All Inclusive Holidays

Old April 21st, 2005, 09:49 PM
Martin Harran

Default All Inclusive Holidays

My son (from Ireland) is getting married next year and is looking at an 'All
Inclusive'
holiday in Barbados for his honeymoon.

I've heard bad reports on these all inclusive deals and would appreciate
people's experiences of and opinions on them in general.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 03:19 AM
cnospam

We have been going to all-inclusives (mostly Sandals) for the past 15 years.
We love it and prefer it to cruising and other holidays. We like to see
things on our trips but it is nice to go to an all-inclusive and relax. You
put away your wallet (unless you plan to go offsite) for the whole trip with
no suprise bill at the end.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 01:46 PM
Martin Harran

"cnospam" wrote in message
. ..
We have been going to all-inclusives (mostly Sandals) for the past 15
years.
We love it and prefer it to cruising and other holidays. We like to see
things on our trips but it is nice to go to an all-inclusive and relax.
You
put away your wallet (unless you plan to go offsite) for the whole trip
with
no suprise bill at the end.

The sort of bad comments I've heard are that you get treated like second
class
guests, segregated from guests who are paying as they go, with silly things
like cheap plastic glasses for drink instead of proper ones - the hotel
staff don't give a damn about you as you won't be spending any more money.

Also, that there can be problems in hotel bars due to some individuals
abusing the unlimited drinks option, being constantly ****ed and annoying
everyone else.

Any experience of those sort of problems?

Old April 22nd, 2005, 08:07 PM
Mike H

In a word, no....
In probably 20 visits to All inclusive resorts, I can only think
of one case of a guest being so intoxicated that he was
a noticeable problem. And he was drunk before he even got off the
bus from the airport to the resort.

Conversely, I've found that at most AI resorts the staff and
guests tend to cooperate and get along better than at normal
resorts. Perhaps there is not as much as a "hired hand"
attitude among the staff. Now, the one exception I can think
of (and also the one case of the intoxicated guest) was in Jamaica.
There we did find the staff to be relatively un-helpful.
We haven't gone back there.

Mike

Martin Harran wrote:
. ..

Old April 22nd, 2005, 08:07 PM
Brian K

On 04/22/2005 8:46 AM Martin Harran wrote:

"cnospam" wrote in message

[...]

Many All Inclusive Resorts are exclusive and don't have any "pay as you
go" guests. True there are some that may not be up to standard. Word
quickly spreads. By and large most 5 and 6 star AI Resorts are
excellent stays. My experience has mostly been in Mexico (Riviera Maya -
Cancun to Tulum), but there are companies you can usually depend on
being a good experience. Sandals with only the exception of Sandals
Montego Bay - Jamaica (too close to airport), cater to couples and have
wedding packages.

Iberostar, Best Day are usually good. While you don't have to book
through them, Apple Vacations has a really good site to view AI resorts,
accommodations, location and photos throughout the Caribbean.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

Old April 22nd, 2005, 10:39 PM
G&G

Our favorite all-inclusives are Grand Lido, Negril, and Paradisus Playa
Conchal in Costa Rica.