What do Americans look like and the Germans can Keep the Speedos

Old May 15th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Sevebacala

Default What do Americans look like and the Germans can Keep the Speedos

What does an American Look like? From my Travels most young people around the
world are try very hard to emulate American styles from Fashion to Music and
food. When I was in Paris All the Algerian homeboys were heavy into the hip
hop culture heavy, listening to Rap music and wearing Nikes and break danncing
under the Effile Tower? When I would travel to Jamaica More then ten years ago
I used to go to people homes Listen to Reggae in the dark and smoke pot, I
returned here recently are now those same people watch cable MTV2 and listen
to DMX and smoke crack. I was just in the Dominican Republic for three months,
and the majority the people there are obsessed with American urban fashions.
Most of them looked more urban than my friends Bronx. AS a matter of fact, the
more I dressed in the fashion of the hip hop culture the more people thought I
was indigenous to the island !! (It did help that I was really tan) I wear
American football replica jerseys and baseball caps all the time, not because I
want to be included in the Hip Hop world but because I actually like sports,
The more I dressed like a homeboy every one thought I was Dominican even the
Dominicans. I would walk into discos and the doormen would be shocked that I
wasn't Dominican. I would be wearing Indianapolis Colts Jersey, really How
many Domincans know who Peyton Manning is? They would speak to me in their
rapid patios Spanish and when I would reply in my mangled attempt at Spanish
they would really bug out. You want my advise on how not to look like an
American, just dress like the Germans, They wear socks with sandals and
Speedos.
Old May 16th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Jessica Simpson

You want my advise on how not to look like an
American, just dress like the Germans, They
wear socks with sandals and Speedos.

Good Lord, you want to be mistaken for a German? Now THEY have a well-earned
reputation as the RUDEST tourists on the face of the earth. If a group of
kids is pushing to the front of the line, they are certainly German. If
someone is having a fit at some local, they are most highly likely to be
German.

Story: I was standing in line to check out at a hotel in St. Lucia, and a
skeletal fellow wearing slacks and a white dress shirt and holding his
cigarette like a harmonica marched past the line up to the counter and
shouts in his best "you-are-all-going-to-the-showers" German accent: "I
VANT MINE LUGGAGE UND I VANT IT NOOOOW!!!!"

Old May 16th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Thomas Stalder

Jessica Simpson wrote:
Good Lord, you want to be mistaken for a German? Now THEY have a well-earned
reputation as the RUDEST tourists on the face of the earth. If a group of
kids is pushing to the front of the line, they are certainly German. If
someone is having a fit at some local, they are most highly likely to be
German.

Again, when travelling in groups this applies for most nationalities. An
American are absolutely no exeption.
Just from your statements in these forum I can see, how much you think
(you, not Americans in general) that you are superior.

How many times have I seen tourists walking into a buddhist temple with
shoes on, just ignoring the the feelings of the monks.
Or climbing up the walls and buildings in the temples of Angkor Wat.
For a taking a picture everthing is allowed, it seems.
This is rude behaving, and Americans do it as often as others. Belive
me. I worked in restauration of such buildings and have observed a lot.

Story: I was standing in line to check out at a hotel in St. Lucia, and a
skeletal fellow wearing slacks and a white dress shirt and holding his
cigarette like a harmonica marched past the line up to the counter and
shouts in his best "you-are-all-going-to-the-showers" German accent: "I
VANT MINE LUGGAGE UND I VANT IT NOOOOW!!!!"

And from this one event you judge all Germans?

I once was finally the first in line at the checkin counter in Hanoi
airport, when suddenly the tour guide of a huge group of Japanese got
served before me, handing out a pile of passports and tickets (economy
as well) to the clerk. I had to wait another 40 minutes.
I still do not consider all japanese or tour guides to be rude.

Old May 16th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Petal & Leif

"Jessica Simpson" wrote in message

Yes, germans have a reputation of being loud. Just like americans.
Germans tend to drink a lot, and very often get into a party mood = loud.

Good Lord, you want to be mistaken for a German? Now THEY have a

well-earned
reputation as the RUDEST tourists on the face of the earth.

"you-are-all-going-to-the-showers" German accent: "

You talk about Germans being rude. But this comment you just made was far
far over the line in my opinion.
I belive you are refering to when germans sent people in to the gas chambers
in world war two. And I think this comment was very inapropriate.

Leif Arild
Norway

Old May 17th, 2004, 03:57 AM
Sevebacala

Default The Chupacabras in Sosua,

I just back from four months in the Dominican Republic and found all the
Europeans to way more obnoxious than Americans especially the Germans In Sosua,
I was there almost everyday the German act like animals. They are nothing but a
bunch of pedophiles. They have no respect for the locals. They literally ****
all overt hem . There is a whole community of Germans that own business down
in the Dominican Republic. I personally made a point of Boycotting them. I
was in one German restaurant and wanted to buy a homeless kid a hamburger and
the owner would not serve him. If you ask any Dominican, what they think of the
Germans their ****ed up attitude they will respond y saying that they are
nothing but a group of heartless leeches that are exploiting the them, milking
their country, because they are poor there is nothing they can do but tolerate
them. And we thought the days of Imperialism were over? I pray for the day
when the Dominican rise up and kick those Nazis out of their country or maybe
better yet round them all up and put them in ovens. They would be doing the
whole world a favor