Sleazy3 Review October 31- Nov.7, 2004

Old November 16th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
A three megapixel is fine for 4 by 6 photos. It might be okay for 8 by
10 but never had a three megapixel so I am not sure. Compromises with
compact cameras are small flashes, red eye, proprietary battery and you
need a spare. They are good for about 130 or so shots before they need
to be recharged. The big plus of these small cameras is as Tom
mentioned that they are great for carrying everywhere.
--
Charles

Charles, I doubt that I would enlarge any of the photos..Where is the flash
located on the camera? I believe someone mentioned in an earlier post that
it should not be at the top of the camera because of red eye and should be
mounted on the side....The Pentax IQZoom 90mc (38mm-90mm) that I have used
for years is good about no red eye..I used it for the pictures on the
Sleazy3. When I return from the cruise, I am going to look in earnest for a
digital and appreciate all your help...

--Jean

Old November 17th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Tom & Linda

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

We did it with the Viking group, so that might have changed some of the
dynamics.

I think being with the Viking group would change the dynamic. I think
being in a group would change the dynamic on any cruise. Even being
part of a Cruise Critic meet and mingles changed the dynamics on
several cruises I have been on. Positively, so I always join those roll
calls. When I went on the two Voyager class and three Grand Princess
class cruises the CC meets did not exist.

Plus, on the Navigator, we were such a large group (this time we're much
smaller) that there was always someone from the group that you'd run into on
the Royal Promenade, just about any time of the day or night.

--Tom

Old November 17th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Tom & Linda

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

Old November 17th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Linsifer

I have the Canon PowerShot 70 and I love that one. Very user-friendly with a
surprising number of manual modes for a P&S camera. 3.2 mega pixels. 3x optical
zoom.

Lindsay

jtc wrote:

I have the Canon Powershot A80; 4 megapixel and truly enjoy using it. I
agree that having Optical zoom is critical mine is
3.0; I have a viewfinder. thanks
Old November 17th, 2004, 01:53 PM
sheree

you also have the digital zoom, the pictures i have cropped have come out
great.

--
Sheree

"Lee Lindquist" wrote in message

i have the olympus 740 it's "only" 3 pixels but the pictures are cleaer

I wouldn't think this would leave much room for cropping.

--
- Lee

Old November 17th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Ermalee

I also have a Canon Powershot. Its the S200 Digital Elph.
It's tiny, handy, easy to use and takes good pictures. Tom Gauldin
bought this same one for his daughter; Ed Shuster also had the
Canon PowerShot. Our granddaughter saw mine and had to have
one too.

Ermalee ---a living commercial for Canon :-)

Old November 18th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On 14 Nov 2004 07:12:01 -0800, Jo-Ann wrote:

We bring all four boys and they can each bring a
friend (although the friends have to pay their own fare).

Boys sleep with the girlies?