Quote wanted Disney Cruise April 11th - ? for 7 nights

Old March 24th, 2009, 01:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Quote wanted Disney Cruise April 11th - ? for 7 nights

3 adults
2 children ages 6 and under
cheap
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:46:19 -0400, Brian K wrote:

On 3/24/2009 9:06 AM "tweaked" on too much
Starbucks said:
3 adults
2 children ages 6 and under
cheap

Uh, if you want a quote for a Disney Cruise, you need to go to Disney
Cruise' Web Page, use one of the many travel bots like Travelosity,
Orbitz, Expedia or contact a travel agent directly. This is a
discussion newsgroup. While there are a few reputable TA's on this
newsgroup - there's no guarantee that you will hear from the good ones.
Read the comments of the different TA's, in the various threads. Then
e-mail directly the ones who sound most professional, ethical, and
experienced.

I think the poster has the right idea and would be willing to bet he has
heard from the known TAs and the lurking TAs by now.
--
Think first! Before you book a cruise from a two bit lying sleazeball
who uses Usenet as free SPAMADVERTISING ground and for purposeful

The OP hasn't and won't hear from me. 1st. there is no such thing as a
"cheap" Disney cruise for 5 people, especially one that is going to sail
just a few weeks from now. 2nd. I suspect that the OP wouldn't like any
product that even a reputable TA could provide. Notice how I don't post my
particulars. I have enough business.

Old March 25th, 2009, 01:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

Starbucks said:
[...]

particulars. *I have enough business.- Hide quoted text -

LVTravel, I didn't even know you were a TA until the other day when
you were chatting about it in another thread.

You were also talking about Las Vegas.

So, I am slow. All these years, my eyes just sorta skimmed the
letters, and I kept reading Love to Travel or Live to Travel! Guess
both are how I feel!

But now, doh, I get the connection. LV = Las Vegas. So do you
specialize in Vegas tourism in addition to other travel opportunities?

Diana Ball
Austin, TX
Old March 25th, 2009, 01:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

Starbucks said:
[...]

Cheap could mean "best price".

2nd. I suspect that the OP wouldn't like any
product that even a reputable TA could provide.

That's a jump to a conclusion.

Notice how I don't post my
particulars. I have enough business.

That's appreciated, btw.
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

Starbucks said:
[...]

I have been known to book a "few" rooms there for myself and fare paying
guests. Sometimes groups and other times just individual bookings for those
that want to go. And yes, I do LoVe to Travel, whether it be cruising,
airline based or simply getting in the car and driving. The original
meaning to my signature was Las Vegas Travel but was too long to type and I
also liked the double meaning.

Old March 26th, 2009, 01:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

This is an interesting request... wants a Disney cruise, "cheap," next
month, while providing very sketchy information to go on, and doesn't even
want to communicate via this newsgroup. If they already have a price, but
thinks they can do better with a mass-market saturation of agents, they may
simply end up with a low-ball figure just to get a bite. Our private
response in this case would be; more information needed before a realistic
quote would be forthcoming.

Happy sailing...
John

Old March 26th, 2009, 03:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:59:23 -0700, John Sisker wrote:

This is an interesting request... wants a Disney cruise, "cheap," next
month, while providing very sketchy information to go on, and doesn't even
want to communicate via this newsgroup. If they already have a price, but
thinks they can do better with a mass-market saturation of agents, they may
simply end up with a low-ball figure just to get a bite. Our private
response in this case would be; more information needed before a realistic
quote would be forthcoming.

Happy sailing...
John

Sure but the OP is using Usenet as he desires. I think this is a perfect
venue for a price request, look at the discussion it is generating
(since someone will come and bellyache about this being discussion
group).

Is it discussion when the Girl's Club spends 10-15 posts a day about how
much they would like to do this or that? Hell no.

If Usenet wasn't such a hidden medium, I would expect to see more TAs
with announcements and more cruisers with price requests.