Paying cash for tix

Old March 29th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Scott

Default Paying cash for tix

What's the chance I'll get extra screening for an SAS flight,
IAD-CPH-IAD, I paid cash for? I had to pay cash because their
website didn't accept my credit card.

Old March 29th, 2004, 04:28 PM
cj

Scott wrote:

What's the chance I'll get extra screening for an SAS flight,
IAD-CPH-IAD, I paid cash for? I had to pay cash because their
website didn't accept my credit card.

Did you pay in cash over the website? Debit card?? I'd plan on going
through extra security, and then if you aren't required, then all the
more time you have to shop/eat in the terminal.
Old March 29th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Thur

"Scott" wrote ...
What's the chance I'll get extra screening for an SAS flight,
IAD-CPH-IAD, I paid cash for? I had to pay cash because their
website didn't accept my credit card.

I guess so, thats one of those "triggers"...
When I paid cash once it said "CASH" on the ticket what raised (sp?) some
eyebrows, but nothing major.
Greetz,

*my short stay raised more eyebrows*

Old March 29th, 2004, 07:31 PM
mtravelkay

Hilary wrote:

What's the chance I'll get extra screening for an SAS flight,
IAD-CPH-IAD, I paid cash for? I had to pay cash because their website
didn't accept my credit card.

It's not always shown on the ticket, it depends on the type of fare. (The
discounted fares don't show any method of payment at all, just a code for
via agent.)

I wish I knew why US airlines still consider buying a one way ticket as
a reason for extra security screening. I bought a one way ticket on WN
due to an AA flight cancelation from SNA-SJC last night, and it was
marked with the checkerboard and SSSS. However, security wasn't
screening at my gate, so I didn't get screened. The ticket wasn't paid
for in cash. It is kind of stupid to think that terrorists will only buy
one way tickets.

Old March 29th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Nomen Nescio

Michael Voight of Cisco mtravelkay trolled:

Hilary wrote:

What's the chance I'll get extra screening for an SAS flight,
IAD-CPH-IAD, I paid cash for? I had to pay cash because their website
didn't accept my credit card.

It's not always shown on the ticket, it depends on the type of fare. (The
discounted fares don't show any method of payment at all, just a code for
via agent.)

I wish I knew why US airlines still consider buying a one way ticket as
a reason for extra security screening. I bought a one way ticket on WN
due to an AA flight cancelation from SNA-SJC last night, and it was
marked with the checkerboard and SSSS.

And you wonder why??? Obviously they run background checks on kooks like you
and don't trust you to fly until security searches you very thoroughly:

About Rogue Cisco Employee Michael "mrtravelkay" Voight,
a.k.a. the "mrtravel" Netkook Troll/Usenet Flooder

***WARNING: THIS IDIOT HAS BEEN CAUGHT FORGING PEOPLE'S IDENTITIES ON USENET
AND CANCELLING THEIR POSTS.***

"mrtavelkay" is the latest usenet handle of a brainless troll whose real name is
Michael Voight, email .

He is better known by his previous stupid handle, "mrtravel".

The idiot works for Cisco in San Jose and apparently they don't
keep him busy enough so he has to troll usenet when he isn't
looking for foreign brides to marry in exchange for money
in alt.visa.us.marriage-based and alt.personals.big-folks, or trying
to pick up minors in alt.personals.teens or any of the number of creepy
newsgroups he frequents. Some of his other trolling aliases are Network
Guy, , sleepydoc , jlhunt
, and Lost 5 of 8 , mrt ,
news.sf.sbcglobal.net , not-nomen
, David Tanner
, Jeff Davies , BobTheBuilder
.

All intelligent members of the usenet community have killfiled him, so he takes
great pains to get past their killfiles by rubbing his only two cerebral neurons
together and coming up with gems like: mrtrav , mrtrav3
, mrraveltay , and mrtravelkay
, and mtravelkay and ""a.a\"@a,a,a.
The lastest product of his brain diarrhea is Bill Clarkj
.

He seems to like to hang out in alt.sex.preteen. Hmmm....

His phone numbers are 831-295-3628 and 831-252-2606.

