Viking River Cruises

Old June 11th, 2005, 03:31 PM
cruzr

Default Viking River Cruises

Any info on river cruises would be appeciated. We are considering our
first.

Bp
Old June 11th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Cal Ford

Since you are just beginning the selection process my advice will be to keep in
mind that these are nothing like mainstream cruises. Very low key, calm,
relaxing, low activity level is what comes to mind. Great way to see the towns
and countryside however and much better than a traditional tour bus. We have
only done one but would do it again without hesitation.

Also, try to allow for some time before or after (or both) the cruise to
experience those cities up close and personal.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article , cruzr says...

Old June 11th, 2005, 05:33 PM
sherlock1

1. Make sure that you understand that a river cruise (I love 'em) is for
you. As noted by others it is different that an ocean cruise.

2. I have been on all the major lines and all were fine. I found that
Viking managed to be a bit better in every area (ship,food service,
etc.) and would be my first choice in the future.

--
The modern world,
Would be less snarled.

If the most important Marx,
Had been Groucho, instead of Karl.

Willis Frick
SYSOP, Sherlocktron

http://members.cox.net/sherlock1/Sherlocktron.html

Old June 11th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Al

Just returned from a Viking River Cruise in China. Our second, first was in
Russia. Viking does a superior job. Highly recommend them. I agree that
to add extra time at the beginning or end is ideal. Also agree that river
cruises are very different then others. Viking itineraries are very time
intensive but you are not required to do all the included tours.