About Muster Station Drills

Old December 5th, 2005, 11:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default About Muster Station Drills

Ray L. Nutz wrote:
What happened to muster drills ??
and Cruising??

"Rosalie B." wrote in message

"LeeNY" wrote:

Rosalie B. wrote:

snip

And, even if your head is buried in a book, if the car swerves or if
your husband starts swearing, don't you stop reading, look up, and
suspend your recitation until things settle down again, or do you just
keep on reading?

By the time I say 'what's wrong' or 'what did you do that for' the
whole thing is over. And he finds it irritating for me to ask, so it
would probably be better if I kept on reading.

Yup. That's a distraction, all right. No argument there. Who could be
more distracted? How about a mother with a crying baby, talking on a
cell phone?

Less rather than more. She's obviously oblivious to the baby.
:-)

Now you're being silly, Rosalie. A mom driving, on a cell phone

I did put a smiley there. So yes it was meant to be a bit humorous.

call,with a crying baby in back is LESS distracted than a mom with JUST
the crying baby?

There's a certain amount of truth what I said though. A mom who can
keep on talking on the phone while her baby is crying is probably
really good at concentrating on the phone conversation - may not even
hear the baby crying.

grandma Rosalie

As with most threads, they tend to wander off the trail. Something
embedded in the original post prompted someone to talk about something
else instead. Although some of it's interesting, I agree it's off
topic, and I'm just as guilty as the next person.