Lengthening, of Enchantment of the Seas!

Old August 3rd, 2004, 04:20 PM
*bicker*

Default Lengthening, of Enchantment of the Seas!

A Tue, 03 Aug 2004 01:29:08 GMT, "Tom & Linda"
escribió:
One cruise may make you expert enough to read messages. But it might not be
enough to be able to adequately judge what someone else is saying.

Well, let's be clearer. If we're talking about business,
reading messages and going on cruises doesn't provide as
much insight as actually working with lots of business
leaders in a variety of countries and industries.

Since
many of us have multiple cruises (some up to 50+), we tend to look at things
from a broader perspective.

However, distinctly customer-biased. Rightfully so,
perhaps, but that's all-the-more reason for a strong
balancing perspective from the business standpoint.

With only one sailing, it can't give you a
perspective on different lines. It can't give you a perspective in
different itineraries - like Europe, Bermuda, Alaska, Caribbean, etc.

And you won't see me making qualitative comparative
statements. Everything I have said has been with respect to
the way companies interact with markets; I haven't said
anything about how HAL compares to NCL, or how one itinerary
is affected by certain factors while another is not.

When I read comments from someone who's only ever been on one line... I do
the same "rolling eyes". They have nothing to compare to.

When I read comments from folks who haven't helped run
large, customer-facing companies, I feel the same way.

I think you need (like Bill Parcells used to say) a few pelts on your belt,
before you can play expert here.

What is need here is a few CEOs or CFOs of multi-million
dollar businesses, who cruise a lot on vacation. Until
then, we'll have to make due to the partial knowledge we
each can contribute.

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html
Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:06 PM
JEFFCOUD

Bring back the old standards of food and lack of obvious
revenue enhancers and see how much she'd draw. Or, they could have
bought one of the ex Ren ships.

They'd have to get rid of the ersatz Laura Ashley decor first to make it fit
into the fleet!

Jeff

Old August 3rd, 2004, 10:43 PM
Charles

In article . net,
Benjamin Smith wrote:

My comments go in two areas. For the typical customer I'm in the camp
that wants to address nickel and diming and homogeneity. I'd like to
hear people brainstorm for (profitable and effective) alternative means
of revenue to art auctions and inch of gold sales. Also, is there a
sizable market for smaller ships in the mass market?

The typical customer does not mind the inch of gold sales or art
auctions. They sell a lot of that crap. Also I don't think there is a
sizable market for smaller ships. The typical customer wants all the
amenities. The smaller size of Zenith was a major complaint I heard
when I sailed on it.

--
Charles

Old August 3rd, 2004, 10:52 PM
Benjamin Smith

JEFFCOUD wrote:

Bring back the old standards of food and lack of obvious
revenue enhancers and see how much she'd draw. Or, they could have
bought one of the ex Ren ships.

They'd have to get rid of the ersatz Laura Ashley decor first to make it fit
into the fleet!

Princess hasn't changed them, it seems. Strange decor for Princess ships.

Ben

Jeff

Old August 3rd, 2004, 10:57 PM
Tom & Linda

. ..
escribió:
One cruise may make you expert enough to read messages. But it might

not be
enough to be able to adequately judge what someone else is saying.

Well, let's be clearer. If we're talking about business,
reading messages and going on cruises doesn't provide as
much insight as actually working with lots of business
leaders in a variety of countries and industries.

I wasn't talking about business. That was Ben.

snip

I think you need (like Bill Parcells used to say) a few pelts on your

belt,
before you can play expert here.

What is need here is a few CEOs or CFOs of multi-million
dollar businesses, who cruise a lot on vacation. Until
then, we'll have to make due to the partial knowledge we
each can contribute.

We were on St.Thomas about 7-8 years ago and were docked next to the Cunard
Sea Godess. At the time she was one of those ultra ritzy mega yacht type
ship. Big bucks per night. Champagne (Dom) or Vodka and caviar served on
the beach by guys in tuxedo tops and bathing suit bottoms.

All the people who boarded her flew in on private jets that morning. And
all the people who debarked flew away in their private jets in the
afternoon. It was one long line of stretch limos after another bring the
rich and wealthy to and from the ship.

The CEO's and CFO's do cruise. Just not on the lines we go on. Theirs is a
different world.

Though I'm curious... whey do they have "more" partial knowledge than each
of us? I don't understand your last paragraph.

--Tom