Black comedian on Princess cruise

Old April 30th, 2005, 08:02 PM
tenplay

Default Black comedian on Princess cruise

Back in the summer of 2002, my wife and I took a Princess cruise from
Seward, Alaska, down to Vancouver. We remember a very funny black
comedian, whose name we cannot remember. Last night we were watching
the film "Phenomenon" starring John Travolta. One of the costars was
Forest Whitaker, popular black actor, who closely resembles the black
comedian on the cruise. Could it have been him? But why would a
successful Hollywood actor be working as a comedian on a cruise ship?
It doesn't make sense. Can anyone clear up our confusion for us? Thanks.
Old May 1st, 2005, 12:33 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"tenplay" wrote in message
Back in the summer of 2002, my wife and I took a Princess cruise from
Seward, Alaska, down to Vancouver. We remember a very funny black
comedian, whose name we cannot remember. Last night we were watching the
film "Phenomenon" starring John Travolta. One of the costars was Forest
Whitaker, popular black actor, who closely resembles the black comedian on
the cruise. Could it have been him? But why would a successful Hollywood
actor be working as a comedian on a cruise ship? It doesn't make sense.
Can anyone clear up our confusion for us? Thanks.

Might have been George Wallace--he does cruise ship gigs every now and
again. "Very Funny" is an understatement!

Old May 1st, 2005, 02:25 PM
Robert Strauss

We came of the Grand Princess a couple of weeks ago. There was a black
comedian who did two shows. He was somewhat heavy-set, very short hair, and
kept running his hand through his hair. Actually, if he hadn't said he was
black I wouldn't have known it because he was very light-skinned with
freckles. Claimed to have Jewish parents (adopted) I think. He was
extremely funny and we enjoyed him immensely. Unfortunately, I can't
remember his name. Its wasn't Forrest Whitaker. This guy was much younger.
He was as good as any comedian I have ever heard.

Robert

Old May 1st, 2005, 03:46 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Robert Strauss" wrote in message
We came of the Grand Princess a couple of weeks ago. There was a black
comedian who did two shows. He was somewhat heavy-set, very short hair,
and
kept running his hand through his hair. Actually, if he hadn't said he
was
black I wouldn't have known it because he was very light-skinned with
freckles. Claimed to have Jewish parents (adopted) I think. He was
extremely funny and we enjoyed him immensely. Unfortunately, I can't
remember his name. Its wasn't Forrest Whitaker. This guy was much
younger.
He was as good as any comedian I have ever heard.

Hi Robert!
Welcome back! So how did you enjoy the Grand Princess? How was the weather?
Did you save a copy of the newsletter? It would have the name of that
comedian.

--Jean