Royal Carribean question

Old September 4th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Fred

Well excuse me everyone

I for one do/did not spend thousands to watch TV. I spend all that money to
get away from it all. Maybe all of you should pick a better time to cruise
if watching TV is that important to you.

In other threads you all talk out the other side of your mouths wanting to

Forked tongue, Other face, kettle black, ect.

..

"Dick Goldhaber" wrote in message
We had the same problem last year on HAL to Hawaii. We had ESPN in the
cabin but Fox had the World Series, and thus all we could get was an

update
on the score on the hour and half hour.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ
ojunk

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
t...

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article . net,

Pete
Platis wrote:

Can anyone explain why they were unable to show the Olympic
Games onboard a cruise to Bermuda?. Alot of passengers were ****ED.

The reason is that NBC broadcast the games because NBC owns the

rights.
RCI does not get NBC on their satellite feed, so they were unable to
show the games.

--

On the Caribbean Princess, Linda and the kids saw Olympics coverage on

the
large poolside screen, via a BBC coverage link.

NBC only owns the US rights. I'm surprised they couldn't get an
international coverage pick up.

--Tom

Old September 4th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Pete Platis

"Fred" wrote in message
Well excuse me everyone

I for one do/did not spend thousands to watch TV. I spend all that money

get away from it all. Maybe all of you should pick a better time to cruise
if watching TV is that important to you.

You're oversimplifying . Going on cruise doesn't necessarily mean
that we MUST cut ourselves off from the rest of the world , as you imply we
"should" do. On the contrary there are some of us who would like to keep
updated on things such as the Olympics and/or sporting and news events in
general, even if only for a few moments a day. If you REALLY wanted to "get
away from it all" you'd have mentioned going hunting for Marco Polo sheep
in Nepal or a hike through Alaska's vast wilderness or something along those
lines. If you think "getting away from it all" is being waited on hand and
foot by a waitor, attending formal dinners and being surrounded by a few
thousand people on a ship then you're a pussy.

Have a great day.

.

"Dick Goldhaber" wrote in message
We had the same problem last year on HAL to Hawaii. We had ESPN in the
cabin but Fox had the World Series, and thus all we could get was an

update
on the score on the hour and half hour.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ
ojunk

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
t...

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article . net,

Pete

Old September 4th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Pete Platis

"Fred" wrote in message
[...]

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
t...

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article . net,

Pete

Old September 4th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Kurt Ullman

In article . net,
"Pete Platis" wrote:

general, even if only for a few moments a day. If you REALLY wanted to "get
away from it all" you'd have mentioned going hunting for Marco Polo sheep
in Nepal or a hike through Alaska's vast wilderness or something along those
lines.

I don't know.I was in a gur 90 minutes outside of Ulanbutar
Mongolia watching the OJ verdict on Cnn International. I think you
have to try harder than many realize to truly get a way from it all.

--
A moral compass needs a butt end. Whatever direction France is pointing--
from collaboration with the Nazis, acccomodation with the Communists,

Old September 4th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Pete Platis

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article . net,
"Pete Platis" wrote:

general, even if only for a few moments a day. If you REALLY wanted to

"get
away from it all" you'd have mentioned going hunting for Marco Polo

sheep
in Nepal or a hike through Alaska's vast wilderness or something along

those
lines.

I don't know.I was in a gur 90 minutes outside of Ulanbutar

Mongolia watching the OJ verdict on Cnn International.

................and anyone on a Royal Caribbean cruise probably didn't.

I think you
have to try harder than many realize to truly get a way from it all.

If you turned off the T.V. where you were in Mongolia, you were
away from it all but you just didn't realize it. How was the mutton soup,
like it?.

Old September 4th, 2004, 10:11 PM
RTCReferee

Freddyp wrote:

Well excuse me everyone
I for one do/did not spend thousands to watch TV. I spend all that money to
get away from it all. Maybe all of you should pick a better time to cruise
if watching TV is that important to you.

In other threads you all talk out the other side of your mouths wanting

Forked tongue, Other face, kettle black, ect

Speaking for myself, I enjoy a more traditional cruise with some television
coverage, just as there was always some TV coverage 20 years ago, by the way.
We started cruising then and there has always been a TV in every cabin we have
ever had. If there's a MAJOR news story breaking, I would like to have some
access to a video feed of that coverage, whether it is in the cabin or in the
theater (of ships that have those).

Neither of us has any interest whatsoever in following sports events of any
kind while cruising, and we wouldn't like to hear a bunch of noisy sports nuts
going crazy watching a big screen in the middle of public areas, possibly
drowning out other meetings or conversations in the vicinity, though I have no
problem at all with such coverage being broadcast in a Sports Bar set aside for
that purpose. I don't have an opinion about whether it is offered in the cabin
for those interested unless that would increase the price of our cruisefares.
If it increases our fares, I don't want it, because I would prefer for
increases to go to better quality food for all in the main dining room.

I like the closed circuit shows put on by the cruise staff, and that there are
some movies available in the cabin. Keep in mind that on every cruise there
are people who become ill and cannot leave their cabins. In those cases most
of all, I think there should be some TV in the cabin. And it is traditional
for a TV to be in the cabin.

No forked tongue here.