Going to Wal-Mart while in Port

Old March 28th, 2005, 05:38 AM
Linsifer

EXACTLY.

Lindsay

said:

To recap:

to pick up brands of suntan lotion, and other pharmacy items
not available on board
to buy film (not all types of film available on board)
to look for inexpensive souvenirs, postcards, t-shirts, etc.
to buy snacks, favorite brands of pop, water etc.
which might be expensive or unavailable on ship
to buy inexpensive phone cards for calling home
etc. etc.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Katherine Becker "As god is my witness
I thought turkeys could
fly"
NEVER SEND A FERRET TO DO A WEASEL's JOB --WKRP

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old March 28th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Linsifer

I'm learning to invite more diversity into my life and basically just
having more acceptance, period. It seems when I let down my guard a
little and allow different types of "cultures" and "ways of doing
things" to become a part of my world, things just have a way of feeling
more balanced for me. If that means driving around for that elusive
parking space at a Wal*Mart so I can go in and rub shoulders with those
who may or may not be "the same as me"...that's what it might take to
achieve that. One thing for sure, we all have to shop for toilet paper
whether it be at Wal*Mart or elsewhere. And, it serves the same
purpose. :-)

Lindsay

Old March 28th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Linsifer

They closed down both of our Boston Markets, too. Chain restaurants
just don't seem to survive here. No more Sizzler or Red Lobster,
either. Chilis and Fresh Choice are probably the only ones that are
doing just fine.

Lindsay

Karen Segboer Mar 27, 2:24 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
From: (Karen Segboer) - Find messages by
this author
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:24:44 GMT
Subject: Going to Wal-Mart while in Port

Heck, I'm still mad because they closed down the nearest Boston
Market. 'Loved that creamed spinach and meat loaf.

From: (Karen Segboer) - Find messages by
this author
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:24:44 GMT

Old March 28th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Linsifer" wrote in message
ups.com...
Our nearest KMart closed last year. What a dump.
Lindsay

Lindsay, There are no KMart stores in our city..The Super K Mart about ten
miles from us also closed at least a year ago..It was next to a theater.
Last time we went to the movies, I noticed it was gone..I had never even
been inside.
Wonder with all the closures, how they were able to buy Sears?

--Jean

Old March 28th, 2005, 08:22 AM

For some reason, Wal-Mart has been painted as the great devil. Shame on
them, attempting to sell any and everything cheaper than anyone else.
If you don't like it, don't shop there.

I find it interesting that this subject is being discussed on a cruise
news group. People go to Wal-Mart to make their dollar go a little bit
farther while cruising is near the top of the list of individual
vacation options. Much like driving a $250,000 sports car but going to
the 7-11 self serve gas station to save the 3 cents a gallon.