Hotel recommendation needed

Old January 13th, 2010, 10:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Default Hotel recommendation needed

Susette wrote:
On Jan 13, 4:35�pm, Rosalie B. wrote:
Sue Mullen wrote:

Marsha wrote:
On 1/10/2010 7:20 PM, Brian wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 23:06:48 -0500, Sue
wrote:
The Gallery One and the Hampton Inn are very close in price. The Gallery
One does not have free shuttles, but cabs are not that expensive in
Florida. It also does not have a free breakfast, but a continential
breakfast usually does not work for Kevin because of his diabetes. On
the plus side is that the Gallery One is suites which will be very
comfortable.
sue
Why is the breakfast a problem for someone with diabetes?
A continental breakfast usually entails mostly carb-filled stuff -
bagels, doughnuts, waffles, cereal, etc. �Not good for diabetics.
Not only carb filled, but with the wrong kind of carbs such as white flour.

IME, the Hampton Inn usually has tea, coffee, juices, hard boiled
eggs, various kinds of cereals like oatmeal, and some cold cereals
like raisin bran and cheerios, �bananas, apples and other whole fruit
in addition to the donuts, waffles etc. �It varies from place to
place. �Sometimes there's pre-made omelets, sometimes creamed chipped
beef (which wouldn't work for Kevin I guess), but the Hampton doesn't
have what I think of as a regular continental breakfast of pastries
and coffee.- Hide quoted text -

very true and rarely Hard Boiled eggs. Wish they had that as a choice
its hit and miss

I don't think I have ever seen hard boiled eggs at an buffett, except at
the allinclusive we stayed at in Mexico. Most of the less expensive
hotels it is hit or miss if there will be something Kevin can eat. If
they all had scrambled eggs or omelets, it would work. This is why we
prefer Embassy Suites or Residence Inns which "always" have good choices.

sue
Old January 14th, 2010, 02:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:55:28 -0500, Sue Mullen
wrote:

I don't think I have ever seen hard boiled eggs at an buffett, except at
the allinclusive we stayed at in Mexico. Most of the less expensive
hotels it is hit or miss if there will be something Kevin can eat. If
they all had scrambled eggs or omelets, it would work. This is why we
prefer Embassy Suites or Residence Inns which "always" have good choices.

sue

The nicest free breakfast I've seen was in Williamsburg. I think it
was a Quality Inn & Suites. It was a full cooked to order breakfast.
I wonder if they still have it.
Old January 17th, 2010, 02:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Residence has those wonderful "make it yourself" Belgian Waffles!

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951