Continental Airlines agent accidently cancelled flight ... customer logs over 400 minutes of phone time to recover flight. THEN tries to charged $50 change fee.

Old June 7th, 2006, 04:16 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Continental Airlines agent accidently cancelled flight ... customer logs over 400 minutes of phone time to recover flight. THEN tries to charged $50 change fee.

The short story -

Continental Airlines agent accidently cancelled flight ... customer
logs over 400 minutes of phone time to recover flight. THEN tries to
charged $50 change fee.

Continental Airlines Inc
1600 Smith St
Houston, TX 77002

CEO Lawrence Kellner
Phone 713 324 5000

FAX 713 324 2087 ; )

EST sales $9,744,000,000

Jeffery Smisek President
Lawrence Kellner Chairman
Feffrey Misner CFO
Gerald Laderman Treasurer
Chris kenny Controller
John Walker Corporate Communications Executive

garry

The abbreviated long story -

Booked flight through Expedia Cleveland to West Palm Beach (delta) May
17 06 / West Palm Beach to Cleveland (continental) June 12 2006. Both
segment 'controlled by Delta

June 4th called Continental asking for options to change return. Was
told by continental agent he could change flight to flight lv West Palm
that would leave June 6. I said that would be great. Was put on hold.
Agent came back and told me that he was sorry but he could not change
because tickets were controlled by Delta.

Called Delta to see what they could do and was told that my reservation
was cancelled.

Called Continental back 'why did you cancel my reservation' was told
that it was cancelled but could not reissue because ticket was
controlled by Delta.

Called Delta was told that they could not help because it was booked
through Expedia and they (Delta) did not have the original record
number.

Called Expedia got disconnected Called back and was told that they
could not help because the flight was cancelled by Continental.

Time log -- keep in mind that each of these calls require getting
through the voice jail / auto response system and include many holds
and a couple 'start the whole f**&^ing thing over because of
disconnects .... SO time so far is 35+25+17+12 or 89 minutes and I am
only 1/2 way through my 6 pages of hand written notes.

FOR ME AND OTHERS THERE IS NOT RECOURSE FOR DISGUSTING SERVICE ----
EXCEPT FOR ---- HOPEFULLY THE WEB COMMUNITY -----

The story continues -

Enter Expedia again- (the help desk in the Philippines)

Called Expedia -- voice jail - hold - disconnect
Called Expedia back they tried to conference Delta to solve the problem
.... was told that he had Delta agent on other line and she was briefed
of the situation and would help. I should stay on the line and she
would be with me shortly. He said bye. Hold 20 some minutes no one came
on from Delta ... I hung up.

Called Delta back got through to level 1 support told problem asked for
level-2. Hold .......... I explained background to level-2 and was told
that she could change ticket for earlier flight but I would have to pay
'significantly more' I said I can not pay more and what are my options?
She said that she could rebook the original ticket. I said great. put
on hold .... she came back and said that after checking she found that
she could not reinstate because Continental cancelled it.

I called Expedia and after the auto response questions I got a fast
busy signal .... I hung up.

I called back only to reach a nice guy who did not understand english
very well - even after very slowly giving my email with g-george a-adam
r-robert r-robert etc. could not get it ... I hung up and called back
for someone better with english and asked for a supervisor.

Now I try to peel the corporate layer onion by asking how I can get in
touch with someone from the States. The call dropped. I tried again and
the call was dropped .... Called back an explained that I had been
disconnected 3 times. And was told that their records show that I was
only dropped 2 times. I complemented them on their great record keeping
but the reason that they had only two dropped calls was because I never
reached a person on one of the dropped calls. I went on to explain that
the bigger issue was I do not have a flight back home because
Continental cancelled my reservation. Was but on hold for over 15
minutes and never got to an agent.

4:18 day one. (now starting detailed time log) Called Expedia explained
situation and was told that he had to contact sales support because the
records show that Delta created a separate pin ???? He would call me
back with new flight information tomorrow. He said that the flight
would be tomorrow sometime between 1-3 tomorrow.

End day one ... total time logged aprox. 280 minutes. That is 4.6 hours
and I do not have my original flight back because Continental made a
mistake and cancelled it.

Day two.

11am Called Expedia to tell them that I never got a call back. got
reference number of trouble ticket which showed no record of any flight
for today. hold hold
11:25 level-2 I give reference number she asks if she can put me on
hold while she reads the reference documentation. I said no because I
am sick of listening to the Pachelbel canon --
11:38 comes back and asks how she can help? I said "after reading for
the notes of my problem for 13 minutes how do you thing you might help.
She did not understand so I explained that I want my flight back. the
on that Continental cancelled and that I have been trying to get back
for about 5 hours. hold
11:48 still hold
11:56 still hold
12:10 still hold
I hang up

12:10 Thinking to myself maybe if I lie to the auto response system and
rather than say change reservation I say cruise tickets. There must be
higher level people that sell the higher ticket cruises. Someone
answers and I ask if I was calling the Philippines. She said I had
reached the states. I told her the situation and she said that she
could not help because she was with the cruise department. I asked if
she could look up a reference number. She said yes. She asked me if I
tried calling 800 397 3342. I told her that yes and that I had the
number burned into my brain along with the Pachelbel canon. I asked if
she could get me someone to help. To be honest I do not know what
happened next. I have not notes until later at 5pm . I might have
passed out.

