Posting complaints about Carnival

Old December 29th, 2004, 10:49 PM
jsmith

Default Posting complaints about Carnival

Having just experienced a very disappointing cruise on the Carnival Destiny
I have been drawn to read other threads that have mentioned Carnival ships,
most of which have been negative. It would be interesting to hear of other
experiences involving this cruise line.

Old December 29th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Don & Lynn

We have 20 cruises, none on Carnival, and from what we hear, we never will.

news:1104360077.8d76ec172dc0e3845bf6c943b24f9fb3@s onicnews...

Old December 29th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Tom & Linda

"jsmith" wrote in message
news:1104360077.8d76ec172dc0e3845bf6c943b24f9fb3@s onicnews...
Having just experienced a very disappointing cruise on the Carnival
Destiny
I have been drawn to read other threads that have mentioned Carnival
ships,
most of which have been negative. It would be interesting to hear of other
experiences involving this cruise line.

The Carnival experience is something that can be a good fit for someone, or
a bad fit for someone. We're big fans of Celebrity and Princess, and have
been pretty satisfied with RCI and NCL.

We went on Destiny about 4 years ago. It was our first Carnival cruise, and
our last. It's just not for us. We prefer the type of cruise that
Celebrity and Princess deliver. They're more into a "chic, pampering, a
more elegant, relaxed experience". Plus I think Celebrity's food is far
superior to Carnival (though others disagree - some here particularly like
the sandwiches you can get in the Carnival Buffet).

It comes down to fit. Carnival doesn't fit us, but it does fit others very
well.

I've beat up Carnival in the past, but quite frankly, the people who love
the Carnival type experience could just as easily not like the Celebrity
type experience. It comes down to personal style and how it works for you.

You don't say why the cruise was disappointing, but if it was, I guess you
have to ask if it was the Carnival experience you found disappointing, or
simply problems with that particular sailing.

Maybe you just need to try a different line next time. And talk to your TA.
Relay the reasons you were disappointed and ask them to make other
recommendations. For what it's worth, our TA at the time was very clear to
explain that Carnival was not going to provide the type of experience that
we were used to with Celebrity and Princess. While we asked him to do the
booking, he wanted to be clear that he didn't want to be held responsible.

--Tom

Old December 29th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:49:32 -0500, jsmith wrote:

Having just experienced a very disappointing cruise on the Carnival Destiny
I have been drawn to read other threads that have mentioned Carnival ships,
most of which have been negative. It would be interesting to hear of other
experiences involving this cruise line.

What disappoints one doesn't phase another. What were your specific
disappointments?
Old December 29th, 2004, 11:28 PM

I think anymore it's very difficult to generalize cruiselines. I've
been on Carnival cruises that I loved, and some I didn't.
Specifically, the Destiny was my least favorite.

I think a lot depends on what your expectations are, and by that, I
don't mean high expectations vs. low expectations. I mean what type of
vacation do you envision? Are you looking for high energy and the
level of personal service is less important to you? Or is quality of
food (although Carnival is actually quite good in this department) and
pampering more your style? Do you prefer moderately priced balcony
cabins, or are you comfortable in a smaller, inside cabin on a more
premium cruiseline? I personally love Princess but will be going on
our first Celebrity cruise in a couple of months. But we've done
Carnival and Royal Caribbean and liked them too, but for different
reasons.

I think a cruise experience can vary not just by cruiselines, but by
individual ships. We loved the Triumph, Imagination, and Legend. We
didn't care for our Destiny cruise. I'm hoping we like the Liberty, as
we're booked for next September for a 12 day European cruise.

I guess you can say we consider ourselves equal opportunity cruisers.

Jo-Ann
nicehuman wrote:
We went on the Carnival Triumph and had a very good cruise. Two

years later
we went on the Carnival Miracle. It was only fair and I would not

recommend
it.

Old December 29th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

jsmith wrote:

Having just experienced a very disappointing cruise on the Carnival Destiny
I have been drawn to read other threads that have mentioned Carnival ships,
most of which have been negative. It would be interesting to hear of other
experiences involving this cruise line.

What was it that you found so disappointing?

We just recently sailed on the Conquest and the only negative thing
was the smoke in all the lounges. There may of been other small
negatives, but mostly it was a very good cruise and the fool was very
good.

sue
Old December 29th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Jim

We have 24 cruises now and 15 on Carnival and of those 15 we have had one
set of bad waiters and one poor CD and two stewards that were not very good
but also still acceptable. On all the others we have had a great experience.
One NCL cruise was horrible everywhere except for entertainment, One
Celebrity cruise that was a snore, (Actually had someone been snoring it
would have been one of the few activities onboard!). Other lines have all
had faults and good things about them just as CCL does.
Jim

k.net...

Old December 29th, 2004, 11:47 PM
jsmith

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:49:32 -0500, jsmith wrote:

Having just experienced a very disappointing cruise on the Carnival Destiny
I have been drawn to read other threads that have mentioned Carnival ships,
most of which have been negative. It would be interesting to hear of other
experiences involving this cruise line.

What disappoints one doesn't phase another. What were your specific
disappointments?

Oh, not you again !!!!
Old December 29th, 2004, 11:49 PM
pat

i just took a cruise on the carnival destiny nov 7-14th and it was the best
cruise i have ever taken... i thought the ship was in great shape for being one
of the older ones we had a great balcony cabin... the crew was wonderful and
cabin steward was even better..... the ports of call were the greatest and my
daughter and i want to do the same cruise again in 2005 if possible
chattie patty

Old December 29th, 2004, 11:52 PM
HDawson228

I've enjoyed all my 15 cruises, four of which were on Carnival. Food in the DR
is considerably better than on Royal Caribbean. But a long way from matching
Celebrity. Cabins of course are larger.
The worst ship? The unRegal Empress, but it was a very good iten and really
cheap.