A Longer Vision

Old June 26th, 2004, 12:25 AM
Cruising Chrissy

Default GGC2005 VOTING RESULTS

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:05:42 GMT, Lloyd Parsons
wrote:

He won't spank me either.

I dunno....

Will that be one cheek or two? G

One.........at a time.
Old June 26th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

You are assuming she is using a newsreader. Unfortunatly she is posting
from Google Groups.

You are so observant, Charles!
Sorry Jo-Ann! ;-(

--Jean

Old June 26th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On 25 Jun 2004 14:22:47 -0700, (Jo-Ann)
wrote:

But you are right, it will be put to rest...unless somebody says
something that I just can't resist responding to!!!LOL

nonny nonny boo boo

sticking tongue out
Old June 26th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Jo-Ann

Hi Jo-Ann!
Why don't you just hit "reply to group" and then with your cursor, darken
what you do not want to include in your message, then click on "cut" and it
will leave you just the area that you want to reply to? Lots easier than
cutting and pasting!

--Jean

Jean, yes, I've done that too. But apparently people are saying it
still looks like I've said it, and not like I'm "highlighting" what
someone else has said. I just did it with your post; is it
understandable? I would think it would be, but others have told me
it's not.

Jo-Ann
Old June 26th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Charles

In article , Jo-Ann
wrote:

Jean, yes, I've done that too. But apparently people are saying it
still looks like I've said it, and not like I'm "highlighting" what
someone else has said. I just did it with your post; is it
understandable? I would think it would be, but others have told me
it's not.

Your reply to Jean, the one I am replying to now looked fine. The
others did not. You did something different this time.

--
Charles
Old June 26th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jo-Ann wrote:
Hi Jo-Ann!
Why don't you just hit "reply to group" and then with your cursor, darken
what you do not want to include in your message, then click on "cut" and it
will leave you just the area that you want to reply to? Lots easier than
cutting and pasting!

--Jean

Jean, yes, I've done that too. But apparently people are saying it
still looks like I've said it, and not like I'm "highlighting" what
someone else has said. I just did it with your post; is it
understandable? I would think it would be, but others have told me
it's not.

Jo-Ann, Whatever you did with this post, it is very clear and easy to
figure out who said what.

sue

Old June 26th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Lloyd Parsons

Mary, they weren't maligning your abacus, it was the method chosen to
do the vote that they didn't like.

Lloyd

In article , Mary Foster
wrote:

The votes were public, go and count them if you doubt the count.
Mary --- Resents having her abacus maligned!

Reef Fish wrote:
Lloyd Parsons wrote in message
. ..

In article , Cruising
Chrissy wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:59:31 GMT, Lloyd Parsons
wrote:

Congratulations to Peter for winning this years GGC cruise selection.

LOL

Amazing.

I'm sure I'm gonna regret this, but what do you find amazing about it?

Lloyd

I don't have the slightest idea what Crissy finds amazing (actually
that's not entirely true :-)), but I DO find many things "amazing"
about this "voting" and result in RTC:

1. The composition of the Committee itself. And how it was (has been)
undemocratically selected.

2. Newsgroups have established methods of VOTING by ng readers,
with discussion. While the notion of RFD is primarily for the
vote on ng charter matters, the same format and voting methods
have been used for other ng voting issues and counts. That
would at least make the process have the APPEARANCE of
democracy and proper representation of the ng participants.

3. The TRAVEL AGENT, Ray Goldenberg, whom I thought (after hearing
all the glowing endorcement of his ADS in RTC) was RTC-god --
where was he in this affair?

4. Last but not least, I was struck (long before I read this thread)
by an "advice" by Peter Berlin for a traveller to get to Miami
a day BEFORE the cruise, on this question asked in RTC:

* Is it realistic to arrive in Miami at 12:40 PM for a cruise that
* leaves from Miami the same day at 5 PM

I gave this follow-up to the same question of the original enquirer:

RF The cruiseship terminals in Miami are only a 15 minute cab ride
RF from the MIA airport. So, even if your plane or luggage is
RF delayed 3 hours, the risk is still minimal that you'll miss
RF your cruise departure time.

Could Peter Berlin be so ignorant about the travel time between
the MIA airport and a cruiseship pier?

Could Peter Berlin be working for his commission for booking
HOTELS in Miami to give such a bum advice to the enquirer?

AMAZING indeed.

-- Bob.

Old June 27th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Jo-Ann

Charles, I just hit the "respond to this post" button, rather than cut
and paste. I thought cut and paste would look "neater" but apparently
I was mistaken. I'll use this method from now on.

Jo-An