Flight MH370: Still confusion about order of events, and lying aboutwaypoint navigation

Old March 18th, 2014, 03:01 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.travel.air,misc.consumers
H0me^Gvy

Default Flight MH370: Still confusion about order of events, and lying aboutwaypoint navigation

There is still considerable confusion as to the order of events on that
plane:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/03/18...es-flight.html

But the following has been repeated for several days now, and is a
complete lie:

======================
Investigators are scrutinizing radar tapes from when the plane first
departed Kuala Lumpur because they believe the tapes will show that
after the plane first changed its course, it passed through several
pre-established “waypoints,” which are like virtual mile markers in the
sky.

That would suggest the plane was under control of a knowledgeable pilot
because passing through those points without using the computer would
have been unlikely.
=======================

I guarantee 100% that if I knew or looked up the location of those
waypoints and programmed them into my 10-year-old Garmin Geko, the Geko
could easily give me a direction / heading, speed, and ETA that would
allow me to easily steer the plane to that location. I've used my Geko
on dozens if not hundreds of flights over the past 10 years, and it has
never failed to get a GPS fix from a window seat during all phases of a
flight (taxi, takeoff, and landing).

When I program the coordinates of a runway, it has given me accurate
information as to my height and ETA that correctly nails touchdown on
the runway to within 50 ft and to within seconds.

The Geko would have no problems getting a GPS satellite fix given all
the windows in the cockpit.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/reviews/geko/geko-201.jpg

Why are the "officials" and the media continuing to try to make the
public believe that civillians or terrorists wouldn't or couldn't use
hand-held GPS devices on a plane - either to know their location or to
steer a plane using them?

And a final thought:

The events and conjecture surrounding what fate this plane suffered has
driven the nail firmly into coffin of the idea that a plane full of
consumer electronic gadgets pose a threat to aircraft safety - because
not one pundit or expert has included interference with onboard systems
from passenger devices in the list of what could have happened to this
plane.