Jamaica to Caymans: Modes of Travel?

Old January 12th, 2004, 09:03 PM
JD

Default Jamaica to Caymans: Modes of Travel?

While in Jamaica, what are the possible ways to explore the cayman
islands. Is there a short cruise which starts in Jamaica and takes you
to all the 3 cayman islands.

I noticed that none of the big cruise lines start in Jamaica. Are
there any smaller operators that cover Jamaica and neighbouring areas.

Also, is it possible to travel by Ferry from Jamaica to Grand Cayman-
I haven't found any information on such service. By air, it seems that
there are flights between Jamaica and Grand Cayman through the
standard airlines. Where can I find information on possible slots on
charters?

JD
Old January 13th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Frank Hucklenbroich

On 12 Jan 2004 12:03:27 -0800, JD wrote:

While in Jamaica, what are the possible ways to explore the cayman
islands. Is there a short cruise which starts in Jamaica and takes you
to all the 3 cayman islands.

Never heard of any. The only port that is visited by the big cruise-ships
in Jamaica is Ocho Rios on the northern coast.

Also, is it possible to travel by Ferry from Jamaica to Grand Cayman-
I haven't found any information on such service. By air, it seems that
there are flights between Jamaica and Grand Cayman through the
standard airlines. Where can I find information on possible slots on
charters?

Why you want to travel with charter? I doubt that there are any. You could
take Air Jamaica (or Air Jamaica Express). The service is allright and it
shouldn't cost too much.

Regards,

Frank
Old January 17th, 2004, 04:24 PM
JD

Frank Hucklenbroich wrote in message . ..
On 12 Jan 2004 12:03:27 -0800, JD wrote:

While in Jamaica, what are the possible ways to explore the cayman
islands. Is there a short cruise which starts in Jamaica and takes you
to all the 3 cayman islands.

Do cruise ships pick up passengers- can one cruise going to grand
cayman pick us up in Jamaica and leave us in the Cayman. And similarly
on the way back?

Never heard of any. The only port that is visited by the big cruise-ships
in Jamaica is Ocho Rios on the northern coast.

Also, is it possible to travel by Ferry from Jamaica to Grand Cayman-
I haven't found any information on such service. By air, it seems that
there are flights between Jamaica and Grand Cayman through the
standard airlines. Where can I find information on possible slots on
charters?

Why you want to travel with charter? I doubt that there are any. You could
take Air Jamaica (or Air Jamaica Express). The service is allright and it
shouldn't cost too much.

I wanted to compare the costs between Air Jamaica and a charter.
Currently, a ticket from Jamaica to Cayman is around $300 RT by Air
Jamaica.

Regards,

Frank