Time to stop flying?

Old April 21st, 2008, 09:51 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

Default Time to stop flying?

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:21:30 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:

Mr. Travel writes:

The FAA doesn't care what toys pilots when they are not getting OFFICIAL
FAA approved training.

The FAA doesn't fly the plane; the pilot does.

In the US, not without FAA approval.

Been a couple of cases where a plane was flown without FAA approval. Been a
few joyrides by people in stolen planes.

Your name isn't really San Quentin Bill is it?
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:53 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Mike....[_4_]

Following up to Calif Bill

My statement was in a normal loop or roll in the real AT-6 you did not
notice a change in the G force. Pretty much stays 1 G for the complete
maneuver.

right, it was unrelated to MSFS,
--
"Mike....."(not "Mike")
remove clothing to email
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:27 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Calif Bill

"John Kulp" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:21:30 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote in message
m...
Mxsmanic wrote:

Mr. Travel writes:

The FAA doesn't care what toys pilots when they are not getting
OFFICIAL
FAA approved training.

The FAA doesn't fly the plane; the pilot does.

In the US, not without FAA approval.

Been a couple of cases where a plane was flown without FAA approval. Been
few joyrides by people in stolen planes.

Your name isn't really San Quentin Bill is it?

Not me doing the airplane joyriding. Only car I use to steal was my older
brother's.

Old April 27th, 2008, 08:48 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
Mister B

On Apr 8, 8:42 am, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 04:51:20 on
Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Mxsmanic remarked:

they're ****. Just a set of $10 headphones with an extra twenty cents worth
of foam on each side. The impressive part about bose company is that they
sell them for hundreds of dollars. There's one born every minute.

You're saying that they sell noise-cancelling headphones that don't actually
contain any form of active noise cancellation?

Active noise cancellation is rubbish too. I bought a set, and while they
did reduce the background "throbbing" noise from the engines slightly,
they don't have any effect on "random" noises like people talking or
announcements (the latter a particular problem on some trains, rather
than planes).
--
Roland Perry

You must have bought the wrong sort, then, I have a pair that I use on
long distance flights and they add considerably to my comfort. (Some
airlines provide them, at least in Business, but not all.) As you say,
they don't cut out talking, so they are no use for work in, say, an
open-plan office, but for reducing engine noise in a plane they are
excellent.

B;
Old April 27th, 2008, 10:23 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
Roland Perry[_1_]

In message
, at
00:48:43 on Sun, 27 Apr 2008, Mister B
remarked:
Active noise cancellation is rubbish too. I bought a set, and while they
did reduce the background "throbbing" noise from the engines slightly,
they don't have any effect on "random" noises like people talking or
announcements (the latter a particular problem on some trains, rather
than planes).

You must have bought the wrong sort, then, I have a pair that I use on
long distance flights and they add considerably to my comfort. (Some
airlines provide them, at least in Business, but not all.) As you say,
they don't cut out talking, so they are no use for work in, say, an
open-plan office,

What we concluded was that the £50 ones (like I was suckered into buying
- and a famous brand too) are rubbish, even at the background noise.

but for reducing engine noise in a plane they are excellent.

But there are more expensive ones which are better. And that we don't
all want to spend quite so much money.
--
Roland Perry
Old April 27th, 2008, 01:52 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
Joseph Coulter[_3_]

Roland Perry wrote in
:

What we concluded was that the £50 ones (like I was suckered into
buying - and a famous brand too) are rubbish, even at the background
noise.

but for reducing engine noise in a plane they are excellent.

But there are more expensive ones which are better. And that we don't
all want to spend quite so much money.

I bought my sennheisser 300 (50?)'s on Ebay for about $100 and I love them

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Old April 27th, 2008, 02:10 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
Roland Perry[_1_]

In message 36, at
07:52:00 on Sun, 27 Apr 2008, Joseph Coulter
remarked:

What we concluded was that the £50 ones (like I was suckered into
buying - and a famous brand too) are rubbish, even at the background
noise.

but for reducing engine noise in a plane they are excellent.

But there are more expensive ones which are better. And that we don't
all want to spend quite so much money.

I bought my sennheisser 300

Can't be 300's they are only £30.

(50?)'s on Ebay for about $100 and I love them

Probably 350's then. Currently selling for £150 in online shops, which
is way above my budget. Glad you got a bargain on eBay.

--
Roland Perry
Old April 27th, 2008, 02:36 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
Joseph Coulter[_3_]

Roland Perry wrote in
:

In message 36, at
07:52:00 on Sun, 27 Apr 2008, Joseph Coulter
remarked:

What we concluded was that the £50 ones (like I was suckered into
buying - and a famous brand too) are rubbish, even at the background
noise.

but for reducing engine noise in a plane they are excellent.

But there are more expensive ones which are better. And that we don't
all want to spend quite so much money.

I bought my sennheisser 300

Can't be 300's they are only £30.

(50?)'s on Ebay for about $100 and I love them

Probably 350's then. Currently selling for £150 in online shops, which
is way above my budget. Glad you got a bargain on eBay.

I meant to add that I have had bad experiences with noise canceller's too.
The Phillips ear bud version are totally useless. I have tried the upper
end Bose and was blown away, but the price tag is also stratuspheric.

Old April 27th, 2008, 04:04 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 10:23:28 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

With bose you get the best of both worlds. Nice simple technology and materials
like you see in a $60 pair of headphones, but a $350 price tag so you can have
that special feeling of pride that comes from having spent too much. When the
plug to cord connection goes intermittant in a year, you can feel that the $100
repair bill isn't so bad since the headphones cost $350.