Going to Wal-Mart while in Port

Old March 28th, 2005, 05:21 AM
E.k.R.

"Linsifer" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ernie,

Now this is where your Wal*Mart and the one I shop in once every two
years differs. It's actually CLEAN and organized. Granted, it's not set
up like Target. A little more warehouse-looking. I enjoy Target when I
get over there. Again, my town wouldn't allow one. They have some great
clearance sales. I just bought 7 nice looking blouses for a steal. I
also like Mervyn's California. Again, good sales.

Yes, if the Wal*Mart I shop in occasionally looked like the one you
described, I'm sure I wouldn't be so quick to defend it.

Lindsay

Hey Lindsay,
I guess I've just been to the wrong Wal-mart! As I mentioned, the one I was
in was dingy, dirty, and depressing. The clientele included every
stereotypical person from the South you ever heard about (and not in a good
way). I'll leave it at that.

Unfortunately I've been turned off to Wal-mart for life .... or maybe it's a
fortunate thing!

Ernie

Old March 28th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Linsifer

Our nearest KMart closed last year. What a dump. But, back in the late
'70s and early ' 80s in its Blue Light heyday it served a purpose for
me. I was a struggling nursing student and later, somewhat low-paid
nurse with small twin girls who needed to be clothed and fed. We spent
many a Sunday waiting for those Blue Lights to shine. :-) But, that was
then....and even though I'm not "rolling in dough" even now, I would
gladly have driven elsewhere to find my "bargains". As I said, it
evolved into a dump--now defunct, as it should be.

Lindsay

Newsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
From: "Marsha L" - Find messages by this
author
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:48:19 GMT
Subject: Going to Wal-Mart while in Port

I didn't care for the ones I had been into in NJ... I've been in a
couple
here (NV) and some are better than others. This is an "upscale
community"
and the Super Wal-Mart is ALWAYS busy.

OTOH, I don't think I've ever been in a K-Mart that I liked, and
they're
still in business (even if barely so!)!

All three of the big "mart" stores (Target being the third) are
relatively
close to me, and there are times that I've gone to each, but K-Mart is
the
nearest and the one that I'm least likely to go to.

Old March 28th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Linsifer

I would call the sheriff or police and have THEM set them straight.

Lindsay

Danni said:

Proving to Wal*Mart greeters that she is a service dog:

As I did......everytime I walked in. How many times can you hand the
same
person the dog's ID card (regs are on the back) before you decide it
best to
shop elsewhere

Old March 28th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Linsifer

I would hope that a cruise passenger isn't planning on coming out with
bags and bags of bargains while in port. But, as someone else
mentioned, what's the big deal about going in and buying some film or
suntan lotion? When we were in Cabo my daughter had to find a store to
purchase some Aloe Lotion for a sunburn and she would gladly have
bought it at a Wal*Mart had there been one, considering the price she
paid in Cabo. So, no, I don't think I would be spending hours shopping
for my kids' school clothes or the cheapest household cleaners...but a
quick "in and out" for a sundry item isn't going to suddenly turn me
into a "tourist who gravitates toward every Wal*Mart in port". :-)

Lindsay