5pm I received a call from Expedia with Continental on the line (but on
hold) to discuss the problem.
5:11 still on hold ... Expedia said that they would call me back.
5:15 Expedia called back ... puts me on hold said that he can not get
Continental on the line .... hold 10 minutes ... Continental get on the
line and I explain. Continental said that they would reinstate the
original ticket but would not give me an earlier flight without a $50
change fee. This supervisor whose name was Mark Pratt must be pittied.
Anyone who could listen to the details of this customers 6 hour
adventure and still ask for $50 ... and be adamant about not waving it,
is a moron. The company that supports this lack of service is beyond
absurd. Continental responds telling me that I had a flight today but I
never showed up so it was cancelled. I said that while Expedia was
trying to arrange for this I never got a call back and when I called
asking about the flight no one had information. Then in a big 'I got
you now attitude' the Continental agent said 'If you did not know about
the flight why did you show up at the airport!' What!!!! I said ... why
the hell would, after trying for -- now hell i lost track maybe 6 hours
-- to get a flight, would I go to the airport and not take the
flight... NO I did not go to the airport. Now another Expedia agent who
said that he was monitoring the call came on in my defense explaining
that Contenental screw up, put this customer through hell and asked why
he could not simply wave the $50. He said no. Then asked why he was
able to book rebook the the flight (the one that no one ever told me
about) without assessing a $50 charge but can not now. He had no
answer. The Expedia agent then asked to talk to this Continental
supervisor's supervisor.
5:55 hold
6:12 Expedia said that they would call me back.
6:20 I call Continental explained ... and asked for help.
6:24 hold
6:31 marilyn answered .. I explain
6:43 hold
6:47 Marilyn said that she could wave the $50 change fee but the cost
of the new ticket would be the difference between the new flight ($350)
and what I have 'into' the old flight which would be about 200$. I said
let me tell why I think this is a bad business decision and started
reading the notes of my experience.......
6:58 Marilyn said 'I am going to have to disconnect you now..... click.
7:01 Linda from Continental -- I asked why I was told by Mark Pratt
that he could not wave the $50 but was told by Marilyn that she would
wave it (but charge $200) hold.
7:25 Denise Patterson Continental - I explain -- she said that the
original ticket was never cancelled by Continental and that I could
change only if I paid the difference of the new flight and the old plus
a change fee. She went on to say that she is marking the record for all
agents to see stating that no changes will be made without charge.

8 ish -- Expedia called me (to there credit) and said that they were
unable to get Continental to wave the $50 change fee but, if I paid it,
they would reimburse me. On principle I want Continental to wave this
$50 and asking for the web community for help. Anyone in?

I just want Continental to wave the $50. Explain why they treat
customers this way. Personal apologies for the morons who made such
stupid business decisions. And compensation for my time.

You know what to do boys.

Old June 7th, 2006, 05:09 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default email of the ceo is

the email for the ceo is
Lawrence W. (Larry) Kellner, CEO )

thanks for the help

Old June 7th, 2006, 05:21 AM posted to rec.travel.air

wrote:

the email for the ceo is
Lawrence W. (Larry) Kellner, CEO )

thanks for the help

Who cares?
It's your problem.
It sounds like you want to email bomb them.
Old June 8th, 2006, 07:36 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Anonyma wrote:
..
Fired Cisco troll/netkook/psychopath/pedophile Michael Voight "mrtravel"

trolled:

wrote:

the email for the ceo is
Lawrence W. (Larry) Kellner, CEO )

thanks for the help

Who cares?

YOU obviously do, or you wouldn't have responded, you stupid psychopath.

It's your problem.

Unfortunately, you're our problem.

It sounds like you want to email bomb them.

Says the sociopath who has been bombing us with his stupid trolling,

kooking,
and newsgroup flooding for DECADES.

Truly you psychopaths have no self-awareness.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Usenet Public Service Announcement

The "mrtravel" psycho:

- suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- is a 47 year old unemployed loser, alcoholic, drug addict/dealer
- has been trolling usenet and flooding newsgroups for TWO DECADES
- has been harassing and stalking usenet posters for TWO DECADES
- is a known criminal, in trouble with the law since he was a teenager
- has no life outside usenet, is online trolling/harassing/stalking 24/7
- is such a loser he often responds to posts within one or two minutes
- is a known liar and bull****ter, lies about everything
- was fired by Cisco in early 2005 for doing all of the above from work
- likes to make death threats
- is a known pedophile and child sexual predator
- is a known importer of Russian whores looking for fast cheap green cards

If you are one of his victims, report him to Scotts Valley police:

Michael D. Voight, aka "mrtravel"
111 Bean Creek Rd, No. 118
Scotts Valley, CA 95066-4148
(831) 438-2485

Scotts Valley PD
One Civic Center Drive
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
(831) 440-5670

Police Chief Steve Lind
s l i n d @ s c o t t s v a l l e y . o r g

http://www.scottsvalleypd.com

Also contact the Scotts Valley mayor:

Paul Marigonda
m a r i g o n d @ p a c b e l l . n e t

About the "mrtravel" psycho - FAQ
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...07022ace08c90c

More info on the psycho

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...a7ed8ad9d9d920

mrtravel's drug abuse
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...c64751c93c3e2c

mrtravel's wife left him
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...28ed1eb3843662

Wow! This "mrtravel" sounds like he has a few "problems"...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Old June 8th, 2006, 08:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Gregory Morrow wrote:
Wow! This "mrtravel" sounds like he has a few "problems"...!!!

It's sounds like you are still harassing people.