Passports

Old June 8th, 2007, 03:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default Passports

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 23:13:03 -0400, Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

Is this something new because of the backlog? I had been under the
impression that they were requiring all passengers to have passports
now. The rules change so often it is hard to keep track.lol

Hi Sue,

Nothing new. It has been this way all year.

OK, thanks.

sue
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Neal Eckhardt

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 20:57:20 -0400, "Rick" wrote:

"sheree" wrote in message
sounds like fun!!

i order mike's renewal 3 weeks ago for our sept 1 trip. I hope it gets
here!!
sheee

We applied for a renewal passport for our 20-year old daughter on March
16th. It is now going on 12 weeks and we still don't have it. When we
check online, it just says the passport is "in process". When we try to
call the passport 800 number, we get a message that says to try later. When
we email them, we get an answer in about three or four days that only says
it is in process. We are traveling June 24th, but fortunately it is only a
cruise (no airfare) so we can use her birth certificate and driver license
if we don't have the passport.

I am curious, though. For anyone who received their passports this week,
what was your application date?

And let's not forget, you no longer have your "certified" birth
certificate when you send it in with you passport application.

Neal
Old June 8th, 2007, 09:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 15:42:44 -0400, Neal Eckhardt
wrote:

And let's not forget, you no longer have your "certified" birth
certificate when you send it in with you passport application.

Hi Neal,

A very good point. It is prudent to have at least one extra
"certified copy" of your birth certificate.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old June 9th, 2007, 02:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

wrote:

And let's not forget, you no longer have your "certified" birth
certificate when you send it in with you passport application.

Hi Neal,

A very good point. It is prudent to have at least one extra
"certified copy" of your birth certificate.

Best regards,
Ray

Yes, and fortunately they are cheaper to get, and much faster.

Bill
Old June 9th, 2007, 03:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rick[_5_]

"sheree" wrote in message
[...]

Fortunately, in our case we didn't have to send in the birth certificate,
since it was a renewal. We just had to send in the old passport.

Old June 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Last year my aunt waited for 3 months for a passport. She contacted her
congressman and received it the next day. That was before all this new
stuff....I wonder if it would work today.
Have a great weekend.
Ellie

Leaving July 24th on Celebrity's land/cruise to Alaska. Anyone else on
this trip?

Old June 9th, 2007, 05:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article ,
wrote:

Last year my aunt waited for 3 months for a passport. She contacted her
congressman and received it the next day. That was before all this new
stuff....I wonder if it would work today.
Have a great weekend.

They have had several stories about this on the news the last two days
and some who were very close to their trip date without passport did
report getting their passport in the nick of time by contacting their
congressman. Anyone in that situation should try that.

--
Charles
Old June 9th, 2007, 07:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Frank F. Matthews

Charles wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Last year my aunt waited for 3 months for a passport. She contacted her
congressman and received it the next day. That was before all this new
stuff....I wonder if it would work today.
Have a great weekend.

They have had several stories about this on the news the last two days
and some who were very close to their trip date without passport did
report getting their passport in the nick of time by contacting their
congressman. Anyone in that situation should try that.

That's the kind of intervention that congress critters have big staffs
to take care of. I would suggest that giving them a couple of weeks to
work with would help your results.

Old June 10th, 2007, 01:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Peri wrote:

Thanks, Becca. Neither the kids nor I have ever been and we are all SO
excited.

It will be nice to spend some leisure time with the kids, and to explore
new territory together. It sounds like fun. I hope you take lots of
photos, then post them to Webshots so we can all enjoy them. g

Becca
Old June 10th, 2007, 02:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dan Wenz

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

sheree wrote:

i order mike's renewal 3 weeks ago for our sept 1 trip. I hope it
gets here!!

We have 12 weeks before our Sept. 1 cruise and Mike should have his
passport in plenty of time. We sent our renewals in 6 weeks ago and
figure another 4 to 6 weeks before we get it.

sue

12 weeks so far for my 3 grandchildren and not in yet. Really don't need
them since we won't be flying barring a medical emergency on the
Grandeur of the Seas. Problem is that the State Dept. has their birth
certificates, which RCCL requires, so new ones have to be purchased :-(