He's got a daughter in Orange County that one of his ex-wives had the
intelligence to take away from him. Lord only knows what could have
happened to her if she had continued to live with the kook. The other kids
he has belong to his previous Russian sleazy brides, and since they come
and go so do the kids. It wouldn't hurt to let Cisco know what kind of
deviant sexual pervert maniac they have working for them, so....

For starters, forward his idiotic posts to
.

He works in technical support, so forward them to
.

He often posts through sbcglobal and prodigy, so forward them to
and as well.

You can also call them at 1 800 553 2447 and ask to speak with a supervisor
and explain that you are EXTREMELY unhappy that this idiot spends his whole
day at work playing on the internet on company time. THEY WILL NOT LIKE
THAT.

Then write to corporate headquarters explaining what this idiot is doing
and telling them HOW BAD IT IS FOR THEIR COMPANY IMAGE. They will LOVE
that you brought this to their attention:

Cisco Systems, Inc.
170 West Tasman Dr.
San Jose, CA 95134
USA

Then also call them. You should always follow up email or letters with
phone calls. Always ask for supervisors or managers. Try to get as far up
as possible.

(408)526-4000
(800)553-NETS or
(800)553-6387

Contact Investor Relations and tell them you are interested in investing in
their company but won't do so until they get rid of this asshole who is
wasting company resources:

Cisco Systems, Inc.
Investor Relations Department
170 West Tasman Drive
San Jose, CA 95134-1706
Phone: (408) 526-8890
Fax: (408) 526-4545
Email:

Might as well contact customer service too, they LOVE to hear about this
type of stuff:

USA 1 800 553 6387

Then finally, send letters with copies of his nasty posts addressed
personally to each one of the OFFICERS of the company using the
headquarters address. Believe me, they READ your complaints and are VERY
INTERESTED in them, especially if it's about one of their employees. They
will take a PERSONAL interest in rooting this ASSHOLE out of their company:

John Morgridge, Chairman
John Chambers, President, CEO
Donald Valentine, Vice Chairman
Larry Carter, CFO, Sr. VP-Fin. and Admin., Sec., Director
Richard Justice, Sr. VP, Worldwide Field Operations

Have fun!
Old March 29th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Scott

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:28:53 -0700, cj wrote:

Scott wrote:

What's the chance I'll get extra screening for an SAS flight,
IAD-CPH-IAD, I paid cash for? I had to pay cash because their
website didn't accept my credit card.

Did you pay in cash over the website? Debit card?? I'd plan on going
through extra security, and then if you aren't required, then all the
more time you have to shop/eat in the terminal.

Can you pay cash over the internet? What do I do? Scan the money in
and email a .jpg file of it? Or take a picture on my camera and said
that? Just kidding...

I drove to Dulles and paid cash at the counter and recieved paper
tickets. They (SAS) and Expedia, do not accept debit cards anymore.
That's what they said on the phone.
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:33 AM
George Greene

Just curious----if the website wouldn't take your credit card and you had to
drive to DFW to pay for the tickets, why not use your credit there at the
DFW counter instead of cash??

Old March 30th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Scott

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 01:33:44 GMT, "George Greene"
wrote:

Just curious----if the website wouldn't take your credit card and you had to
drive to DFW to pay for the tickets, why not use your credit there at the
DFW counter instead of cash??

It was IAD not DFW. Though I may have worded it incorrectly, it was a
Check Card, not a credit card. SAS wanted a bank check, cash, or a
money order, or another credit card. I decided on cash just to save
time. Didn't think about the security issue until later.
Old March 30th, 2004, 05:15 AM
nobody

Eric Toline wrote:
If your debit card has a Visa or Mastercard logo on it you can use just
like a credit card. You should check with your bank about getting a
debit card with a Visa or MC tie in.

Visa advertises on USA TV that its Visa Check card can be use ANYWHERE the
VISA logo is displayed.

However, it seems that for the last couple of years, some visa issuing banks
have placed restrictions on merchants' accepting foreign cards or those check cards.

If you have a Visa check card and some merchant does not accept it, you should
contact Visa Intl or your own credi card issuer to complain.

If VISA tolerates this, then someone needs to take them to court for false advertising.