Gatwick-Heathrow transport

Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:45 PM
Dallas Mathis

Default Gatwick-Heathrow transport

We need to transfer from Gatwick to Heathrow. All Google searches show
high fares (50 to 90 pounds per person) Any ideas?
Thanks.
Dallas Mathis
Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:53 PM
David Bennetts

"Dallas Mathis" wrote in message
news
We need to transfer from Gatwick to Heathrow. All Google searches show
high fares (50 to 90 pounds per person) Any ideas?
Thanks.
Dallas Mathis

There is a direct coach service, which costs 17 pounds per adult.
See http://www.baa.co.uk/main/airports/h...ere_frame.html,
click on "traveling between airports" for details.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:55 PM
Nige

"Dallas Mathis" wrote in message
news
We need to transfer from Gatwick to Heathrow. All Google searches show
high fares (50 to 90 pounds per person) Any ideas?
Thanks.
Dallas Mathis

WOW Dallas Mathis ! Is that the real Dallas Mathis ?

Most people who need to transfer between these airports us a bus link. It's
quite normal. Allow about 2 hours. Would cost in the region of 20 Pounds or
less per person.
http://www.nationalexpress.com/desti...orts.cfm?t=air

Old April 24th, 2005, 08:11 AM
ALAN HARRISON

"Dallas Mathis" wrote in message
news
We need to transfer from Gatwick to Heathrow. All Google searches show
high fares (50 to 90 pounds per person) Any ideas?
Thanks.
Dallas Mathis

The advice given regarding the coach (express bus) is good. This is by far
the most convenient way to transfer. However, you need to ensure that you
have adequate time to do so, allowing for any accidents on the M25 as well
as the current roadworks. Rail alternatives are more complicated.

Alan Harrison

Old April 24th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Patrick Wallace

Try www.nationalexpress.com/

or www.baa.com

for details of the Speedlink interairport bus. Around £20 per person,
I believe.

Old April 24th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Dan Stephenson

In article , Nige
wrote:

"Dallas Mathis" wrote in message
news
We need to transfer from Gatwick to Heathrow. All Google searches show
high fares (50 to 90 pounds per person) Any ideas?
Thanks.
Dallas Mathis

WOW Dallas Mathis ! Is that the real Dallas Mathis ?

Most people who need to transfer between these airports us a bus link. It's
quite normal. Allow about 2 hours. Would cost in the region of 20 Pounds or
less per person.
http://www.nationalexpress.com/desti...orts.cfm?t=air

I did this last Fall and I recall 3 hours.

--
Dan Stephenson
Photos and movies from US Parks and all over Europe:

Old April 24th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Dan Stephenson

In article , Nige
wrote:

"Dallas Mathis" wrote in message
news
We need to transfer from Gatwick to Heathrow. All Google searches show
high fares (50 to 90 pounds per person) Any ideas?
Thanks.
Dallas Mathis

WOW Dallas Mathis ! Is that the real Dallas Mathis ?

Most people who need to transfer between these airports us a bus link. It's
quite normal. Allow about 2 hours. Would cost in the region of 20 Pounds or
less per person.
http://www.nationalexpress.com/desti...orts.cfm?t=air

Scratch that, 3 hours to Stanstead. Heathrow was 90 minutes.