****ty exchange rate, any place in europe worth visiting?

Old July 21st, 2008, 11:56 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_2_]

Default ****ty exchange rate, any place in europe worth visiting?

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:52:31 +0530, grusl wrote:

Especially as neither country knows anything about beer. Drink wine.

Some Alsatian beers are very good, and some south Tyrolean ones too.
--
Tim C.
Old July 21st, 2008, 11:56 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_2_]

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:49:01 +0200, Martin wrote:

I paid Euro 5.50 for a half litre beer at a beach cafe in Katwijk.

8-O

--
Tim C.
Old July 21st, 2008, 12:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike.....[_5_]

Following up to Tim C.

Euro 5 for a half litre beer in France and Italy. That's horrific in my
book.

drink wine?

It's even more expensive. :-(

In that case go to spain. I'm assuming this is in a cafe?
--
Mike........
remove clothing to email
Old July 21st, 2008, 12:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
grusl[_3_]

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
Markku Grönroos wrote:

"grusl" kirjoitti
.. .

"Tim C." wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 07:06:10 +0100, Mike..... wrote:

After the exchange rate, what problems are you expecting?

Euro 5 for a half litre beer in France and Italy. That's horrific in
my
book.

Especially as neither country knows anything about beer. Drink wine.

What an odd remark! And very untrue also.

Espoecially if you use it as a mixer with voddy!

What? Vodka and beer?

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old July 21st, 2008, 12:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
grusl[_3_]

"Tim C." wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:49:01 +0200, Martin wrote:

I paid Euro 5.50 for a half litre beer at a beach cafe in Katwijk.

8-O

In June I paid EUR8 for a 330ml bottle of Mahou on the terrace of a very
swish Madrid hotel.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old July 21st, 2008, 12:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

grusl wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
Markku Grönroos wrote:

"grusl" kirjoitti
.. .

"Tim C." wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 07:06:10 +0100, Mike..... wrote:

After the exchange rate, what problems are you expecting?

Euro 5 for a half litre beer in France and Italy. That's horrific in
my
book.

Especially as neither country knows anything about beer. Drink wine.

What an odd remark! And very untrue also.

Espoecially if you use it as a mixer with voddy!

What? Vodka and beer?

If you're Markkku, sure! I think I climed over him a few times on my
recent trip...

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the
Old July 21st, 2008, 12:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

"grusl" kirjoitti
.. .

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
Markku Grönroos wrote:

"grusl" kirjoitti
.. .

"Tim C." wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 07:06:10 +0100, Mike..... wrote:

After the exchange rate, what problems are you expecting?

Euro 5 for a half litre beer in France and Italy. That's horrific in
my
book.

Especially as neither country knows anything about beer. Drink wine.

What an odd remark! And very untrue also.

Espoecially if you use it as a mixer with voddy!

What? Vodka and beer?

The other chap doesn't seem to spoil good stuff with chasers.

Old July 21st, 2008, 12:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
grusl[_3_]

"Tim C." wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:52:31 +0530, grusl wrote:

Especially as neither country knows anything about beer. Drink wine.

Some Alsatian beers are very good, and some south Tyrolean ones too.

Could you have carved out any tinier quarters of either country to find
exceptions? And could it have anything to do with the relatively recent
Germanic heritage of both places?

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old July 21st, 2008, 12:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
grusl[_3_]

grusl wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
Markku Grönroos wrote:

"grusl" kirjoitti
.. .

"Tim C." wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 07:06:10 +0100, Mike..... wrote:

After the exchange rate, what problems are you expecting?

Euro 5 for a half litre beer in France and Italy. That's horrific
in
my
book.

Especially as neither country knows anything about beer. Drink wine.

What an odd remark! And very untrue also.

Espoecially if you use it as a mixer with voddy!

What? Vodka and beer?

If you're Markkku, sure! I think I climed over him a few times on my
recent trip...

To get to someone else, I hope.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old July 21st, 2008, 12:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike.....[_5_]

Following up to grusl

In June I paid EUR8 for a 330ml bottle of Mahou on the terrace of a very
swish Madrid hotel.

I paid £15 for a pot of tea in a posh english hotel.
--
remove clothing to email