Do French Women tend to be less endowed than other Women?

Old January 12th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Earl Evleth

Default Do French Women tend to be less endowed than other Women?

On 11/01/04 22:47, in article ,
"Mxsmanic" wrote:

Earl Evleth writes:

Other human factors, like "intelligence" are not single gene specific.
So one gets a spectrum of distribution within a single population.

So?

So all of a particular population are not great long distance runners.
One gets a distribution. All Blacks have black skin, in a particular
isolated group, all about the same hue. Some other characteristics
will be specific, hair form, eye color. But talents will be distributed
since multiple genetic factors are involved.

An area of developing interest in evolutionary theory is that of
environmentally induced changes, something which was fraudulently
imposed by Lysenko in Russia but legitimately advanced by Lamark before
Darwin.

Largely, mutations (which Darwin did not know about) has been viewed as
haphazard occurring now and then but at predictable rates. The splitting
of man off from our common ancestor with some primates is calculated
on anticipated rates of mutations of certain proteins. For instance, pig
insulin has an amino acid or two differences from human. These mutations
do not inactivate the function of a particular protein. Man split off from
pig a fairly long time ago (in spite of appearances!).

But the idea that the system itself can speed up mutations via response to
stress and a threat to survival has not been fully investigated yet. Hints
are appearing that it occurs. It just might be built into the genetic
system itself that mutations are encouraged if needed for survival.

I already showed evidence that the average heights and distribution of
heights of White and Blacks in America have converged. Why? Were they
accidentally from the same height gene pool. Or was it achieved by
enough gene exchange in America to produce homogeneity in that area and not
in skin hue? Or is there an adaptation due to an underclass
group converging genetically to match the characteristics of the
upper class? As tall and lighter skin?

So, if we try the social experiment of dumping a million light
skinned Swedes into the tropics, will they progressively over
a few generations, go over to Black skins because of accidental genetic
changes or will it be because their bodies tell them "change" and
get some sun block? Would pygmies grow progressively taller
if shipped off to New York when their bodies said "gotta get taller"
and gene changes occurred to respond to that command.

Mexican-Americans are currently shorter than American Whites or Blacks.
Will that continue over the next 100 years?

I suspect not. I expect them to converge too.

Earl

Old January 12th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Mxsmanic

Earl Evleth writes:

Until something better comes along is the history of science.

Which happens with disturbing frequency.

Salesmen don`t get peer reviewed by other salesmen.

They don't?

By definition they test IQ!

By definition they test intelligence. There is very strong evidence to
indicate that they really do accomplish this to a large extent, and
certainly they surpass all other practical tests in this respect
(although a vocabulary test isn't a bad substitute, if an IQ test isn't
available).

Do you have Jewish friends in the US who have
had problems in this regard?

I've never asked them. None has ever mentioned such a problem.

Anti-Semitism mostly disappeared, just like that!

In the United States and many other countries, yes.

As to the current status of anti-Semitism in the US I will refer you to
a web page

http://www.adl.org/adl.asp

This is the Anti-Defamation League' web page. Although a special
interest group, their stuff is reasonably well presented.

What happened to the peer-reviewed journals?

The organized Jewish community strongly supports Israel.

It does? I suppose one could define any Jewish community that doesn't
support Israel as "disorganized," eh?

The CRIF is about as biased as they come; as I recall, it was one of the
organizations that filed a complaint against Yahoo for publishing
information to which it objected. Why you suddenly switched from the
academic sources that you praised to special-interest groups with strong
and obvious biases and agendas mystifies me.

Old January 12th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Mxsmanic

Earl Evleth writes:

So all of a particular population are not great long distance runners.
One gets a distribution. All Blacks have black skin, in a particular
isolated group, all about the same hue. Some other characteristics
will be specific, hair form, eye color. But talents will be distributed
since multiple genetic factors are involved.

So?

But the idea that the system itself can speed up mutations via response to
stress and a threat to survival has not been fully investigated yet.

Back to imprinting on pregnant women, then?

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Jeremy Henderson

On 12/1/04 10:32 am, in article , "Earl
Evleth" wrote:

[...]

This article on France is germane to Americans, especially
American Jews visiting France. I consider it a well balanced
analysis by a French Jew.

Earl

What utter garbage - the usual attempts to conflate "anti-semitism" with
"criticism of Israel". Ariel Sharon is a horrible butcher who deliberately
provoked the Intifada, was democratically elected by the Israelis, and has
pursued a policy of unrelenting barbarity. If the Jewish community in France
were to dissociate themselves from the Israeli regime and its vile actions
then perhaps there would be less anti-Israeli feeling in France. Then the
actions of yobs would be seen for what they are - mindless thuggery - and
not imbued with some special significance.

J;

Old January 13th, 2004, 05:56 AM
randee

The culprit in this case is theorized to be potassium 40; I forget it's
half life exactly but it's somewhere on the order of a billion or two
years. But it too shall pass.
--
wf.

Mxsmanic wrote:

randee writes:

Well if you believe the geologists that the earth was once entirely
molten then it has been slowly cooling since the mantle is now solid.
If the core is still molten iron as has been hypothesized then the earth
is probably still slowly cooling.

Most of the heat of the Earth's interior comes from radioactive decay of
long-lived radioisotopes, such as uranium.