply for visa ?

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/topical_4.htm

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Old March 8th, 2006, 06:18 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

wrote:

yes she will need a visa for any length of stay
wrote in message
groups.com...
I am planning to go with my friend, who is an Indonesian, to Hong Kong.
Anyone knows whether she needs to apply for visa ?

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/topical_4.htm

That link produces a list of countries which admit Hong Kong SAR
passport holders without a visa, which isn't quite what was being
asked. Perhaps you intended to post a link to this page, which shows
who needs a visa to enter Hong Kong.

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_4.htm

It clearly shows there that Indonesian citizens staying for up to 30
days don't need a visa. I don't know where pied piper is getting his
information from.

Chris
Old March 8th, 2006, 01:23 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

wrote:

yes she will need a visa for any length of stay
wrote in message
egroups.com...
I am planning to go with my friend, who is an Indonesian, to Hong Kong.
Anyone knows whether she needs to apply for visa ?

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/topical_4.htm

That link produces a list of countries which admit Hong Kong SAR
passport holders without a visa, which isn't quite what was being
asked. Perhaps you intended to post a link to this page, which shows
who needs a visa to enter Hong Kong.

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_4.htm

It clearly shows there that Indonesian citizens staying for up to 30
days don't need a visa.

Thanks for the correction!

I don't know where pied piper is getting his information from.

Chris

Possibly s/he got stuck behind a gaggle of Indonesian domestics in
immigration (they're pretty obvious when their agency herds them
around). That's happened to me more than once, and of course those
girls require work visas.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany